Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2007, 02:47 PM

4 posts, read 14,684 times

Advertisements

Right now I am haveing a serious problem with the legal system in Snohomish county in Washington State. Does the U.S. Constitution exsist in that state? I have never seen such a lax system on child neglect and abuse in my life. I have tried for over a week to get the law to work there to protect two of my relatives one of which is only 3 years old. How do you get people there to do there sworn duties? I do not mean to sound critical but I am a criminal justice Student and do not understand how the law does not work in a place that is supposed to be part of the United States of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 03:55 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,856 times
It's called LIBERALS. Unfortunetly, you are trying to have a law work in a very liberal Part of Washington. I lived out there years ago. My sisiter is still out there and informs me it hasn't changed much. Unless a child ends up in the hospital Dieing the State and County wont do much but warn them. And sometimes they wont even Take the children away after they end up Hospitalized. Very SAD realy, But tht's what happens when Liberals Go to far. Don't worry it isn't just Washington. Ask any social worker who works in a Liberal State. Not Demacrate but a true liberal state Like VT or CALI. Or Wa. King County Area.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:33 PM

454 posts, read 906,162 times
Most of this is also posted in the Washington state forum, but this is a little less politically correct.

I can sense your frustration, but you throw too wide of a net trying to find blame. The US constitution has very little to do with what your problems (or I assume your sisters problem) as regards to the state of Washington and specifically Snohomish county (PS I live there).

Many of the issues that you are talking about have the do with DSHS (dept. of Social and Health Services). Being a vetran of this area, and having experience some of their system, I can tell you that it is a governmental program that you should avoid at all costs.

DSHS has been sued several times successfully when they were warned of criminal actions on the part of either foster parents or neglegent parents. DSHS turned their backs on these cases and some kids have died.

Other times CPS (Child protective services) gets involved and removes a child from the home. These kids are put in foster care, and we have heard the nighmare stories of parents who can't get the kids back (no drugs or crime involved).

Due to all that has happened to DSHS, the level of trust in them has been weakened. Don't expect them to come running into this without a lot of justification. As a matter of fact, you REALLY DON'T want them involved while there is no clear "bad guy" in that they may assume your relative is the bad guy and you may never see the kids again. (no, I am not over exagerating)

According to your washington state post the "other" parent filed a restraining order first so they have custody. This will hold a lot a weight with the courts. Unless your relative can show that the order was falsly filed, then all parties will look at your relative as the danger. (I know that is hard to hear when there is an emotional connection)

If the other parent was driving while drunk and drugged, the question is whether he was pulled over by the police, or was the a antidotal report? If there was police action involved that is a start to get this moving in the right direction, but if it's antidotal, then the police will not pursue in that there were no citations involved.

Your relative needs a lawyer who speciallizes this family law for the state of washington. Yes this will cost a pretty penny, but you know that the kids are worth it, so go do it.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:35 PM

454 posts, read 906,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
It's called LIBERALS. Unfortunetly, you are trying to have a law work in a very liberal Part of Washington. I lived out there years ago. My sisiter is still out there and informs me it hasn't changed much. Unless a child ends up in the hospital Dieing the State and County wont do much but warn them. And sometimes they wont even Take the children away after they end up Hospitalized. Very SAD realy, But tht's what happens when Liberals Go to far. Don't worry it isn't just Washington. Ask any social worker who works in a Liberal State. Not Demacrate but a true liberal state Like VT or CALI. Or Wa. King County Area.
You speak correctly as usual. The sytem is way out of wack.

Where in washington did you live and now long ago?

Old 01-06-2007, 09:03 AM

Seattle 2 almost 3 years.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:07 PM

504 posts, read 1,764,396 times
We have the same problems here in Florida with DCF, last time I looked Jeb Bush was not a liberal, I am sick of people blaming liberals for everything. If you people would start reading more and stopped listening to Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity you might have a better idea on who is to blame.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:48 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Very good points, imo, alexander59, but my eyes may also be skewed by reading too many alternet pieces

Child custody law is universally in trouble and is not a party-issue or a politically correct or incorrect issue. It is difficult to monitor someone else's home, and frankly in some ways the agencies have made as many bad choices as good in either taking away or allowing children to stay in their birth homes or for that matter in adoptive environments.

In NYC, several terrifying cases came to light, but the cause of these issues is frequently poverty, lack of education, and in one case, too much education, and neglect in various and unfortunate ways.

The system can't take all the blame, just their just proportion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
We have the same problems here in Florida with DCF, last time I looked Jeb Bush was not a liberal, I am sick of people blaming liberals for everything. If you people would start reading more and stopped listening to Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity you might have a better idea on who is to blame.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
If you read my post it Stated That in VERY LIBERAL STATES or areas of the states where EXSTREAM LIBERALS are Hence me singling out King County WA. Just because there is a Republican Gov, don't mean there are no Exstream liberal areas. And if you Google areas with this Problem and then Google Voting maps you will find I am Correct. This has nothing to do with Demacrates or Republicans per say. Most Demacrates are not Liberals To say that would be like calling all Republicans Neo-cons. Fact of the matter is it just isn't so. Both are ppl that just went too far Left or Right of there party and Most PPL don't like either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies