Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 06:50 PM

41,015 posts, read 18,366,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is a good question about Georgia. Fact is he is a former POTUS and indicting a former POTUS is uncharted waters and a very big deal. So I imagine they are treading lightly trying to make the right decision. Nixon clearly committed crimes and he got a pass.

I think Trump did do things that he could be indicted for. I am just not convinced he should be indicted because it will open a Pandora's box and make this be something that will happen to every former POTUS. Just one more thing that will tear our country apart.
Hence it’s not a slam dunk as the poster claimed.

The country has been torn apart with the Dem goosechase, Sleepy Joes promise of unity was a lie, and the can of worms has been opened for future POTUS goosechases over hurt feelings.

Old 12-18-2022, 06:52 PM

37,576 posts, read 19,449,225 times
Quote:
That is a good question about Georgia. Fact is he is a former POTUS and indicting a former POTUS is uncharted waters and a very big deal. So I imagine they are treading lightly trying to make the right decision. Nixon clearly committed crimes and he got a pass.

I think Trump did do things that he could be indicted for. I am just not convinced he should be indicted because it will open a Pandora's box and make this be something that will happen to every former POTUS. Just one more thing that will tear our country apart.
Nixon also received a pardon from Gerald Ford.

Old 12-18-2022, 07:09 PM

13,356 posts, read 21,979,119 times
Quote:
That is a good question about Georgia. Fact is he is a former POTUS and indicting a former POTUS is uncharted waters and a very big deal. So I imagine they are treading lightly trying to make the right decision. Its not like they would be indicting a county commissioner. Nixon clearly committed crimes and he got a pass.

If he's not indicted, the Republicans will pull this crap on every single election they lose, and will ramp up their destructive, strong-arm tactics each time. In fact, it's already started.

Yes it's uncharted waters, but so is a president who's guilty of sedition, fought the peaceful transition of power, not to mention stole and lied about classified documents. None of this has never happened before in the history of this country.

It doesn't even matter whether he goes to jail. But being found guilty of sedition means he can't run for office again. Not that he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning, but history must reflect that if you interfere with the democratic process, you forfeit your right to run for public office. This crap needs to end now.

Old 12-18-2022, 07:09 PM

8,439 posts, read 4,432,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then be honest, but provide it in a way that all can relate.
Around here, prejudice trumps honesty.

Old 12-18-2022, 07:11 PM

46,445 posts, read 27,319,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
around here, prejudice trumps honesty.
lol....nope.

Old 12-18-2022, 07:16 PM

8,391 posts, read 3,885,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Do you think that they should prosecute?

What effect do you think a "very real" prosecution of a former president who's still very controversial over a symbolic gesture will have on our society? Do you think it'll help calm things down and bring us together, or something else?

What's your goal here, exactly? What do you want to see happen, and why?

This stuff is extremely serious and important and defines the boundaries for what's acceptable in society. Yet most people simply don't understand that. It's retail politics for them, because they're too shallow to comprehend the seriousness of what's taking place right now. I'm sure they all think that they're "critical thinkers," too.
It's very simple. If there's evidence of a crime being committed, DOJ has the duty to prosecute for justice. A jury, as defined by The Constitution of the United States as peers, will determine guilt. The integrity of the justice system must be preserved.

Old 12-18-2022, 07:19 PM

6,769 posts, read 4,466,222 times
I think Trump knows his clock is ticking. I've seen him in interviews where he is sweating like Nixon, and its not from the hot lighting. The hot lights dont put that look on your face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies