Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 07:18 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,630,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
That's not going to happen. If she was going to, she would have at the trial to get a lighter sentance.
What I would like to know is, why is this convicted, uncooperative person in prison granted the right to give interviews to the media?
i have no idea what the approval process is for such interviews, but they've interviewed the worst of the worst while they were in prison - john wayne gacey, charles manson, etc. etc.

unpaywalled link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2023, 07:27 AM

6,574 posts, read 7,173,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So you think that Epstein actually committed suicide while the three cameras watching him were conveniently not functioning and the guards were conveniently asleep? And let's not forget that the prison conveniently neglected to have a cellmate with him despite being required to do so.

In fact, there are so many "conveniences" surrounding Epstein's death that it reads like a movie script. But sure, go with suicide.
His second autopsy paid by his family or friends revealed he had broken neck bones or something similar that would be impossible to break from hanging yourself.

Old 01-24-2023, 07:36 AM

45,647 posts, read 27,275,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i have no idea what the approval process is for such interviews, but they've interviewed the worst of the worst while they were in prison - john wayne gacey, charles manson, etc. etc.

unpaywalled link
Did a book deal or other opportunity to make a bunch of money arise?

Old 01-24-2023, 07:50 AM

10,923 posts, read 4,591,079 times
well if she does believe that, she is 4 years late to the party.

Old 01-24-2023, 07:51 AM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
She'll die of a heart attack in their custody while having no history of heart problems, high blood pressure or clogged arteries.
Unless she has the IQ of a rock, after Epstein died, she went and wrote a big fat tell-all, made a lot of copies and stashed them in such a manner that they'd never find them all in the event of her death and then they'd be released.

Old 01-24-2023, 07:51 AM

18,469 posts, read 7,110,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
He may have been, but OTOH is she exactly a reliable and believable person in general?

Yes, because the cameras being out and the guards being asleep on the job when he "hung himself" , along with the fact that not one person on their client list has even been named, much less charged is just a bizarre coincidence.

Old 01-24-2023, 07:54 AM

18,469 posts, read 7,110,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't think Epstein was murdered.

Many people would like to think so, to them it makes perfect sense. It's makes for a great story, with intrigue and skullduggery, paying off guards to look the other way ... sneaking in ... "so predictable" they say.

But I look at it a different way.

The man basically grifted his way into becoming one of the world's richest men with an ego to match, he was a real self loving manipulative narcissist. He was the center of his own universe. Then he abused a lot of people, he used them like toys, he dehumanized them.

His downfall was absolutely humiliating, he had to look at himself the way he thought the world saw him.

I think he wanted to die.

I have a really nice bridge for sale if you're interested.

Old 01-24-2023, 07:57 AM

27,245 posts, read 13,534,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yes, because the cameras being out and the guards being asleep on the job when he "hung himself" , along with the fact that not one person on their client list has even been named, much less charged is just a bizarre coincidence.
Exactly -

As for the interview Prince Andrew's lawyers are now examining it, as after the Alan Dershowitz case was dropped because Virgina Guiffre Roberts might have confused him with someone else, this now now a very different legal ball game.

You have to ask, how could someone take out a law suit for very serious sexual crimes that rumbled on for years, and then just say oh it was a mistake, when the other parties legal team hits back with new evidence.

Virginia Giuffre drops allegations against Alan Dershowitz, saying she ‘may have made a mistake’ - CNN (November 2022)

Maxwell even defended Prince Andrew, and stated during the interview that Virgina Guiffre continually changed her story, and is believed Maxwell may well provide Prince Andrew's legal team with assistance.

The Prince has now amassed a £10 million legal fund to go after Virgina Guiffre.

Prince Andrew amasses £10million fund to launch legal case against sex abuse accuser Virginia Giuffre -The Sun

I believe that Prince Andrew may well be innocent - The Telegraph

Last edited by Brave New World; 01-24-2023 at 08:08 AM..

Old 01-24-2023, 08:05 AM

8,637 posts, read 9,154,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think most people think that he was murdered in prison. Too many coincidences surrounding his death, come on. Cameras not working, guards not doing their patrols, and a few other things I can't think of right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if she at some point has an "accident" or something similar in prison. She knows where all the bodies are kept. Pay some cig money to some crack head in the joint and they'll shank her ass for sure.
She already cut a deal and is now in a country club prison....She will eventually be moved to the UK and spend no more than 10 years in jail.

Old 01-24-2023, 08:10 AM

8,637 posts, read 9,154,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
Spot on.
I think someone also heard struggling going on before he supposedly offed himself.
The man's neck was broke in a few places. Crushed.....he was strangled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies