Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 10:07 AM

10,090 posts, read 7,763,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
I'm out of touch? Gee, I still manage to maintain a lovely home in one of the most expensive states in the US. Put food on the table for a family of 4 and take the time to respond to gibberish comments on this forum.

I'd say I am doing ok.

I'm sorry you are not rich and out of touch with reality. But since every time you post the sky is usually falling in your world, I am not surprised you would think everyone else with a positive attitude is out of touch.
Good that you are doing fine but have no compassion for high crimes and all the deaths from that. You have no compassion for the high amnt of deaths of the illegals dying trying to get in crammed into trucks and small cars. No compassion for Americams dying in grave numbers from fentanyl...but as long as you are rich and ok, who cares about your fellow Americans and the deaths from illegals trying to get to us and all the rapes going on. You don't seem to have compassion for others. People are having a hard time with inflation, but as long as you are ok, who cares about others. When you don't care about others, it's easy to be fine. You do you. You are a true leftist...only care about the destruction and none for those that are suffering.

Old 04-05-2023, 10:12 AM

4,545 posts, read 2,269,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
It's kind of hopeless, look at tonight's Chicago mayor election and Wisconsin's Supreme Court Election

The youth have no allegiance to this country, and white women are hysterically voting against the slighest hint of abortion restriction.

I fear that 2024 is indeed the last presidential election. Without a political path to justice, there can only be violence

I feel that 2020 was actually the last one. The cheating created a distrust in the election integrity. The right is attacked endlessly by dem politicians, the alphabet agencies and the lapdog media. They lie to the public and the low info public just parrots back the lies. I don’t feel that there will ever be another conservative/libertarian president. It’s over. It was over in January 2021.

Old 04-05-2023, 10:13 AM

25,725 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdad99 View Post
You quoted one part of my post and compared it to Nazi Germany. Wow!
That is because your words are reminiscent of the words spoken by some in Germany at that time. Of course, we all know how that turned out.

Old 04-05-2023, 10:22 AM

10,848 posts, read 4,529,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Let's see...what is happening now?

Unemployment is at record low levels. If that continues for 5 years it will be nice.

Inflation is a bit high, but starting to come down. So if that trend continues for 5 years, we should be fine.

The Federal debt is high and getting higher. Neither party has any ideas of how to stop it, so I expect that to be worse in 5 years.

Climate change is accelerating, and we don't seem to have the resolve to stop it. So we'll have a warmer earth in 5 years, but I'm not one that thinks that's all bad.

As we continue to expand alternative energy sources, the importance of oil and gas will continue to diminish, and places like Russia and Saudi Arabia won't be able to influence our foreign policy as much.

So a mixed bag, but overall we'll be fine in 5 years. Contrary to others' opinions, whoever wins the Presidency in 2024 won't have much effect on our situation in 2028. No single individual has that much effect on the state of the union.

and I submit this as evidence just how far worse than we anticipate it will be. cuz this shows the general populace will be unable to improvise, adapt or overcome

Old 04-05-2023, 10:46 AM

25,725 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I feel that 2020 was actually the last one. The cheating created a distrust in the election integrity. The right is attacked endlessly by dem politicians, the alphabet agencies and the lapdog media. They lie to the public and the low info public just parrots back the lies. I don’t feel that there will ever be another conservative/libertarian president. It’s over. It was over in January 2021.
Yeah. It's over at the federal level, in my opinion. It's now all about the states and how long they (the ones that wish to) can hold out against fed tyranny. Since none of them have the balls to shoot for a convention of states... it's only a matter of time before we are totally shot. Right now we are about 75% shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
and I submit this as evidence just how far worse than we anticipate it will be. cuz this shows the general populace will be unable to improvise, adapt or overcome
Normalcy bias is a horrible thing and we are about 99% infected as a society.

Last edited by ChrisC; 04-05-2023 at 10:59 AM..

Old 04-05-2023, 10:57 AM

11,097 posts, read 7,154,662 times
Outlook of the future for the Chicken Little drama kings / conspiracy nuts: The Earth will be ablaze.

Outlook of the future for the rest / the sane: It will be much the same as now.

Old 04-05-2023, 11:01 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
In 5 years we will all be living in a utopia. People will be able to use whatever bathroom they choose, men can compete against women, college will be free to everyone, and UBI will guarantee everyone can make a decent living.
This post is an example of Parody Inversion point, where it is impossible to tell if someone is joking about a subject, since reality is just as insane as the jokes we used to make about things.

I would link to the Dilbert comic about this, but the woke mob canceled it for pointing out the truth about the woke cancel culture. A move that is worthy of Parody Inversion, itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
You can afford a computer and an internet connection, plus you have free time to post on this forum every day. Seems like you are surviving.
I will survive, just fine, for as long as God sees fit to keep me here. He told me, last night, by not taking me home, that He still has something for me to do here.

Others will not fare so well, because they listen to the likes of you, rather than to sound council.

Old 04-05-2023, 11:12 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
A council is a meeting for discussion or advice, but to counsel is a verb meaning to give advice. They sound exactly the same, but the language council met and decided to counsel you on how to keep them straight.

Old 04-05-2023, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdad99 View Post
You quoted one part of my post and compared it to Nazi Germany. Wow!
It was an appropriate comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah. It's over at the federal level, in my opinion. It's now all about the states and how long they (the ones that wish to) can hold out against fed tyranny. Since none of them have the balls to shoot for a convention of states... it's only a matter of time before we are totally shot. Right now we are about 75% shot.
A Convention of States will not fix the problem. The Constitution is fine, except for a few of the later Amendments. The problem is that those in Wokistan will not abide by it. Even if we could find something that needs to be fixed, the Leftist Insurgents would wrest control of the Convention from the Patriots, in the same way they have done so in our Federal Government.

Adams warned us, from the beginning:
Quote:
John Adams said "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.
It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
The only moral foundation for the US is the Bible, and the US began going into apostasy around the 1890's. Today, there are places in the U.S. where the people and the government have both become so depraved that the Constitution is "wholly inadequate" for governance. These are places where both the people of the cities and their governments are so corrupt that a symbiotic relationship of corrupt tyranny and moral depravity is the best that can be hoped for until the return of our Christ.

Old 04-05-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
A council is a meeting for discussion or advice, but to counsel is a verb meaning to give advice. They sound exactly the same, but the language council met and decided to counsel you on how to keep them straight.
Thank you. I actually learned something today.
(English grammar is a weak spot in my education)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies