Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2023, 07:59 AM

52,700 posts, read 34,630,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
This inner city crime is spreading to the suburbs. Sat night - a gang fight of 60+ people occurred at our suburban mall in the parking lot - spread out into the street and across the street to the grocery store parking lot. Police from 14 different agencies around the area, a 30 mile radius, responded. Fight lasted from 9:15 until 11:15 when the police finally issued an alert that they had it under control.

Nowhere did the police put out an alert that people should stay away from the area. People who had been grocery shopping couldn't leave and those that had no idea what was going on were turned away when they arrived to shop. There was a blurb in the papers and on the news the next day just saying that no one was injured or arrested. Where did all these punks come from - the projects that have arisen within the surrounding area. We have no idea how much is actually happening in our areas unless you know a cop who will speak freely.
was this incident you're describing also in st. louis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2023, 08:28 AM

7,969 posts, read 3,506,158 times
Quote:
This inner city crime is spreading to the suburbs. Sat night - a gang fight of 60+ people occurred at our suburban mall in the parking lot - spread out into the street and across the street to the grocery store parking lot. Police from 14 different agencies around the area, a 30 mile radius, responded. Fight lasted from 9:15 until 11:15 when the police finally issued an alert that they had it under control.

Nowhere did the police put out an alert that people should stay away from the area. People who had been grocery shopping couldn't leave and those that had no idea what was going on were turned away when they arrived to shop. There was a blurb in the papers and on the news the next day just saying that no one was injured or arrested. Where did all these punks come from - the projects that have arisen within the surrounding area. We have no idea how much is actually happening in our areas unless you know a cop who will speak freely.
Is there a direct bus line between the crime ridden inner city neighborhoods and this suburban mall? That's often the case and it has ruined many a mall. That's what wrecked the mall in the city I grew up in. It was a nice pleasant place to shop until someone decided it needed a direct bus connection with the projects so the people who lived there could have better access. The mall quickly went downhill after that. It was torn down a couple of years ago.

Old 03-01-2023, 08:36 AM

52,700 posts, read 34,630,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Is there a direct bus line between the crime ridden inner city neighborhoods and this suburban mall? That's often the case and it has ruined many a mall. That's what wrecked the mall in the city I grew up in. It was a nice pleasant place to shop until someone decided it needed a direct bus connection with the projects so the people who lived there could have better access. The mall quickly went downhill after that. It was torn down a couple of years ago.
the only faster way to destroy a mall is dynamite or a wrecking ball.

Old 03-01-2023, 08:39 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,243,106 times
Quote:

And this is the black culture the Left holds up and wants everyone to respect and appreciate.

Old 03-01-2023, 08:50 AM

38,033 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I guess we are just skipping over the part there was a fight over something that may or may not have had anything to do with race prior to the shooting?
You miss the point. The events prior to the shooting don't matter, because it was just a white guy who was murdered. You made this point in another thread where you said:

Quote:
Poor oppressed white people. My heart bleeds for them.:cryi ng:

Old 03-01-2023, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Wild guess, you want that to happen.
It's already happening. More and more often we read where blacks want spaces that exclude whites.

Black students demand segregated spaces from white students

Ethnic Minorities Deserve Safe Spaces Without White People

Black Lives Matter Bans White People From Attending ‘Open Meeting'

'Too many white people in here': race row at US college

Apparently it's applauded and celebrated when blacks and browns get their college spaces and even graduation ceremonies which exclude whites. But when Scott Adams eludes to what has already become the acceptable norm for some blacks, then Scott must be canceled

Last edited by Wapasha; 03-01-2023 at 09:09 AM..

Old 03-01-2023, 08:58 AM

23,597 posts, read 17,275,145 times
headline, man murders other man, with which he had a prior dispute.

or black man murders defenseless white man and charged with a hate crime!

black man swears he didn;t touch the trigger of his illegally owned firearm.

Application of reparations, shooter free on bail to terrorize the public..... normal outcome in many cities run by activist prosecutors.

Old 03-01-2023, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Yes, racism was that bad. If you were Black and walked in the "wrong neighborhood", you could get killed and hardly anyone would care. This is what my father told me about the 1960s in Milwaukee. Yes, racial violence was just that bad.

I see that photo. One Vietnamese man shot another Vietnamese man. In America, Black gang members have murdered each other over what color shirt was being worn. This kind of violence is just perpetual.

As for the political demonizing of White people, I'll just say this. There might be an emboldening of anti-White sentiments egged on by woke forces. At the same time, anti-White attitudes among some Black people, that's nothing new. It's been around as far back as the 1950s. Malcolm X and the Nation of Islam preached that the White man was a devil. This was being said in the 1950s, in the ghettos. There were some Black people who hated White people because of how Blacks were treated by Whites from the moment Blacks were unwillingly brought to America. In the 1970s, some Black youths would attack White youths because of an attitude of revenge. The attitude of "remember when your people were hurting our people? Now it's time for revenge".

We certainly have alot of deconstructionist thinking. However, the racial violence in America is as old as America itself. And it doesn't at Blacks vs Whites. In Los Angeles, there is documented violence between Blacks and Mexicans. Now, me as a Black person, I have to be careful what part of Los Angeles I walk around. Mexican gangs literally went on an extermination campaign to rid their neighborhoods of Blacks.

Like I said, racial violence and racial demonization have never ended.
We see this today. Under the context of black people getting murdered in Chicago and none of the typical race hustlers in the national news media, or in the US Congress care, because there is no political capital be be made from it. I don't recall in the 1960s that whites were executing blacks in board daylight like this.

Old 03-01-2023, 09:57 AM

8,358 posts, read 2,981,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Say what you want, but in today’s environment, YOU may be the one who ends up in prison, especially if you are White and the criminal is a person of Color, even if the criminal is in the actual commission of a violent crime.

I lawfully carry a concealed firearm for my own protection and the protection of my family/friends, a child, a woman or the elderly who clearly have no means to protect themselves against a violent criminal attack. I am not willing to take a chance to simply and automatically jump into every situation and risk being sent to prison, or be convicted of a felony, with probation and no prison time and still lose my right to own a firearm. Plus, taking the chance of being sued in a Civil Court by the criminal of his family.

I am a retired LEO, a retired Army Combat Vet, and half Black. But, being light skinned with a European Sirname, I know I’d be screwed in court for trying to do the right thing, especially within the metro Seattle area. So, I have to take that into consideration

I wish it wasn’t this way, but until the laws are clearly changed to PROTECT law abiding citizens, enstead of criminals, it has to be this way..

Again, say what you want, but I deal within reality since life isn’t like a TV show or the movies.

If you think differently, I can respect that, but if you have a concealed weapons permit what would YOU do in that situation Are you willing to lose everything you worked for?

If you don’t own a firearm, where do you, as an individual, come off of by wondering if anybody else has a firearm and/or why didn’t they didn’t get involved??
Well said. Those commenting suggesting someone should have done something, what would they have done? I asked this question earlier on this thread and there have been no answers.

Those suggesting someone should have done something…”Where have our heroes gone?”…..would have done absolutely nothing. They are f o s.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:17 AM

78,559 posts, read 60,762,573 times
To recap:

1) You don't know what happened.
2) You don't know the guy is going to execute him like that.
3) You weren't personally being threatened at all.

But you should have intervened? Like how? Jump out and blow the one guy away? Then maybe you find out they're undercover or just caught a guy trying to grab a child and were holding him for police etc? Enjoy prison!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies