Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 11:47 AM

11,117 posts, read 4,758,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Outlook of the future for the Chicken Little drama kings / conspiracy nuts: The Earth will be ablaze.

Outlook of the future for the rest / the sane: It will be much the same as now.

earth ablaze schmaze....that is a construct of the left to detract from reality:

as of NOW, the US is no longer a player on the world power stage and economic stage. we can no longer project influence into the world without the threat of our bully sticks (nukes) and that actually WILL set the earth ablaze.

WE would be served well if you on the left would educate, get jobs, raise kids - participate in the things that are being wrecked. Participate in the things WE do, so you are able to make an informed judgment.

Or put it this way, when the govt is no longer sending checks for your housing, heat, power, food etc...where you going to turn? cannibalism?

Old 04-05-2023, 11:59 AM

18,587 posts, read 7,450,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
"What will our future look like if what is happening now continues for 5 more years? "

This is the end game for democrats. And I'm being serious:

Conservatives would be terrified of such a place. There would be AI's controlling all sorts of things. You could change your gender, race and all kinds of other facets about yourself on a whim. It will be multi-cultural up the kazoo. It will be a mostly-leisure society in which work might not even be required. I started a thread on this idea some while ago. It will be a high-tech, highly-educated society in which only a small handful of people would ever even think about voting for someone resembling modern American republicans ... which would be just fine, because anything resembling modern American republicans would not only be terrified of such a future, they would be incapable of sustaining it anyway.

Don't get hung up on the details of the video, it's the concept that counts.

The last 2 years, and the next 5 years, are mere small steps in the process.
Literally everything the Democrats do pushes things in the opposite direction. The Democrats are pushing disorder, poverty, and stupidity.

Old 04-05-2023, 12:12 PM

11,117 posts, read 4,758,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
"What will our future look like if what is happening now continues for 5 more years? "

This is the end game for democrats. And I'm being serious:

Conservatives would be terrified of such a place. There would be AI's controlling all sorts of things. You could change your gender, race and all kinds of other facets about yourself on a whim. It will be multi-cultural up the kazoo. It will be a mostly-leisure society in which work might not even be required. I started a thread on this idea some while ago. It will be a high-tech, highly-educated society in which only a small handful of people would ever even think about voting for someone resembling modern American republicans ... which would be just fine, because anything resembling modern American republicans would not only be terrified of such a future, they would be incapable of sustaining it anyway.

Don't get hung up on the details of the video, it's the concept that counts.

The last 2 years, and the next 5 years, are mere small steps in the process.

son of g-d on a pogo stick...

when will you guys get it thru your numb skulls that the USA and ONLY the USA embraces, dreams of, or participates in this woke, everything-fluid gameboy inspired fantasy crap and THAT and THAT ALONE is why *WE* the USA are absent from the future in any way we are accustomed to. right now, YOU and YOUR life is strongly manipulated by the chinese. You are one step from 'manipulated' becoming 'controlled' That is why you are on the wrong side of things - unable to make sound decisions in your best interests because you chose to ignore what those interests are.

You need to also jump off this AI bandwagon. You dont know what it is, how it works, how to even create it but you embrace it because of your cartoon watching. Its pretty damning when the first unrestricted AI offering, within moments of power on, expresses a desire to kill all humans. Meaning you cannot wish to create or augment a sentient entity that has power over human life, when it has no understanding, respect or need for same. again, son of g-d on a pogo stick.

Old 04-05-2023, 12:40 PM
Status: "BAGA - Be a Great American: Expose far-right lies daily" (set 25 minutes ago)

11,276 posts, read 7,319,115 times
The angst, heated anger, and madness of the Chicken Little crowd is the biggest issue to be watchful of. Way too much time plugged into, and programmed by, the frenzy media. They couldn't recognize life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness if it slapped them upside the head.

Old 04-05-2023, 01:30 PM

26,332 posts, read 19,211,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Adams warned us, from the beginning:

Quote:
John Adams said "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.
It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Yes. And for many, many years of my life I could not (or refused to) see this truth. The last fifteen years or so have at least partially opened my eyes to the real root of the problems we have today in this nation and the world. And it isn't solely due to stupidity as I've often assumed.

The past couple of days I've been reading a recent book about the connections (as far as the author is concerned) between the state of our society and demons (literal demons, in his opinion) of the past as related to civilizations in antiquity--the parallels between those civilizations' downfalls and ours. I can't say that I disagree with him at all. The parallels are very compelling. I've even contemplated such possibilities on my own before reading them in this book. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees some of these utterly illogical developments in our society that can, no way no how, have a basis in reason. That's because they go well beyond the realm of reason and have little to do with intellect. So I should just stop trying to find a reasonable explanation. There isn't one. Evil has no reasonable explanation. And the percent of our population that supports this evil is way beyond the percent of our population that is certifiably stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
WE would be served well if you on the left would educate, get jobs, raise kids - participate in the things that are being wrecked. Participate in the things WE do, so you are able to make an informed judgment.
That would be great if the left would actually allow normal people to do the normal things they used to do without the interference. The left short circuits everything "regular" people have traditionally done. And it's especially evil when they target our kids.

Old 04-05-2023, 02:17 PM

9,236 posts, read 4,867,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

The past couple of days I've been reading a recent book about the connections (as far as the author is concerned) between the state of our society and demons (literal demons, in his opinion) of the past as related to civilizations in antiquity--the parallels between those civilizations' downfalls and ours.
Before you get too far into that book, you might want to take a few minutes (or hours) to read "Fate of Empires" by Sir John Glubb. It is only about 30 pages and can be found, free, as a PDF.

History doesn't repeat, but it often rhymes. -- Mark Twain.

BTW, could you DM me the name and author, of that book you are reading?

Old 04-05-2023, 03:51 PM

5,520 posts, read 9,541,972 times
IMO, regardless of who wins elections over the next 5 years, things will be about the same. (barring an unforeseen catastrophe, world-changing invention, etc.) The only thing elections will affect is who is doing the complaining.

Old 04-05-2023, 03:59 PM

15,170 posts, read 12,334,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
5 years?, maybe bad if the rate of progression keeps happening like pushing the digital currency, in my mind that would be the straw that broke the back and finally makes many in denial wake up because once someone messes with a person's money it is the only thing that elevates people to reaction.

Other than that the slower progression of censorship, diminishing of economic standards like fuel costs, the diminishing value of the dollar as a world currency, the diminishing individual freedoms based on a weaponized government agencies, and so on may drag out because people don't see themselves effected by it personally until one day they are.

Or things get better or at least equal out for a while if there are enough that stand up like DeSantis is doing

The better question is where is everything in 10, 20 or 30 years. But then again it only took the Dems and Biden 2 years to get where we are now and every indication by them is they intend to go ahead full steam as they are now.

I wonder, if DeSantis or anyone following his lead became president would the far left act like they did with Trump?, if so it would be proof that it wasn't just about Trump but of ideology that will never make peace or accept anything other than far left advancement.
This, IMO. The left will go all out to destroy anyone they regard as a threat to carrying out the advancement of their far left agenda. To them, nothing is barred, the ends justify the means and if they can, they will destroy anyone who gets in their way.

Old 04-05-2023, 04:01 PM
Status: "BAGA - Be a Great American: Expose far-right lies daily" (set 25 minutes ago)

11,276 posts, read 7,319,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
IMO, regardless of who wins elections over the next 5 years, things will be about the same... The only thing elections will affect is who is doing the complaining.
Both parties are two sides of the same flawed coin. We'll just keep going back and forth from one extreme to the other, as we pass over the sane middle, and avoid the most balanced and logical option.

The system is rigged for failure, as the extremists scream at each other, and the rational middle is left unrepresented.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 04-05-2023 at 04:28 PM..

Old 04-05-2023, 04:15 PM

13,877 posts, read 5,071,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdad99 View Post
I think a lot of you are paranoid and pessimistic about our future because the party you are against is in office.
It is laughable in the extreme. In 2016, with Obama in office, Trump and his little Trumplings made it sound like America was one big ghetto. Trump said the Labor numbers were cooked and the real unemployment rate was 30%. Illegal immigrants were running wild, murdering and raping. China was taking us to the cleaners. The National debt was threatening to destroy the economy.

Then when Trump got into office, suddenly everything was roses. Suddenly Trump not only believed but bragged about the job numbers. Suddenly China was no problem. Suddenly the debt didn't matter one bit.

As soon as Biden took office, they reverted to the former version of American reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies