Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2023, 08:57 AM

828 posts, read 455,368 times

Advertisements

I always thought he was funny and unabashed. This is definitely classic Sen Kennedy.

"I'm not saying that this is accurate, but I can read a poll, and the American people have concluded that President Biden is old, and he needs soup and an early bedtime," the senator said.
"They have concluded that Vice President Harris is not capable — that when her IQ gets to 75, she should sell," he continued. "Again, I'm not saying that's fair or accurate, but that's the conclusion today that the American people have reached. They’re pretty disgusted."

He's pretty much on target though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2023, 08:58 AM

45,268 posts, read 26,522,131 times
He is a treasure

Old 11-23-2023, 09:06 AM

1,721 posts, read 813,852 times
I love when he questions people during hearings. Calm and to the point.

Old 11-23-2023, 09:31 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,817,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
I love when he questions people during hearings. Calm and to the point.
He asks them such basic questions that they should know inside-out and stumps them every time.

Old 11-23-2023, 10:15 AM

165 posts, read 103,809 times
I'm a democrat and I find Senator Kennedy hilarious, he really has an amazing way with words. Louisiana has two standout awesome senators, there's not many states I could say that about.

Old 11-23-2023, 10:32 AM

6,277 posts, read 3,435,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacsnlocks View Post
I'm a democrat and I find Senator Kennedy hilarious, he really has an amazing way with words. Louisiana has two standout awesome senators, there's not many states I could say that about.
Can I ask you why are you a democrat?
I have always wonder why a person is a democrat or a republican. Do people become that way because of family upbringing or being educated in a liberal way?

Myself I am a long time Fiscal conservative. I am self-reliant, pro life (with restriction), strong military, legal immigration, and for energy independence. And I might add I am life long atheist.
And the above doesn't put me in either political camp.

Old 11-23-2023, 10:36 AM

828 posts, read 455,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacsnlocks View Post
This is the way Americans should be. Not so ideological that we can't enjoy/appreciate those from a different party.

You make my day Lilacs

Old 11-23-2023, 10:37 AM

165 posts, read 103,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I have always wonder why a person is a democrat or a republican. Do people become that way because of family upbringing or being educated in a liberal way?
I am a democrat because of Donald Trump and his fans. Before 2015 I was an independent / no party affiliation and was very open to voting republican.

Old 11-23-2023, 11:29 AM

18,743 posts, read 7,641,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofjersey View Post
i always thought he was funny and unabashed. This is definitely classic sen kennedy.

"i'm not saying that this is accurate, but i can read a poll, and the american people have concluded that president biden is old, and he needs soup and an early bedtime," the senator said.
"they have concluded that vice president harris is not capable — that when her iq gets to 75, she should sell," he continued. "again, i'm not saying that's fair or accurate, but that's the conclusion today that the american people have reached. They’re pretty disgusted."

he's pretty much on target though...
excellent.

Old 11-23-2023, 12:58 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,370,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post

Myself I am a long time Fiscal conservative. I am self-reliant, pro life (with restriction), strong military, legal immigration, and for energy independence. And I might add I am life long atheist.
And the above doesn't put me in either political camp.
Myself, I'm a lifelong Conservative as were both my parents and grandparents on both sides. So I guess you could say I was brought up that way? I'm not an atheist, church goer or bible thumper either. In fact attending church bores the hell out of me. Probably because I used to hate being dragged off to church and Sunday school instead of messing around with my friends.

Some of my Liberal teachers tried to indoctrinate me in public schools to subscribe to their Liberal way of thinking. All during the time of the Vietnam War. Which only turned me against them even more. It sickened me the way they treated those who fought in it and blaming the United States for all of the world's problems. From there they've only gotten worse. I've always been against globalism and one world order along with multiculturalism and a bilingual society. No matter what race, color, nationality, or creed you are. If you plan on living here you should learn to speak one language and understand the principles of which this great nation was founded. Multiculturalism can only result in bringing centuries old culture clashes to our shores.

Liberals have taught me that everything that they say they are against is exactly what they are in spades. They're all for tolerance and civility yet use some of the most vile names that they can think of when it comes to those who don't think like them. They claim that they're all for freedom except when it comes to lawfully exercising our 2nd Amendment rights. Now they're trying to shut down our 1st Amendment rights as well along with due process. They've succeeded during the Biden administration in weaponizing the justice system against their political enemies. If not Biden and Co. would be treated no different than Trump and Co? What say you Merrick Garland? Trump being tried in New York City by a prosecutor and judge who've already found him guilty is proof of that. Is this the kind of justice system we want for America?

Hillary Clinton is calling for her political enemies to be deprogrammed, calling them deplorables. All that accomplishes is fostering hatred and division. Something that Liberals claim that they are against. They love using the term "White supremacists" for those of us that want a secure border instead of the United States becoming the world's dumping ground for its indigent populations. Just don't drop them off in Martha's Vineyard they'll find no welcome mat there.

Indeed I am a Conservative and damn proud of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies