Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the fentanyl crisis in the USA represents intentional genocide?
Yes 29 45.31%
No 32 50.00%
Unsure 3 4.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 06:27 PM

9,399 posts, read 7,042,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Killing teenagers is thinning the herd? That's ghastly.

This stuff is ending up in the hands of people who have no idea what's in it.
Then don’t do drugs are bad. I do believe strongly in evolution and survival of the fittest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2023, 06:31 PM

14,688 posts, read 12,357,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Then don’t do drugs are bad. I do believe strongly in evolution and survival of the fittest.
That's really gross. This stuff is so potent it puts even first responders who touch them at risk.

Are they also the weak you don't mind losing?

Old 03-03-2023, 06:31 PM

6,893 posts, read 3,120,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
It is hard , after so much desensitizing, to even care sometimes if it isn't you or someone you know.

People read about fools playing with guns and end up killing themselves or someone picking fights with the wrong people and getting killed and many are like..hey, you put yourself in that situation, bro. F around and Find out.

If you are doing drugs all day, buying them from shady pushers on the street, yeah, there is a risk it is gonna be some bad stuff.

As long as people keep buying, someone is gonna be selling.

Old 03-03-2023, 06:32 PM

6,526 posts, read 6,737,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
I already said that there is a Russian Roulette aspect when using drugs. Pot is a drug, you know that, right?
You don't have to get snarky. Of course pot is a drug. But a casual pot smoker is not a drug addict. That was my point.

Old 03-03-2023, 06:40 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,616,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
You don't have to get snarky. Of course pot is a drug. But a casual pot smoker is not a drug addict. That was my point.
You'll have to excuse me if I don't take online anecdotal evidence as the entire truth of what actually happened to your friends daughter. Didn't mean to be snarky, I apologize if it came off that way.

Now, if your friends daughter is hanging out with people that have pot laced with fentanyl, then there is maybe something more to the story. I'll never know if the girl was a drug addict or not.

Old 03-03-2023, 08:16 PM

8,339 posts, read 6,832,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Do you think the fentanyl crisis that has been harming America represents intentional genocide? It seems like a fair question to ask.

The simple definition of genocide from Oxford Languages is:

"The deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group."

I think +100,000 a year constitutes a large number of people. The rates also continue to rise. We know where the stuff is coming from and we know securing the borders would put a stop to much of it. Thus far, it doesn't look like the Biden administration has any plans to attempt to reverse the growing problem.
An addict is looking for a new high. The cheaper the better. The more powerful the better. It's just like capitalism, make a better drug, the addicts will beat your door in.

The dealers WANT living customers. The dead don't need anything.

Old 03-03-2023, 09:35 PM

2,156 posts, read 1,460,212 times
Quote:
I would hazard a guess that most people who died from Fentanyl overdoses had no intention of taking Fentanyl in the first place. It is being put in heroin, cocaine, "street pills" and other drugs. PCP was sometimes used to lace marijuana a long time ago, but this is on an order of magnitude worse.
Drug dealers aren't interested in killing off their golden geese, so I don't think they are intentionally putting lethal doses of Fentanyl in other drugs.

Quote:
It's obvious there are plenty of other players in this game. The drug dealers aren't the ones producing this stuff. They are just adding it to the product to make the product more potent.
China & Mexico working in concert to keep America in supply of the drug we are demanding. A concerning aspect is that so many Americans continue to take up and use street drugs. We can't blame other countries for our own citizenry making such poor choices.

Old 03-03-2023, 09:46 PM

10,053 posts, read 4,790,389 times
Not genocide but it's distribution, sale and associated smuggling should be considered a major crime. The problem with illegal drugs in general most knowingly commit a crime to sell and/or buy them. Can try to minimize possession or use forever but it takes people who voluntarily and knowing break the law and risk their and others health for profit and pleasure.

Old 03-03-2023, 09:47 PM

32,218 posts, read 15,196,648 times
Quote:
Do you think the fentanyl crisis that has been harming America represents intentional genocide? It seems like a fair question to ask.

The simple definition of genocide from Oxford Languages is:

"The deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group."

I think +100,000 a year constitutes a large number of people. The rates also continue to rise. We know where the stuff is coming from and we know securing the borders would put a stop to much of it. Thus far, it doesn't look like the Biden administration has any plans to attempt to reverse the growing problem.
If people didn’t want it then it wouldn’t be an issue. And closing the border won’t do anything to stop it. Stop the addiction. Fentanyl has been around since the 60’s. It was never a problem until pharma got people addicted to opioids.

Old 03-03-2023, 11:25 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,090,623 times
Its all white replacement. Kill them off with fentanyl, and bring in brown spanish speaking peoples to replace them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies