Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2022, 12:59 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I feel as though I've already left the Country. I live in the Free State of Florida. FLA is nothing like the woke Lib cesspools found elsewhere.

I live in a very Red community, in a Red County, in a Very Red region, of a Very Red state, that is located in a Red portion of the USA. I'm deeply entrenched.

I'm confident Florida would secede, along with Texas, & other Red States, before I'd have to leave.

I can't think of any point at which I would willingly leave the USA. The USA, as we know it today, might leave me though.
No matter what else happens, no state will ever successfully secede.

Old 12-11-2022, 01:07 PM

25,853 posts, read 12,890,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
And yet the U.S became the #1 global superpower with the same ideology.
standing 10 count...ahzzie....how many fingers am I holding up?

allenk893's retort (above) is going to leave a mark...ouch!

You all know though, while we're bickering Red vs. Blue, DC's slowing enslaving us all..."this is a public service announcement...this is only a test...now back to our regular programming".

Old 12-11-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Move to North Dakota and grow your own. Plenty of land available for fairly cheap still. People need to get back to the land. Raise cattle on grass and grow our own vegetables.
That is the future of America...return to the agrarian way of life, after the gov't runs out of other people money.

Old 12-11-2022, 01:12 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,345,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
Just wondering what your final straw would be.

As for me, with kids, if I had no other options but to send them to public schools, which are increasingly regulated from outside their districts, I'm gone. They're certainly not the public schools from my youth.
Go where? You DO realize every other country has immigration laws right? You can't just show up to the border, and be welcomed in and given free money, healthcare, housing and a job like you can here. My old roommate moved to Sweden, took nearly a year, he couldn't even visit the country while they were doing background checks and then he couldn't even get a job until he took classes to learn Swedish and learn the local customs and history of the country. We need to be more like Sweden. We wouldn't be in nearly the mess we are if we were.

Old 12-11-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Florida will stay red at most, another decade. By then, the transplants would have outnumbered the conservatives here and will turn the state into a radical blue hell hole like everywhere else.
Thus far, the Red transplants have been outnumbering the Blue transplants. FLA now has 300k more registered Reds than Blues, and the last election was a landslide Red win in FLA.

The momentum may still be towards the Red's.

I think we're good for more than 10 years.

Also, as the Libs flee their destroyed cities, the Pubs will overtake control of many states. Heavily populated Blue major cities is the Lib stronghold, but when those are decimated, & millions leave, those states will turn back to Red.

The cities will remain Blue, but the population trends will look like Detroit, or Cleveland.

Old 12-11-2022, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It would actually be helpful, for those who also are interested in leaving the US for a "paradise", if you would share what you're talking about.

Why be secretive?
Because we dont want Libs to know where we plan to go because they'll flock there, take over, and destroy those places too; like they have with nearly every major U.S. city.

We've learned to keep it to ourselves.

Old 12-11-2022, 01:20 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,345,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
And where, do tell, is this greener grass?
Have you ever traveled? Id move to Italy in a heartbeat. Especially with their new PM, shes great. Spain. Id also include Greece. I also have a few friends who moved to Dubai and love it. Not very easy immigrating to other countries though. You dont just show up at the border and get welcomed in and given housing, healthcare and a job like you get when you come here.

Old 12-11-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No matter what else happens, no state will ever successfully secede.
...and you know this how?

Many thought the EU could never bust up..but it has. The Soviet Union too....and India-Pakistan.

Old 12-11-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Go where? You DO realize every other country has immigration laws right? You can't just show up to the border, and be welcomed in and given free money, healthcare, housing and a job like you can here. My old roommate moved to Sweden, took nearly a year, he couldn't even visit the country while they were doing background checks and then he couldn't even get a job until he took classes to learn Swedish and learn the local customs and history of the country. We need to be more like Sweden. We wouldn't be in nearly the mess we are if we were.
From an immigration standpoint I agree...we need to be more like Sweden.

On most other counts, I disagree...the USA is better than Sweden.

Old 12-11-2022, 01:42 PM

4,617 posts, read 3,313,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Move to North Dakota and grow your own. Plenty of land available for fairly cheap still. People need to get back to the land. Raise cattle on grass and grow our own vegetables.
Who takes care of you when you get old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies