Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the fentanyl crisis in the USA represents intentional genocide?
Yes 29 45.31%
No 32 50.00%
Unsure 3 4.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 05:35 PM

29,837 posts, read 24,933,447 times

Advertisements

Do you think the fentanyl crisis that has been harming America represents intentional genocide? It seems like a fair question to ask.

The simple definition of genocide from Oxford Languages is:

"The deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group."

I think +100,000 a year constitutes a large number of people. The rates also continue to rise. We know where the stuff is coming from and we know securing the borders would put a stop to much of it. Thus far, it doesn't look like the Biden administration has any plans to attempt to reverse the growing problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2023, 05:36 PM

18,482 posts, read 8,303,847 times
got to be something....cause it could not be more obvious

Old 03-03-2023, 05:43 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,606,718 times
I don't believe so.

It's just drug addicts being drug addicts. If the argument is that many times these addicts don't know what they're taking, then that argument falls flat, because there has always been a Russian Roulette aspect to taking street drugs. Also, it is unfortunate when someone with an addictive personality gets prescribed these drugs, yet, that still doesn't make it genocide though.

I've also seen that the claims that handling the drug can cause immediate overdoses, have been grossly exaggerated.

Old 03-03-2023, 05:46 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,117,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Do you think the fentanyl crisis that has been harming America represents intentional genocide? It seems like a fair question to ask.

The simple definition of genocide from Oxford Languages is:

"The deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group."

I think +100,000 a year constitutes a large number of people. The rates also continue to rise. We know where the stuff is coming from and we know securing the borders would put a stop to much of it. Thus far, it doesn't look like the Biden administration has any plans to attempt to reverse the growing problem.
No, bc it’s a choice at the end of the day.

Old 03-03-2023, 05:51 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,943,624 times
What an odd question. Yes, the Sackler family did their very best to kill off all working class white males. When the Sacklers failed, they turned the project over to the Chinese who seem to be doing a pretty good job. Why do you ask, anyway?

Old 03-03-2023, 05:54 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,685,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
I don't believe so.

It's just drug addicts being drug addicts. If the argument is that many times these addicts don't know what they're taking, then that argument falls flat, because there has always been a Russian Roulette aspect to taking street drugs. Also, it is unfortunate when someone with an addictive personality gets prescribed these drugs, yet, that still doesn't make it genocide though.
It's not just drug addicts. A woman I know just lost her adult daughter, who was smoking pot that was unknowingly laced with fentanyl. Now, I dont smoke pot, so I'd never given it much thought, but I didnt realize pot could even be laced with fentanyl. Since learning this, I've been trying to spread the word that even smoking pot carries the risk of death, thanks to China's efforts to get fentanyl into our country through our southern border.

I'm not sure fentanyl deaths fit the definition of genocide, but I have no doubt it is large-scale, intentional killing of Americans by the Chinese.

Old 03-03-2023, 05:56 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,238,054 times
The real characterization is what is known as "asymmetrical warfare" on the part of the CCP.

Fentanyl is sourced from China, shipped to Mexico, and transported across our porous open border (thanks Brandon!) with the purpose to kill US youth. The intent is to inflict as much harm as possible to reduce the numbers from the younger population that could augment the US standing military. It is also intended to undermine the fabric of society and cause discord from within and make us divert more resources for treating fentanyl overdoses at the expense of national defense.

This is just one prong of the asymmetrical strategy.

Wake up!

Old 03-03-2023, 05:57 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,606,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
It's not just drug addicts. A woman I know just lost her adult daughter, who was smoking pot that was unknowingly laced with fentanyl. Now, I dont smoke pot, so I'd never given it much thought, but I didnt realize pot could even be laced with fentanyl. Since learning this, I've been trying to spread the word that even smoking pot carries the risk of death, thanks to China's efforts to get fentanyl into our country through our southern border.

I'm not sure fentanyl deaths fit the definition of genocide, but I have no doubt it is large-scale, intentional killing of Americans by the Chinese.
I already said that there is a Russian Roulette aspect when using drugs. Pot is a drug, you know that, right?

Old 03-03-2023, 05:58 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,943,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishmanKlertz View Post
I’d tread lightly on this. Attributing a family to “white race genocide” goes hand in hand with anti-semitism.

Also whiteness is a construct, because Irish and Italians were not considered white. Neithe we’re Slavs.
Whooops! And here am I a Democrat, too.

Old 03-03-2023, 05:58 PM

29,837 posts, read 24,933,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
What an odd question. Yes, the Sackler family did their very best to kill off all working class white males. When the Sacklers failed, they turned the project over to the Chinese who seem to be doing a pretty good job. Why do you ask, anyway?

What are you talking about? Did you bother to read the definition of the word genocide? Not everything revolves around race, like the narrative spin masters on the television want you to believe.

Let's try this one more time... Here is the definition of the word "genocide". Read it a couple times over, just to make sure you got it... Then try again.

Notice the word "nation"... I can underline the word for you if that's what it takes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies