Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 12:48 PM

17,728 posts, read 13,538,920 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/media/profes...n-racial-issue

Quote:
"Colorism" as described by the Merriam-Webster dictionary is the "prejudice or discrimination especially within a racial or ethnic group favoring people with lighter skin over those with darker skin." Abad, however, suggested that this racialized hierarchy applies to a wide range of experiences including sight, touch, sound, smell, and taste.

She went on to claim that "specific food and specific aromas" are racialized, claiming even that different perfumes have racial connotations, "all of these smells hint at otherness or assimilation in ways that complement a colorist aesthetic that lends us and prompts us to lean closer to whiteness," citing "how we eat our chicken" and "the level of salt in our food" as examples.

Later, Abad claimed that "tanning" is "sexualized in a certain way," recounting that her students had discussed pop star Ariana Grande "performing in brownface in terms of her aesthetic, which she can as an Italian-American."

Total unadulterated bull crap!!

I eat food from almost every ethic group and race. Am I a racist? Absolutely not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2023, 01:02 PM

52,419 posts, read 52,951,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

I eat food from almost every ethnic group and race. Am I a racist? Absolutely not!
So much of this bizarre, and frankly over-thinking of things comes out of Academia and various left leaning funded think tanks.

These people have nothing to do of substance than to sit around and figure out ways to make things racist or colorist and other such nonsense.

Old 03-09-2023, 01:09 PM

15,122 posts, read 8,703,230 times
Quote:

I eat food from almost every ethic group and race. Am I a racist? Absolutely not!
What do you expect from the crowd of anti-intellectual intelligentsia who can’t figure out what a woman is, or why men cannot get pregnant?

It’s just one more piece to add to the mountain of evidence already collected, proving that progressive liberalism is just the consequence of progressive mental illness.

But your protest does show signs of micro-aggression, and denial of your own unrecognized racism that unconsciously motivates your culinary decisions!

By the way, you said, “almost every ethnic group”? Which groups has your racist palette deliberately excluded, hmm? LOL

Old 03-09-2023, 01:16 PM

14,683 posts, read 12,349,346 times
I have never understood the defensiveness by the woke crowd, about ethnic food.

They obviously realize there are restaurants all over town that unapologetically serve all kinds of ethnic food to all kinds of people who enjoy it, so why are we supposed to feel bad about that? Why are foods an insult?

Old 03-09-2023, 01:22 PM

And if you think this new form of “culinary racism” is the only new discovery on the race front, you apparently missed this news ….

White drivers are polluting the air breathed by people of color

https://www.latimes.com/environment/...-boiling-point

Apparently white people don’t breathe air in Los Angeles, California. Who knew?

Old 03-09-2023, 01:28 PM

27,767 posts, read 16,274,557 times
I worked in some north side apts (im not talkin chicago) and let me tell ya there was "certain aromas"

Old 03-09-2023, 01:28 PM

78,912 posts, read 61,095,586 times
She might be onto something there......KFC perfume could be a big seller.

Old 03-09-2023, 01:32 PM

6,625 posts, read 5,037,265 times
Quote:

How does a thing a random professor said becomes national news?

National press around youtube videos, talk about the outrage economy.

Old 03-09-2023, 01:34 PM

24,721 posts, read 17,462,249 times
Talk about First world problems. These people have way too much time on their hands.

I guess in the eyes of these types I would be guilty of Cultural Appropriation considering that I have a roasted chicken in the fridge and a watermelon on the counter?

Old 03-09-2023, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I have never understood the defensiveness by the woke crowd, about ethnic food.

They obviously realize there are restaurants all over town that unapologetically serve all kinds of ethnic food to all kinds of people who enjoy it, so why are we supposed to feel bad about that? Why are foods an insult?
Methinks you are missing the point …. that old problem of failing to see the forest because of all the trees blocking the view. LOL

It’s not the choice of food, per se, but just another example of the multitude of proofs showing just how deep racism really goes. So deep in fact that you cannot escape it … no matter what you do, what you say, or what you choose to believe true … racism is everywhere, even in places your wildest imagination could ever have anticipated finding it.

That’s the point. If you don’t see racism everywhere, then you just aren’t looking close enough.

But not to worry, we have plenty of leftwing lunatics who are only too happy to point out the ones you fail to notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies