Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2023, 05:20 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times

Advertisements

I have no issues with Communist China or even Communist Chinese, but I have a problem with their underhanded trade dealings, lying, stealing of technologies and so forth. I also have a major issues with Chinese nationals working and studying at our tech industries and universities since it’s a proven fact that they illegally take information, that isn’t theirs, and transfer it back to China. Also, I am sure that if an American wanted to buy property next to a Chinese military base in China…. Which they can’t since foreigners are not allowed to own Chinese land/property, but say they could, China wouldn’t allow that… Period!! So, I am 200% against Chinese buying any property within 25 miles of ANY U.S. military facilities since without question, it is being used to spy on our military and to steal whatever technology they can get their hands on.

To say otherwise is a lie.

The Communist Chinese knows that Americans are stupid, so they simply use our own stupidity against us. Heck, they even bought a U.S. Vice President, who by America’s own stupidity elected him to the President of the United States. Honestly, I can’t be mad at the Chinese since they played it just right and knew that greed is a Biden DNA weakness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2023, 05:32 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Yes they bought Smithfield Foods and yet no one complains that a foreign company In-Bev a Belgian Company owns Budweiser, is there a difference? How many foreign countries own companies and land in this country, I remember when it was the Japanese in the 70's-80's buying everything up and a cry went up.

Now 40-50 years later and the cry is over China, how about we just limit foreign ownership regardless of the country and not single one out. The money spent in Ukraine is more goods/weapons not cash and if the government spent that money "to divest the CCP " as you suggest then the outrage would be over the government preventing Americans from owning land, its a no win....
You cant see the difference between owning the largest pork plant vs brewing alcohol. Let me break it down to you in one way: a 15 yr old cant go buy alcohol legally but they can pick up some pork chops from the store.

Old 01-26-2023, 05:38 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Yes they bought Smithfield Foods and yet no one complains that a foreign company In-Bev a Belgian Company owns Budweiser, is there a difference?
how do you know? i complained bitterly when inBev bought out budweiser, and i'm certainly not the only one.

https://drinkamerican.us/

Old 01-26-2023, 05:40 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Can green card holders vote or get food stamps for example? No. Green card holders can let their card expire and move back where they are from. If they are married to US citizen should be easy to become a citizen.
Green card holders are eligible for SNAP benefits.

The Oklahoma law you referred to earlier doesn't apply to aliens who are residents of Oklahoma.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:31 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how do you know? i complained bitterly when inBev bought out budweiser, and i'm certainly not the only one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
You cant see the difference between owning the largest pork plant vs brewing alcohol. Let me break it down to you in one way: a 15 yr old cant go buy alcohol legally but they can pick up some pork chops from the store.
Either way its foreign ownership of a US Company and Smithfield is not the only pork company in the USA, how a 15 year old shops is a mute point. But I can see some adults actual took offense to Budweiser selling out.....

Old 01-26-2023, 06:41 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Here we go again with the Alien Land Laws. Our country's history is rich in such laws almost always, as in the Texas case here, directed against Asian property ownership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fengxg View Post
For those asking "Does China allow American people to buy land"? The answer is no. No, China doesn't allow US people to buy land, it doesn't allow its own people to buy land. Also China doesn't allow its citizen to criticize Xi otherwise they will put him into jail. Let's do the same and put those who criticize Biden or Trump in jail.

For those said non-citizen shouldn't buy land in US, make it a law and I support you 100%. Just don't single out Chinese. You should learn some logic.

If you can't afford buying a house you need to make more money. Blame your own problem on others is typical syndrome of entitled. Don't tell me you are not racist because you are.
OK, ONE MORE TIME, and I swear that reading comprehension in the US must really suck anymore!

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/sena...ing-texas-land

"The bill was authored by State Sen. Lois Kolkhorst. If passed, according to the bill language, it would ban companies and citizens of North Korea, Iran, Russia and China from buying property in Texas."

OK, let's have a little human geography lesson. Iranians and Russians ARE NOT ASIAN. Geesh people where did you go to school? This is the 2nd time that I have posted this.

All of those that can just parrot MSM really come up short.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:43 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
Quote:
Either way its foreign ownership of a US Company and Smithfield is not the only pork company in the USA, how a 15 year old shops is a mute point. But I can see some adults actual took offense to Budweiser selling out.....
Ya some definitely did. Still a big difference though. The average American is not gonna be able to buy budweiser but they could buy a home if there were less foreign landlords buying property they dont even see

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
OK, ONE MORE TIME, and I swear that reading comprehension in the US must really suck anymore!

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/sena...ing-texas-land

"The bill was authored by State Sen. Lois Kolkhorst. If passed, according to the bill language, it would ban companies and citizens of North Korea, Iran, Russia and China from buying property in Texas."

OK, let's have a little human geography lesson. Iranians and Russians ARE NOT ASIAN. Geesh people where did you go to school? This is the 2nd time that I have posted this.

All of those that can just parrot MSM really come up short.
I mean, technically they are Asian still. just a different kind.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:46 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Green card holders are eligible for SNAP benefits.

The Oklahoma law you referred to earlier doesn't apply to aliens who are residents of Oklahoma.
Green card holders cannot get SNAP benefits until they have been in the US for 5 years, and they must have lawfully entered the USA.

https://law.justia.com/codes/oklahom...%20under%20the

?No alien or any person who is not a citizen of the United States shall acquire title to or own land in the State of Oklahoma, except as hereinafter provided, but he shall have and enjoy in the State of Oklahoma such rights as to personal property as are, or shall be accorded a citizen of the United States under the laws of the nation to which such alien belongs, or by the treaties of such nation with the United States, except as the same may be affected by the provisions of this act or the Constitution of this state."

Old 01-26-2023, 06:51 AM

23,978 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I have no issues with Communist China or even Communist Chinese, but I have a problem with their underhanded trade dealings, lying, stealing of technologies and so forth. I also have a major issues with Chinese nationals working and studying at our tech industries and universities since it’s a proven fact that they illegally take information, that isn’t theirs, and transfer it back to China. Also, I am sure that if an American wanted to buy property next to a Chinese military base in China…. Which they can’t since foreigners are not allowed to own Chinese land/property, but say they could, China wouldn’t allow that… Period!! So, I am 200% against Chinese buying any property within 25 miles of ANY U.S. military facilities since without question, it is being used to spy on our military and to steal whatever technology they can get their hands on.

To say otherwise is a lie.

The Communist Chinese knows that Americans are stupid, so they simply use our own stupidity against us. Heck, they even bought a U.S. Vice President, who by America’s own stupidity elected him to the President of the United States. Honestly, I can’t be mad at the Chinese since they played it just right and knew that greed is a Biden DNA weakness.
^^^^

The Chinese are well known for buying land or businesses next to some university doing research on something of interest to them. They even tried buying an obscure music school in NJ. The school decided not to sell to them.

The jury is still out on if they own the POTUS, tho.

Old 01-26-2023, 07:21 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,468,414 times
Foreign buyers/investors ruins the property market and prices out locals. See Vancouver, Toronto, London, NYC, Sydney, and California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies