Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 06:50 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
And since disability forces me to live on SSI, how do you expect me to do that?
Take it up with your beloved "president", the man behind the bill to tax SSI benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2023, 07:43 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
So what should we do? Kill the rich? That wouldn't accomplish anything. The goal is to redistribute money so that EVERYBODY has some. Not just the rich who are hoarding all the world's wealth. Taking the money that they most likely stole anyway away from them is the best way of doing that. Of course, there's always the option to print more money, but instead of doing that obvious solution, we are always presented with excuses usually from the rich misers, of why that won't work.
Wow- spoken as a true, ignorant marxist.

It is stunning that most liberals sincerely believe that everyone who is wealthy became so by "stealing" from lower income individuals.

Such insane notions are the refuge of failures who have not been able to achieve anything by their own merit. Everyone I know who is wealthy achieved that status by hard work, sacrifice, and dedication. This investment for the future happened while those who are not successful partied and failed to plan.

Old 03-13-2023, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I'm looking at it from the perspective of a disabled person over 50 who can't work. Nothing on your above list applies to me.
Oh BS-

Most of those I have encountered who are "disabled" are obese people who have also drank and smoked too much.

Your anger against "the rich" is simply because you have failed in life due to poor effort, low education levels, and poor discipline.

Old 03-13-2023, 08:15 PM

18,052 posts, read 15,639,191 times
The tax cuts enacted Dec 2017 are expiring after 2025 for individuals. The cuts for corporations were intended to be permanent.

Old 03-14-2023, 06:55 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
If the goal is you want people working being responsible for their own lives and able to afford the basics of daily living (food shelter utilities healthcare transportation) then you need lots of jobs.

Fact: we have a consumer based economy. Most businesses need a certain volume of consumers in order to justify an employee. This should be very simple.

Fact: people with no money to spend will not be consumers.

Fact: A wealthy person with billions will not keep most businesses afloat, will they really buy that many cars? Pieces of furniture? Groceries?

Fact: most wealthy people do not spend, they save or invest and right now investing is just a lot of gimmicks like stock buybacks. This can be exemplified by the decline in monetary velocity https://www.thebalancemoney.com/velo...ocity-of-money

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...-fed-data.html

The solution? Stop the money/resource hoarders.

The only feasible way is high marginal taxes on incomes over a certain amount and high taxes on secondary properties.

That is only if you really want people going out there and working and taking ownership of their lives.
Their wealth is in the bank and invested by others to provide capital to create/sustain other businesses. It is not stuffed under a mattress or held as gold bars in a vault like Scrooge McDuck.

Old 03-14-2023, 06:57 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
I'm looking at it from the perspective of a disabled person over 50 who can't work. Nothing on your above list applies to me.
If you can spend the day commenting on this forum, you can work. You obviously speak English and have computer skills.

Old 03-14-2023, 07:37 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Yes, there is. It's called "stop spending money we don't have."
You will not be able to balance the budget on cuts alone, if they don't like Biden's proposal the come up with another plan based on cuts alone.

Old 03-14-2023, 08:19 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You will not be able to balance the budget on cuts alone, if they don't like Biden's proposal the come up with another plan based on cuts alone.
It's on Biden to come up with the proposals. His proposal is completely unacceptable. Come back with a number below $2.0 trillion. Next.

I'll make an exception due to the high interest rates.

$800B defense
$500B non-defense excluding transfer payments
$1T debt service

Total: $2.3 trillion
Plus Mandatory Surplus of 10%: $230 Billion

Tax revenue $2.53 trillion (50% cut across all brackets).

Everything else goes.

Last edited by albert648; 03-14-2023 at 08:46 AM..

Old 03-14-2023, 08:28 AM

6,646 posts, read 2,956,027 times
I hate that argument, "hoarding all the wealth".

Like sorry, we can't pay you your wage this week because that dude over there is hoarding all the money. We jus don't have any to pay you with.

Ya'll just have to take this 20 dollar bill and pass it around.

Old 03-14-2023, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I hate that argument, "hoarding all the wealth".

Like sorry, we can't pay you your wage this week because that dude over there is hoarding all the money. We jus don't have any to pay you with.

Ya'll just have to take this 20 dollar bill and pass it around.

It is the liberal nonsense that life (and the economy) is a "zero sum game", which is outrageous.

Failures in life will always try to rationalize their lack of success by blaming someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies