Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 07:40 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,416,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It would actually be helpful, for those who also are interested in leaving the US for a "paradise", if you would share what you're talking about.

Why be secretive?
The poster has said Panama or Portugal in other threads.

Old 12-11-2022, 07:44 AM

3,194 posts, read 1,049,540 times
I might go back to my native country. In Eastern Europe. And live in a small village, in the mountains. A place where I used to go during the summer when I was much younger.

But I don't like the way Europe 'evolves'...I agree with this man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHRwl6gdnj4

Old 12-11-2022, 07:47 AM

25,877 posts, read 16,591,624 times
My neighbors and their kids bought land in Montana because of this liberal hell but from what I’ve heard the California idiots are moving there too. North Dakota I think would be safe if you have an income or money to live on.

Old 12-11-2022, 07:48 AM

13,718 posts, read 4,988,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
Just wondering what your final straw would be.

As for me, with kids, if I had no other options but to send them to public schools, which are increasingly regulated from outside their districts, I'm gone. They're certainly not the public schools from my youth.
If Trump gets re-elected, along with a GOP majority in both Houses, I might have to consider moving out of the country. Even though I am a straight, white male, I have no desire to live in Gilead. I see repealing the freedom of reproductive choice as just the tip of the iceberg. Next to go will be same sex marriage, contraception and affirmative action. Then they will establish conservative Christianity as the state religion.

Old 12-11-2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
I might go back to my native country. In Eastern Europe. And live in a small village, in the mountains. A place where I used to go during the summer when I was much younger.

But I don't like the way Europe 'evolves'...I agree with this man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHRwl6gdnj4
I follow a guy on YouTube called “Russia Guy”. He’s from Australia and moved to Siberia. Pretty amazing place really. The people are great, it’s clean and orderly. The cities are great, no graffiti on anything, no idiots wandering around. I know Russia has plenty of problems but Siberia seems nice if you like winter.

Old 12-11-2022, 07:52 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,651,870 times
The only thing that would make me truly leave is if I no longer had access to fresh organic foods and neither did children across the country. The abuse children have suffered through this American diet have been horrific. The disorders that have came about from the poisonous garbage they're spraying on our crops is unfathomable.

Old 12-11-2022, 07:59 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,651,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Oh the right wing tears in this thread are plentiful. The only places you guys can go which share your theocratic conservative values are some of the Muslim countries. But even they have national healthcare systems and the like. This should be a wakeup call to the fact that a vast majority of the world is not aligned with your political ideology.
And yet the U.S became the #1 global superpower with the same ideology.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The only thing that would make me truly leave is if I no longer had access to fresh organic foods and neither did children across the country. The abuse children have suffered through this American diet have been horrific. The disorders that have came about from the poisonous garbage they're spraying on our crops is unfathomable.
Move to North Dakota and grow your own. Plenty of land available for fairly cheap still. People need to get back to the land. Raise cattle on grass and grow our own vegetables.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:06 AM

10,580 posts, read 4,109,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I feel as though I've already left the Country. I live in the Free State of Florida. FLA is nothing like the woke Lib cesspools found elsewhere.

I live in a very Red community, in a Red County, in a Very Red region, of a Very Red state, that is located in a Red portion of the USA. I'm deeply entrenched.

I'm confident Florida would secede, along with Texas, & other Red States, before I'd have to leave.

I can't think of any point at which I would willingly leave the USA. The USA, as we know it today, might leave me though.
Florida will stay red at most, another decade. By then, the transplants would have outnumbered the conservatives here and will turn the state into a radical blue hell hole like everywhere else.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:07 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,303,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
The poster has said Panama or Portugal in other threads.
Portugal has been ruled out due to the time difference. Our kids are here in the US. There is another Latin American country we are also interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies