Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 09:41 AM

9,840 posts, read 4,626,999 times

Advertisements

Rand Paul calls out many Republicans as not being fiscally conservative in regards to the framework for a 3,000 page spending bill.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/lawm...ry?id=95171907

He we go again let's pass it to see what's in it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2022, 10:01 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,233,399 times
Seems you pasted the wrong link but:

"When Republicans Are In Power, There Is No Conservative Party" - Rand Paul

Last edited by notnamed; 12-15-2022 at 10:10 AM..

Old 12-15-2022, 10:15 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
The only articles I can find on google coming close to the thread title is this one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...the-trump-era/

Rand Paul has a point though. Republicans talk big on spending but end up spending just as much, because MMTers, asset bubbles, low interest rates, and keeping the system liquid, requires printing ever higher amounts of money. Given the choice a good chunk of republicans would lower rates back to zero and bring back the asset bubble party of 2021, while they sat and complained about inflation, not seemingly realizing that easy money policies cause it.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:33 PM

25,701 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Rand Paul for President 2024...want to save America from BIG gov't? Then Rand Paul is your only choice.

Big Gov't is a parasite on America's private sector, & Big Gov't now consumes >50% of the U.S.'s private sector's output...& growing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

Soon, big Gov't will consume so much, the private sector will die. There will not be enough private capital to invest, & real private sector wages (adjusted for inflation) will continue to fall.

Only the private sector can grow GDP, big gov't can't...it takes all the $ it spends from us, it doesn't create wealth.

Fed Gov't total comp packages are now ~2X that of the median U.S. worker...& growing.

If American keeps voting Red v. Blue, & vote like its a popularity contest, America will collapse...soon.

The interest payments on our debt is unsustainable, & will soon eclipse what we spend on defense.

Its the top 1% versus the 99%, & until Americans all realize this, & ditch Red v Blue, we are doomed.

Rand Paul is the ONLY experienced pol in DC who will reduce spending, & the size of DC. That must become our prime directive to save our way of life.

If you disagree, & won't vote for Paul, you next best play is to get a job working for the federal gov't.

The swamp is betting that most Americans won't figure all this ^^^ out for themselves, & vote accordingly.

They are probably right. If you know of any other American who is more likely than Paul to reduce Fed spending, please share.

If you think we can keep going down this same road w/o dire consequences, please share that as well.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:46 PM

27,117 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Rand Paul calls out many Republicans as not being fiscally conservative in regards to the framework for a 3,000 page spending bill.

Yes, who knows what is hiding inside it.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:52 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,173,625 times
I heard that the spending bill is full of "earmarks," or spending on items that a particular congress critter has inserted into the bill.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:58 PM

9,840 posts, read 4,626,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Seems you pasted the wrong link but:

"When Republicans Are In Power, There Is No Conservative Party" - Rand Paul
I sure did. My bad. Device trouble not that it matters.

Correct LInk

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022...-conservative/

Again my apologies.

Old 12-15-2022, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
I heard that the spending bill is full of "earmarks," or spending on items that a particular congress critter has inserted into the bill.
That has become standard operating procedure for CRs (continuing resolutions). Our fed gov't doesn't even pretend to do budgets anymore. The entire spending process has been convoluted into a self-serving money grab that puts the DC swamp in front of the interests of the American people.

I realize Red v Blue is entertaining, but are you okay with that destroying America?

I've asked many times for posters here to name 1 qualified person in DC who is more likely to reduce spending, & the size of the fed govt than Rand Paul, & not 1 response. Some attack Rand Paul for other reasons, but not 1 response providing a better alternative...not 1.

I'll ask again...name 1 qualified DC politician who has a better track record on reduced spending than Rand Paul? (spare me the attacks on Rand Paul, and/or his father...I've seen them all)....just answer my question..if you dare.

Old 12-15-2022, 05:04 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post

And they wait to do this in the final days of the year

Old 12-15-2022, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And they wait to do this in the final days of the year
They know most Americans are not paying attention, so now is a great time to steal more $ from us.

The Fed Gov't has successfully dummied down most Americans into thinking fed spending doesn't matter.

It's like crying Wolf...overspending is supposed to be the end-of-times, but nothing ever happens, so now most ignore the Wolf.

I try to educate people here on C-D (who are generally speaking, way smarter than those not here) about how the interest on the debt is close to overtaking defense spending, but it goes over like a lead balloon, so trying to educate American voters at large is futile.

There are VERY few fiscal Conservatives in DC...a small handful. 90% of Pubs spend just as much as Dems. The few fiscal Conservatives in DC are so badly outnumbered, they have no chance to change anything...until after the collapse of the Dollar, & then America...then they'll be treated like Gods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies