Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 09:53 AM

43,274 posts, read 18,408,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
So what should we do? Kill the rich? That wouldn't accomplish anything. The goal is to redistribute money so that EVERYBODY has some. Not just the rich who are hoarding all the world's wealth. Taking the money that they most likely stole anyway away from them is the best way of doing that. Of course, there's always the option to print more money, but instead of doing that obvious solution, we are always presented with excuses usually from the rich misers, of why that won't work.
ROFLMAO....ok and how much has the USG sent you ?

You think the USG is "taking from the rich to give to the poor"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2023, 10:08 AM

18,471 posts, read 7,113,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdad99 View Post
The top 1% of Americans own as much wealth as the other 90%. That isn’t sustainable.

Wealth isn't something that can be expressed in percentages.

Wealth is not finite..... There is no "X" amount of wealth in the world for anyone to hoard.

Think of it this way:

If I have a job that pays me $20/hr....

That in no way affects your ability to get a job that also pays $20/hr..... Or more.

How much wealth I have had absolutely no bearing on how much wealth you have or don't have.

Old 03-13-2023, 10:16 AM

11,152 posts, read 10,732,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Did you get a benefit from corporations when they rolled back taxes in the 2017 Tax Reform? If not why are you concered.

Taxes need to be raised, there is no way around it. There is no way to balance the budget short of raising taxes. Rather than just saying no, come up with an alternative.
Yes, there is. It's called "stop spending money we don't have."

Old 03-13-2023, 11:14 AM

18,471 posts, read 7,113,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
defend the rich.. one day, you might be one of them

yes, that’s sarcasm.

I'm not "rich" .... But I have more than I did 20-30 years ago..

Why?

I EARNED IT.

And I gained more skills over time that made my services more valuable.

That and living within my means let me be able to afford to take a portion of what I earned and invest it.

That's how you create wealth.

Not whining about how other people have more than you.

Old 03-13-2023, 01:22 PM

754 posts, read 446,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Gimme, gimme, gimme because you think you deserve it.

How about:

Life is a series of dwindling choices. Your goal in life and what they should teach in school is to maximize your choices starting when you are in school. Instead, every wrong choice you make early on gives you less choices later in life and puts you on a road to poverty or barely scraping by.

Don't screw around in school.
Graduate high school.
Don't hang out with losers.
Don't marry a loser.
Don't do drugs.
Don't have a baby out of wedlock.
Don't be a stay at home mother.
Don't spend money you don't have.
If your goal is to be rich, don't pick a stupid major and think you deserve some high paying job.
Stop being a slacker in your 20s and think everyone owes you something.

This isn't everyone, of course. Bad unforeseeable things do happen to people who do everything right but I'll bet that a large percent of people who have to work or struggle when they are retirement age were on the path of dwindling choices and on the road to poverty before they hit 25 years old because of one, some or most of the above.

Will probably take the most heat for the "stay at home mother" one but husbands die and the divorce rate is high. There's nothing more pitiful than a 40 or 50 something year old widow or divorcee with no current marketable job skills or experience but who has to find work at that age...even if they are highly educated.

Rich people don't owe you a dime.

I'm looking at it from the perspective of a disabled person over 50 who can't work. Nothing on your above list applies to me.

Old 03-13-2023, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Conditioned much?

Meaning what?

Old 03-13-2023, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Here's a solution.

I see that Biden is worth 8 figures. He can redistribute HIS OWN MONEY.

If you think money needs redistributing, start with your own.

And since disability forces me to live on SSI, how do you expect me to do that?

Old 03-13-2023, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The goal is to redistribute money so that EVERYBODY has some."

A novel concept but, How about people EARN their money?

"that they most likely stole anyway away"

If you are going to make claim, it is UP TO YOU to back it up.

I smell a heap of jealousy!

No, that's just the rich. They stink.

Old 03-13-2023, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I'm looking at it from the perspective of a disabled person over 50 who can't work. Nothing on your above list applies to me.
so what did you do at 20 and were able bodied ?

Most people today spend their money. They don't invest.
When you have no assets you pretty much have no wealth.

Old 03-13-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
So what should we do? Kill the rich? That wouldn't accomplish anything. The goal is to redistribute money so that EVERYBODY has some. Not just the rich who are hoarding all the world's wealth. Taking the money that they most likely stole anyway away from them is the best way of doing that. Of course, there's always the option to print more money, but instead of doing that obvious solution, we are always presented with excuses usually from the rich misers, of why that won't work.
Most rich people have assets that generate money. They invested their money.

Give people money today they will spend it and be back in the same spot tomorrow...wanting more money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies