Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 05:43 AM

11,149 posts, read 10,726,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I'll ask you the same question that my parents ask me whenever I have doubts about the mask's efficacy.... if masks don't work, then why aren't all frontline workers dead?
Because Covid, at its worst, had a 99+% survival rate for anyone who didn’t have preexisting medical issues.

Old 03-06-2023, 05:53 AM

7,961 posts, read 3,499,152 times
Quote:
Nope, it could go away if people would just wear masks.
Stop it.

Old 03-06-2023, 06:20 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,723,455 times
Quote:
And how does anyone really know? Nobody did it! Since day 1 when we were told to wear masks, everyone refused and said, "B-b-but, mah freedom!!"
Actually, not everyone refused, but some did. Some were telling people to go visit Chinatown, some were calling policies to restrict travel from China Racist, and some did it all while not wearing masks.

Some went to restaurants and had parties...indoors and mask-free. Some got their hair done while they told other businesses to close. Some went to NFL championship games and the Superbowl. Some from New York were seen vacationing in Florida dancing the night away totally mask-free.

Now, who were some of those people...

Old 03-06-2023, 06:26 AM

17,826 posts, read 13,738,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Because Covid, at its worst, had a 99+% survival rate for anyone who didn’t have preexisting medical issues.
Right wingers need to decide if COVID is no big thang (cold, flu etc.) or if it was a "lab created/spilled Chinese bioweapon" like the Republican committee studying it just claimed.

https://www.science.org/content/arti...gence-agencies

Quote:
Based on our investigation involving a variety of public and non-public information, we
conclude that there are indications that SARS-CoV-2 may have been tied to China’s biological
weapons research program

Old 03-06-2023, 06:41 AM

9,441 posts, read 11,195,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
No you can't make it go away. You will still catch a cold, the flu, and COVID.

COVID kills people of color disproportionately, also known as Democrats, because they're disproportionately fat. Not because they don't have a mask.

If you're tired of losing your voter base, tell them to put down the vaccines and pick up a gym membership.
Masking and taking unproven experimental shots won't fix this. This is and has been about power, money, and control.

This was IMO a deliberate biowar effort by the chicoms. Perhaps it didn't start like that, but once it blew out into the local populace it became biowarfare. China sent the infected across the world but especially to their mortal enemy, the USA.

Another item. Listening to some MD expert spout off about his feelings has zero effect on my thoughts on the chicommie flu. Today, for SOME reason, NOBODY you see on the boob toob says, "I think." Yet how you feel is utterly insignificant.
If a supposed scientist doesn't know the difference between feeling and thinking, he needs to go back to school.

Old 03-06-2023, 06:51 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,310,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Right wingers need to decide if COVID is no big thang (cold, flu etc.) or if it was a "lab created/spilled Chinese bioweapon" like the Republican committee studying it just claimed.

https://www.science.org/content/arti...gence-agencies
Wake up buddy.

It was a bioweapon created by the Chinese (with help from our own Dr. Death - Fauci) in 2019, and released in 2020 to harm the world and prevent Donald Trump from being re-elected. (although it took a lot of election BS besides that to get the job done)

That was then. Now - it's a nothingburger.... it's mutated into a common cold.

Old 03-06-2023, 06:54 AM

17,020 posts, read 12,615,413 times
Quote:
Nope, it could go away if people would just wear masks.
Uh, yeah. No.

Net net, masks only slow spread and not by much. In the long run, everyone is getting it several times where it either kills you or it does less and less each time you get it.

Most of the people it was going to kill have been killed.

Old 03-06-2023, 07:03 AM

17,020 posts, read 12,615,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Wrong.

People with zero preexisting conditions is not even a majority any more since over 50% of us are fat.

It had a real kill rate of around (officially like 6% but was likely really around 3%. They listed my father as having died of covid. He actually died with covid, but was really killed by his 5th seizure and being an 89 year old physical wreck)

I know few doctors and a dozenish nurses. Covid was very bad. It still haunts the people I know in the medical field.

NOW the rate is 99+% because the most susceptible died and current treatments are FAR better.

Old 03-06-2023, 07:17 AM

18,154 posts, read 15,734,758 times
A worldwide bioweapon that was nothing worse than a cold or flu?

Nonsensical.

Old 03-06-2023, 07:45 AM

30,306 posts, read 23,784,547 times
Quote:
I'll ask you the same question that my parents ask me whenever I have doubts about the mask's efficacy.... if masks don't work, then why aren't all frontline workers dead?
They aren't wearing useless cloths masks. They aren't hanging them from their car's rearview mirror as if they were sunglasses. They aren't dropping them on the ground or shoving them in their "street clothes" pockets all day long, and then putting them back on. They aren't wearing the white masks that come out of a box that informs you, and has from the start, that they do not prevent you from getting Covid.

And if you think no "frontline workers" got sick any way, you're...shall I say "dead wrong".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies