Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 11:12 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Tell that to the guy who'd lost his job because he didn't do what they'd tried to force him to do.
He based it on his religion. So what religion was that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2023, 11:15 PM

23,593 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He based it on his religion. So what religion was that.
Who knows.

Why isn't LGBTQ, and those who stump for them, as accepting as they claim they are?

Old 03-16-2023, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Who knows.

Why isn't LGBTQ, and those who stump for them, as accepting as they claim they are?
The fact is, he based this on his religion which no one seems to know what religion he’s talking about. Don’t blame religion for your actions which he’s doing.

Old 03-16-2023, 11:21 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
I'm glad i retired before companies could fire you for not going to LGBTQIA+TSFury indoctrination camp.

Old 03-16-2023, 11:31 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm glad i retired before companies could fire you for not going to LGBTQIA+TSFury indoctrination camp.
The folks that say they just want to be treated normal requiring even more attention

The idea of going to such training is as ridiculous as it is hilarious.

Old 03-16-2023, 11:32 PM

23,593 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
The fact is, he based this on his religion which no one seems to know what religion he’s talking about.
No one? Proof?

Quote:
Don’t blame religion for your actions which he’s doing.

who said he was "blaming" religion? You seem prejudiced against religious people. Was it because you'd been forced to go to sermons and Catholic school? Hmm, if so then you'd be admitting that forcing people to believe in something actually has the opposite effect. Maybe learn from that.

Old 03-16-2023, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Companies can fire you for any reason they want. And they don’t even have to give you a reason

Old 03-17-2023, 02:14 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Companies can fire you for any reason they want. And they don’t even have to give you a reason
In this case, we're talking about the government, which does have to abide by more rules generally than the private sector does.

That said, assuming this training was about treating LGBT people with respect and working in diverse work environments, I have no problem with the firing. A business--to include government businesses--have rights to mandate training on expected behavior and culture in the workplace. You can block out the training if you want/refuse to listen to it, but I don't see how you as an employee can simply refuse to attend mandatory trainings and not expect to face repercussions. Nobody is telling you to change your religious beliefs. What's it going to be next? Teachers like the one in the OP refusing to teach openly LGBT students because of their religious beliefs? They can do so, but don't expect favorable treatment if you do.

Old 03-17-2023, 02:58 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Simple. If you are "forced" to take this "training", just sit in the back of the room with other like minded individuals, where the presenter won't notice the smirks, snickers, rude under-the-breath comments, and eye rolls. Then meet at happy hour after work to make fun of...errr, I mean "discuss" what you've learned!

Old 03-17-2023, 05:16 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Simple. If you are "forced" to take this "training", just sit in the back of the room with other like minded individuals, where the presenter won't notice the smirks, snickers, rude under-the-breath comments, and eye rolls. Then meet at happy hour after work to make fun of...errr, I mean "discuss" what you've learned!
Fart loudly, excuse yourself, come back just before the session is over so you can sign the attendance sheet. Nobody will ask questions because nobody wants to hear your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies