Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 07:26 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,479,725 times

Advertisements

I think the GOP tearing itself apart to decide who gets to lose to Biden/mail in voting/ballot harvesting/boxes of ballots found under tables at 1am is a stupid idea, and the democrats love to see it. If Trump wants the nomination just let him have it. He's already lost to the puppet Biden once, he can handle losing again.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:00 AM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6PVKyDc-8M

Old 06-02-2023, 08:04 AM

6,812 posts, read 9,365,924 times
Nope, didn’t know about it.

But then again, contrary to popular City-Data Democrat belief, not everyone with conservative political views watches Fox News.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:08 AM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post

But then again, contrary to popular City-Data Democrat belief, not everyone with conservative political views watches Fox News.
They assume you get 'programmed' as they do.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:17 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:

Many MAGA are not true conservatives. Especially those Qanon people and the addicts of Fox. They are confused individuals who are easily mislead, many of whom do not understand fiscal conservatism and wouldn't agree with it if they understood it, they are fighting culture wars exclusively.

If you are a true conservative, you will not need to watch any cable news service at all.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:19 AM

4,552 posts, read 2,275,418 times
Quote:

Exactly. I have not watched Fox News in years so I too did not know about it. But even if I did, I would not have turned it on.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:23 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,752,656 times
Quote:
not everyone with conservative political views watches Fox News.
What news do you watch? I'm looking for a different outlet myself.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:42 AM

6,812 posts, read 9,365,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
What news do you watch? I'm looking for a different outlet myself.
I don’t watch any cable news. I recently ended my Cable TV service. If I really wanted to, I’m sure I could stream cable news, but I’m not interested.

I read my news instead. I look at local sources for local news, AP/Reuters (usually through an aggregator) to see what the MSM is up to, and I read conservative sources of news as well, while taking into account all of the above sources have their agendas. Sometimes I’ll use the Yahoo homepage to see what they are featuring as news, but it’s usually nonsense like HuffPost.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:52 AM

336 posts, read 182,480 times
I thought the bit of him explaining supply side economics' multiplying effect, as one aspect of growth leads to other aspects of growth, and the individual’s growth at the microeconomic level would aggregate to form overall growth at the macroeconomic level displayed a deep understanding of business and economy type stuff.

Old 06-02-2023, 09:15 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Ford View Post
I thought the bit of him explaining supply side economics' multiplying effect, as one aspect of growth leads to other aspects of growth, and the individual’s growth at the microeconomic level would aggregate to form overall growth at the macroeconomic level displayed a deep understanding of business and economy type stuff.
Supply side economics (also called "trickle down") is a myth. It has the status of a religion, not based on reality but more like wishful thinking. Typically used as an excuse to give tax breaks to the wealthy, historically the policy does not work very well for it's intended purpose, but it widens the wealth and income gaps.

It's the "build it and they will come" philosophy. That has been the recipe for many spectacular business failures, so giving more money (via tax breaks) to the investors who already have money just incentivizes hoarding and stock buy backs. They will take the tax break but will not simply build factories and shopping centers without being absolutely sure there is a need for them.

The real driver of economic growth is demand. Find where the demand is and chase it.

The best way to pick up an economy is to find ways to increase demand. Put money in the pockets of people who need it and they will immediately spend it and recirculate the money in the economy.

This is why labor unions are so good for the economy. When working people have more money, the economy booms. When the poor are given assistance the economy picks up immediately in a 1 - 1 ratio.

This is directly opposite to supply side economics, which benefits the rich first and the distribution beyond that is controlled by a few self-interested wealthy individuals. Given the choice between building a factory building which may never have a machine installed or buying a yacht, they buy the yacht and order finished goods to sell from China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies