Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2023, 09:20 AM

3,987 posts, read 6,608,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
Of all the people he never did one remotely violent thing. They picked him as their sacrafice because he was very noticeable and lots of footage. He did NOTHING and they know it and he's in prison 4 years. This should TERRIFY people to their core.
He didn't have to do anything violent. He admitted he trespassed and interrupted an official proceeding which is a felony charge. I'm not terrified because I am not stupid enough to don horns and break into the Capitol. You want to be the spokesperson for stupidity, be my guest. But don't cry about the consequences after the fact.

Do I think 41 months is excessive? Yup. But I didn't make the laws. Maybe be aware of your potential consequences before you act. It's called being a grown-up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2023, 09:21 AM

20,320 posts, read 21,156,476 times
And…deflect and denial continues…

Old 03-08-2023, 09:21 AM

1,368 posts, read 493,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
These kooks still deflecting and defending right to the very end. Like the band playing on the deck of the Titanic as it went down. They are loyal I’ll give them that.
It’s just absolutely astounding with the evidence coming to light, and the evidence that is and has been out there already, that these people just won’t accept what really happened and what is really going on. People still talking about cops who didn’t get murdered, getting murdered, it’s ridiculous. It’s been debunked for years now. Bury it already. Attacking Carlson out of blind denial and deflecting the truth. The guy is a total jackass, he really is, but that doesn’t change the evidence and facts he is bringing to light. I honestly can’t believe that people are still hanging on to the former narrative that was projected. It’s over. They’re busted. It’s totally not what you were lead to believe.
No Karl, they sat and digested the j6 hearing movie and bought it 100%. These are people who already had a severe case of TDS and this whole j6 thing cemented it for them that Trump was pure evil. The brainwashing is so utterly complete they will never wake up. I never paid one bit of attention to politics until recently so I don't have a dog in this race. I can see clearly what's going on and it's very impressive actually. Too bad it's not for good but evil.

Old 03-08-2023, 09:22 AM

8,439 posts, read 4,626,941 times
Quote:
These kooks still deflecting and defending right to the very end. Like the band playing on the deck of the Titanic as it went down. They are loyal I’ll give them that.
It’s just absolutely astounding with the evidence coming to light, and the evidence that is and has been out there already, that these people just won’t accept what really happened and what is really going on. People still talking about cops who didn’t get murdered, getting murdered, it’s ridiculous. It’s been debunked for years now. Bury it already. Attacking Carlson out of blind denial and deflecting the truth. The guy is a total jackass, he really is, but that doesn’t change the evidence and facts he is bringing to light. I honestly can’t believe that people are still hanging on to the former narrative that was projected. It’s over. They’re busted. It’s totally not what you were lead to believe.
You know, "the end justifies the means". As Harry Reid was famously quoted when asked why he lied about Romney's taxes: "Hey, it worked didn't it?"

I wish the left would just admit that that is their philosophy. It would explain all of their hypocrisy and eliminate "whataboutisms." They feel so strongly they are right, it doesn't matter how they win. It shouldn't matter to you either.

Old 03-08-2023, 09:22 AM

3,987 posts, read 6,608,054 times
Quote:
They wanted anyone and everyone locked up. As many people as possible whether they were involved or not.
The more people they can portray as part of this thing the more dangerous it makes the opposition look.
Are there a lot of people locked up that weren't involved? Who exactly?

Old 03-08-2023, 09:26 AM

20,320 posts, read 21,156,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Are there a lot of people locked up that weren't involved? Who exactly?
Look it up. I’ve said it a billion times on this forum in the past, I am not doing anyone’s homework anymore.
When *I* see something questionable posted, I do not pull the standard copout of asking “source” or “citation”,
I go look it up myself.

Old 03-08-2023, 09:26 AM

8,439 posts, read 4,626,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
He didn't have to do anything violent. He admitted he trespassed and interrupted an official proceeding which is a felony charge. I'm not terrified because I am not stupid enough to don horns and break into the Capitol. You want to be the spokesperson for stupidity, be my guest. But don't cry about the consequences after the fact.

Do I think 41 months is excessive? Yup. But I didn't make the laws. Maybe be aware of your potential consequences before you act. It's called being a grown-up.
He received a sentence twice as long as the maximum normally prescribed for such a crime. Even after he copped a plea deal. Something designed to reduce a sentence.

Old 03-08-2023, 09:27 AM

24,774 posts, read 13,163,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
1. I watched Jan 6 live on TV for hours so if anyone wants to see what happened unedited just go watch the news feeds from that day, its not a mystery and does not require Congress to look at, all that crap is just an excuse.
On live tv, did the show:

The cops letting people into the area around the building and into the building?
The cops giving people tours inside the building?
The cops giving buffalo hat guy a tour of the building, and trying to get him into the Senate Chambers?
The cops not bothering to arrest buffalo hat guy, even though the cops had him outnumbered?
A capitol cop saying that the cops had been made to stand down?
The woman who was shot to death had repeatedly tried to get the cops to finally do something to stop the mayhem?
A capitol cop beating another woman to death, or near death, with a heavy stick?
The cops firing riot grenades at a large crowd of people who were simply standing around, as if to incite them to riot?
etc....

They showed those things and much, much more like them? Had you started threads about those things right after you watched them?

Quote:
2. So what Tucker is saying is, I know people beat cops, busted out the building, chanting hang Mike Pence, beating cops with the American Flag on a pole, and using tear gas, but but but here is 1 min of people not beating people, see not so bad right?
It shows that most people there were not violent, which goes against the left's narrative.

Quote:
3. Tucker is literally using the BLM protest excuses for Jan 6. You didn't buy it for the BLM protest but your willing to buy it for Jan 6?
It was a riot, like the riots of 2020. Those on the left were good with the 2020 riots but hypocritically are not good with the J6 riot. Those on the right are not good with any of the riots.

Quote:
4. I also saw some saying Antifa was involved and should be locked up but you also have Republicans saying all the protestors should be set free. So if they are all Antifa why are Republicans calling for they're freedom from jail?
Who is saying they were "all" antifa?

We do know one who was blm antifa who was involved. He was armed, he was inciting others to "Burn this **** down", he had trespassed onto the grounds and into the building, yet strangely enough he hasn't spent one single day in jail while others, who had not even had a trial, had been imprisoned for almost two years.

There were likely other antifa there. They said they were going to be there. They have a rock-solid history of 'always' showing up at Trump rallies and to places where the proud boys are protesting. It's unbelievable to think that they would not be there.

Quote:
All this just looks like Snow-flaking and whining from Tucker Carlson since he is now using the BLM excuse of Mostly Peaceful Protest to justify Jan 6.
There's absolutely a reason to compare J6 riot with the 2020 riots. They were all riots. But the rioters from 2020 were treated completely different from the rioters of J6. Double standards.

Old 03-08-2023, 09:32 AM

4,654 posts, read 2,354,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
Of all the people he never did one remotely violent thing. They picked him as their sacrafice because he was very noticeable and lots of footage. He did NOTHING and they know it and he's in prison 4 years. This should TERRIFY people to their core.
Apparently it does not terrify the left because they think that the media and politicians are on their side. Little do they know that the rich globalists do not consider the normies to be one of them. They are just pawns in their game.

Old 03-08-2023, 09:36 AM
Status: "Peace sells...but who's buying?" (set 23 days ago)

8,226 posts, read 3,681,013 times
Quote:
We still have people insisting Trump said nazis were good people in regards to Charlottesville. Once they find a talking points that works for them, they don't give them up regardless of what reality says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies