Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2023, 06:13 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

This is what I think. I don't see MORE Blacks voting Republican. I see the Blackmalevoter turnout declining. Whenever there is a decline in voter turnout among Black males, it works to boost the percentage of Black males voting Republican. Really, more Blacks aren’t warming up to the Republican Party. The percentages are padded by a drop in the Black male voter turnout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2023, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
GOP support among black voters ticked up during midterm elections: Survey
Support for Republican candidates among black voters saw an uptick during the midterm elections , a new survey revealed Saturday, marking a significant blow to Democrats with an important voter base.

Conservative candidates nationwide found support among black voters increase to 14%, according to AP VoteCast, up from 8% in the midterm elections four years ago. In states such as Georgia, the results were even more noticeable, with Gov. Brian Kemp (R-GA) more than doubling his support among black voters to 12%, compared to 5% in 2018.
I think if your platform is based on human decency and following the laws in place, people will eventually figure out that this is the better platform.

The GA data is interesting being that Abrams was on the Dem side of the ballot.

Also...

Friday's survey also showed an increase in support for the GOP among Latino voters in November, but the gains were not as substantial as the party had hoped, and Republican Latino candidates did not win many races.
Normally, I stay away from CNN, but it's the same source that you used.

Black voter turnout dropped in the midterms.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/16/polit...024/index.html

Old 01-03-2023, 06:33 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
IMO Many Black men see voting for Republicans like it is fine cigars and Cognac. It is just a necessary "accoutrement" of their upper-class status.

Old 01-03-2023, 06:41 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I don't believe black folks will ever vote conservative en masse. That's part of the problem. for them.
Maybe. But at least there’s plenty of Ben Carsons out there who can say “told you so, you had your chance to vote for me.”

Old 01-03-2023, 07:33 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Without student loans and abortion on the ballot they’ll never show up in those numbers again, so I don’t think it’s considered a significant factor long term
You don't know Gen Z. At all. The conservative philosophy is dying. You may get a few Gen Z outliers but a vast majority will never vote for a conservative agenda, let alone its politicians who adhere to right wing principles. I know you'll cry "BS" and all but just watch over the next few years. The mid terms were only the beginning.

Old 01-03-2023, 07:46 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Without student loans and abortion on the ballot they’ll never show up in those numbers again, so I don’t think it’s considered a significant factor long term
Gen Z is the most concerning topic amongst GOP operatives. If the youth vote turns out once....probably candidate driven....if they turn out twice in a row...probably just political turmoil...when they turn out three times in a row like they did in 18' 20' and 22'...you can't ignore that. They have created a culture of voting....that's alarming.

If the GOP were smart they would be developing common sense center/right positions and policies that would be appealing to a large segment of this voting block and then cultivating that vote....not call for the rise in voting age. MAGA does not play here.

Old 01-03-2023, 08:43 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Well you should consider them a significant factor because they are a huge voting block and will continue to be so. This is a generation that will have a whole lot of say.

Old 01-03-2023, 10:02 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Wrong! In 2016 Trump got 8% of the Black vote, & in 2020 he got 12%...a 50% increase.'

In the mid-terms it went up again to 14%...a trend that scares the crap out of the Libs

Black income & employment rose under Trump, & fell under Obama, Trump also get his prison reform passed, which helped Blacks. Trump was also better in supporting traditional Black colleges than Obama was. Under Trump, school choice made great strides, & in 2022, it gained significant ground...which benefits the Black community. Democrats are fighting against school choice every step of the way.

Since Black women vote ~2% for Pubs, that means Black men are voting about 26% for Pubs....and gaining.

If this trend continues (along with the Latino trend), for 10 more years, the Democrat party will never win another national election again. These 2 groups >30% of all Americans...and growing.

If he got more black votes and still lost the election, then it was a wasted effort, as I said.

For all the things he supposedly did for the blacks, they obviously did not turn out in great numbers to vote for him and even if 100% of black voters voted for him, he still would have lost the election.

The black votes are a lost cause.

Old 01-03-2023, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
If he got more black votes and still lost the election, then it was a wasted effort, as I said.

For all the things he supposedly did for the blacks, they obviously did not turn out in great numbers to vote for him and even if 100% of black voters voted for him, he still would have lost the election.

The black votes are a lost cause.
If the Black vote is such a lost cause, then why thread after thread regarding the Black vote? If it's such a waste, then why does it matter who Blacks vote for? Who cares?

Old 01-04-2023, 02:18 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Eventually us blacks will get tired of the crime, the promise for reparations, the anti-Christian rhetoric, and the promises of free crap. We're going to realize Dems were the party of slavery.

Then we're going to see a wave of blacks voting GOP, partly in retaliation for the years of exploitation by Dems and continued social regression under Dem governments.

One day, the chickens will come home to roost. In the meantime, we'll continue to watch Dems fail to legislate blacks up the social ladder.
Why should anybody “legislate” blacks up the social ladder?

That’s something each individual should do and I don’t see the party of Lee Atwater allowing too much of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies