Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2023, 12:31 PM

10,063 posts, read 14,434,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
So what beer are the AB boycotters going to flock too?
I've seen some memes and TikTok clips that boycotters are embracing Coors Light now.

But Coors Light is a big sponsor LGBTQ+ pride week, and in general, advertise heavily to this market:

https://www.newsweek.com/half-americ...rships-1793173

It's smart business. LGBTQ+ has a ton of spending money (in general) and a ton of influence, as well.

Why a business would want to cut out a whole demographic due to bigotry, well that's just really bad business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2023, 12:36 PM

17,791 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Conservatives need to do better, agreed. We need to act like the progressives and actively work to destroy (cancel) companies or people we disagree with.
Yeah right.

https://www.salon.com/2021/05/26/rig...-keep-failing/

Old 04-09-2023, 12:40 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

The source is questionable, but I agree. Conservatives need to do better. My family is doing our share by no longer planning Disney trips but we need to unite.

Old 04-09-2023, 12:50 PM

18,439 posts, read 8,268,923 times
...no one was "cut out" before

Old 04-09-2023, 02:02 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's like most things in marketing, They don't care what older consumers want, it's about youth, and in this generation, transgender is not a controversial issue and plays well among them. They'd probably tell the people here complaining to go get a Pabst Blue Ribbon or a Schlitz.
It shouldn't be for religious reasons (we aren't a theocracy), but it should be an important issue to competitive athletes and to people who have an under 18 daughter in public school who has gym class. Perhaps there aren't enough young people who are athletic. The percentage who aren't eligible for the military re weight........

Old 04-09-2023, 02:11 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Coca Cola and Budweiser are not going broke, don’t like their messaging then switch brands. Comanpies fail because of poor management, the woke excuses are tiresome and the term woke is tiresome.

Old 04-09-2023, 02:18 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
They’ve been having their way with our rights, our businesses and now the children, so spare us your indignation and insinuations of bigotry
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Your right to what? Treat them like dirt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Hahaha nice try. Now move along
Yeah, I'd like to know as well. How about it, Frank - what rights?

Old 04-09-2023, 02:38 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
I think the “anti-woke” crowd overestimates their actual numbers vs. those who are indifferent to these issues and those who are advocates/allies. They honestly seem to think they are in the majority.

Old 04-09-2023, 03:39 PM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It shouldn't be for religious reasons (we aren't a theocracy), but it should be an important issue to competitive athletes and to people who have an under 18 daughter in public school who has gym class. Perhaps there aren't enough young people who are athletic. The percentage who aren't eligible for the military re weight........

I agree with you on the sports thing. But it seems to trigger the Right when any company even uses a transgender person in an ad. Look at the thread here about Bud Light. That is not an athlete they used, so why all the hate and declarations of "I'll never buy their beer again!" being poured onto them? Kid Rock made a video of himself shooting Bud Light cans. Are you holding all trans people responsible for the athletes that want to play girls sports, or the politicians who want to let them? They're not all of one mind, in fact Caitlyn Jenner is very against trans in athletics.

It seems the Right is blaming every trans person for everything related to being trans that they don't agree with. There are a lot of trans people who just want to live their lives under the radar and in peace. They aren't all activists, nor do they all wear feathers and garish makeup and glttery clothes and dance and sing.

Old 04-09-2023, 03:49 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
My co-worker buddy will no longer drink bud light and said their parents poured out their beer onto their lawn. First of all, you already bought the beer so what good does that do? Second of all, you still drink busch light which has the same parent company. When I argued with him over this he just got mad and walked off. When it comes to people skills, it really doesn't pay to confront people on their ignorance. It just mades them mad. I know this, but it's a tough habit to break.

I prefer blunt honesty. If I lose a friend, so be it. I'm not going to tell you want you want to hear so you can wallow in your ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies