Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2023, 10:29 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,289,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Answer my question first (I bolded it to make it easier for you), then I'll answer yours. You just keep changing the subject.
Yes.

Now answer my question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2023, 11:02 PM

32,161 posts, read 15,149,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
I think the “anti-woke” crowd overestimates their actual numbers vs. those who are indifferent to these issues and those who are advocates/allies. They honestly seem to think they are in the majority.
They are the majority though.

Old 04-09-2023, 11:25 PM

3,003 posts, read 3,552,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Lots of celebrities are ditching Anheuser Busch because the beer company’s support to transgender and transitioning kids.

https://www.wilx.com/2023/04/07/trav...ns-influencer/

https://nypost.com/2023/04/06/travis...aney-campaign/

https://www.aol.com/news/why-kid-roc...oc_TjB8xEiSq_1
I could care less what a celebrity does. It doesn't seem like the company thought this through about who exactly their customers are. I haven't consumed Budweiser or Bud Light products in many years.

Old 04-10-2023, 12:02 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,147,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They are the majority though.
Not even close.
I think a majority would rather be non-participants in a stupid culture war.

Old 04-10-2023, 12:31 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,648,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naniboujou View Post
Kid Rock? Seriously?

He was irrelevant even at the height of his career.
Somebody doesn't know what the term Celebrity is because he is not!

Old 04-10-2023, 03:04 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,312,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There are about 500 different beers other than bud.
Am sure there are. But do you stop drinking bud the brand, or any AB owned product? AB does own a large segment of the beer industry. How about Molson/Coors that also owns Miller that has been trans friendly and have sponsored events like "The Folsom Street Fair".

Old 04-10-2023, 05:12 AM

89,322 posts, read 45,057,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I'm amazed at it all.....

if this were black face...the libs would all be raising hell about it

and it's not one little bit different than black face
Exactly. Dylan Mulvaney's female caricature performance is the equivalent of Amos 'n' Andy (look it up), which was canceled because it was two white actors denigrating Blacks by acting out insulting caricatures of them.

If it's wrong to do that to Blacks, why isn't it wrong to do the exact same thing to women?

Old 04-10-2023, 05:18 AM

1,707 posts, read 640,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
When you know someone perceives themselves as a woman, why would you refer to them as a man? What is the cost to you for calling them "her"? What is the benefit to you for calling them "him"?
I am not inside anyone's brain and have no idea what they perceive themselves as. For all I know, they could just like pretending to be a woman, without actually thinking that they are a woman. The only thing I can go by is what I see, and if I see a man then I address said person as a man. It is not the worlds job to play along with their mental issues.

Old 04-10-2023, 05:45 AM

6,593 posts, read 7,205,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Try not to lose any sleep over this. So, if they drive a few people toward more craft beer, so what. AB also owns distributers. This doesn't matter and adds up to less than a bucket of spit -- which by the way, brings us back to Bud Light. Another manipulated fake controversy. AB/InBev holds 1/3 of the global market.
I was told by someone who seems to know the industry that they are buying up all the land where vital crops are grown in producing beer. So when you start your craft beer facility and need larger quantities of hops, malt, and yeast to meet demand. Ahhh I gotta buy from AB/InBev and they might not sell to me…

Old 04-10-2023, 06:16 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,263,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naniboujou View Post
Kid Rock? Seriously?

He was irrelevant even at the height of his career.
Exactly...and who the hell is Travis Tritt? I couldn't pick him out of a lineup...couldn't name one song of his...pretty irrelevant country singer like every other one of them

BTW, they can try and say they are going to get rid of Bud Light from their tours, but the venues determine what products they sell based on contracts they sign w/ local distributers...the touring artists have ZERO say in what the Arena or Amphitheatre sells..

Also, does one not understand that for Kid Rock to shoot at cans of Bud Light, he would have to "Buy" them? BTW, some one w/ his means probably never drinks crap like Bud Light anyways...probably drinks Bourbon or other whiskey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies