Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2023, 06:29 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,723,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
NZ is further down the slippery slope than the US.
It certainly is. Too many complacent people imo.

Old 03-05-2023, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Umm, y'all have been making us talk about this for 2 years now. We're over it and it's dumb. Move on to more important things for goodness sakes. Let's talk about what we can do to fix inflation. Let's talk about what we can do about the border. How about crime? Let's talk about what is really important. Who the heck cares about pronouns and all that other junk? Drag Queens? Ridiculous!!
It's not about drag queens -it's about public institutions deciding that libraries are places for a group defined by a sexual fetish, to meet up with children.

If you are cool with this, why?

Old 03-05-2023, 06:34 PM

24,695 posts, read 9,515,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It is the right-wingers who are incessantly complaining about this stuff. If you're sick of it you should blame it on them.
We have people putting “her/them/she” on their social media bios now.

The mental illness is spreading faster than COVID.

Old 03-05-2023, 06:36 PM

10,134 posts, read 7,805,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble77 View Post
Great things like what?

ushering in war in ukraine?

highest inflation in 40 years?

advocating for the mutilation of children's bodies?

a wide open unprotected southern border?

kicking soldiers out of the military for not wanting to take the covid vaccine?

13 dead servicemen in Afghistan botched pull out

are these the great things you're referring to?
I know right? Guess we're stuck with pronouns. They have nothing good to talk about so it's all about pronouns and racism and cancel culture and equity...so sick of hearing about it. It's a broken record.

Old 03-05-2023, 06:38 PM

30,203 posts, read 11,859,725 times
Quote:
I'm so tired of hearing about:

Equity
Racism
Trangenders
Cancel culture
Pronouns
CRT
Woke this and that
Changing words that upset those weak on the left.

So sick of these crazy people in the White House. I wish they would concentrate on doing good things for the American people instead of all this ridiculous nonsense that tears us apart.

You rarely ever hear of any good things this administration does but I guess since all they want to do is destroy the country, in their eyes these are good things for them and helps them reach their goal of tearing us down.

All I can do is hope and pray people are smart enough not to vote for these people again in 2024 but you know they will once again 'fortify' the election and win once again.
If you are tired of hearing about it get off the internet. Its the MAGA people who keep bringing all of this up. I have seen zero threads started by leftists who opine here. Zero. Its all right wingers. I spent the afternoon working on my house and playing with my dog. You know what, none of those subjects came up. Tune out, unplug. Enjoy life. Get some fresh air. Lots to be thankful for.

And nice to throw in voter fraud conspiracy theories. That bit the dust with Fox News finally admitting there was no voter fraud.

Old 03-05-2023, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble77 View Post
At least they're no longer under the yoke of that fascist ginger muppet Adern.
The great danger is that people think the policies have changed, and now the likelihood of the labour government returning to power with the same policies, has increased - this actually illustrates a useful tool of manipulation by those in power, that if it's not in the news, then it's not happening .... more so in NZ's case, as the current government has funded media in a very unconstitutional move.

Old 03-05-2023, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

lol. That is so stupid. This silliness is what is important to the dems. Trump said if Biden in office things would be horrible for the country but never did I think it would get this bad and ridiculous. I'm left each and every day shaking my head at the things they create and how they think. It's like when Biden got in office, they all turned crazy. We need normalcy back.

Old 03-05-2023, 06:41 PM

20,881 posts, read 9,579,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

You know why they're doing that? To trigger the conservatives.

And it's working.

Old 03-05-2023, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
If you are tired of hearing about it get off the internet. Its the MAGA people who keep bringing all of this up. I have seen zero threads started by leftists who opine here. Zero. Its all right wingers. I spent the afternoon working on my house and playing with my dog. You know what, none of those subjects came up. Tune out, unplug. Enjoy life. Get some fresh air. Lots to be thankful for.

And nice to throw in voter fraud conspiracy theories. That bit the dust with Fox News finally admitting there was no voter fraud.
If I were a leftist I wouldn't bring it up either. I'd be embarrassed that this is what y'all believe and think. We are just saying how ridiculous y'all are in the things you want and what is important to you.

If those of us on the right thought the world was going to end tomorrow because martians were coming to take us all away in their spaceships, then of course y'all would be starting so many threads about how crazy we are. lol

So of course we see y'all as crazy and start threads. How about come back down to earth and talk about the economy, crime and things that are important to all of us. We don't need to discuss drag queens and transgenders and racism and division. Let's change the subject toward something good for all of us.

Old 03-05-2023, 06:45 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,975,417 times
Quote:
So true. It's getting so old. Each and every day you listen to the news and it's all about the things I listed. Nothing at all about the great things this administration is doing...NOTHING!
I hear lots of things on the news about what the current admin is doing. Maybe you should change up the news sources you read or listen to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies