Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2023, 08:18 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have probably better than 200 good friends all across the LGBTQ+ spectrum. Thanks for the tutorial. Drag performers, BTW, are not necessarily on the scale.

You’re wrong. Trans folks are not pretending. They are just as real as you are.
Well if you didn't need my "tutorial," why would you post the picture of whoever it was (Kid Rock?) with a drag queen, as if that were in any way relevant to this thread?

Since this thread is about Bud Light and Dylan Mulvaney's face on the can....
You think Dylan REALLY TRULY believes he is a woman??? You don't think he is either pretending, faking, doing it for money, or is delusional? You think he is as real of a woman as me, your mother, or your sister?? No difference whatsoever?

That is some mighty strong kool-aid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2023, 08:22 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
I think the “anti-woke” crowd overestimates their actual numbers vs. those who are indifferent to these issues and those who are advocates/allies. They honestly seem to think they are in the majority.
As a recently red pilled lifelong Democrat whose had conversations about these topics with other democrats..none woke moderates, teachers, grocery store managers, accountants...I think you have it backwards. On gay marriage all of these people were on board as was I. On trans ideology, BLM, etc..there is a lot of silent push back coming.

Old 04-09-2023, 08:26 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What they know about the Leftist marketing campaigns is that people that lean to the Right generally do not care whose picture is on the side of a beer can but those that lean to the Left in their politics will take to social media and the streets to protest, boycott, ban and cancel a product they do not approve of. They will also put pressure on anyone that dares to still use that product.

The Left is really a big group of Bullies. They control the school yard and if you get in their way they will crush you.

When the Woke wake up about a perceived slight they get to marching in an organized mob and that scares most companies. It is easier and cheaper to upset a few on the Right than to risk the ire of the Woke mob because they will come down on you.

It is really scary.
Ummm…..

Old 04-09-2023, 08:28 PM

50,324 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
So what beer are the AB boycotters going to flock too?
There are about 500 different beers other than bud.

Old 04-09-2023, 08:32 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The message in the video that was posted early in the thread was that getting all butthurt over large company's marketing campaigns is a waste of time. Companies spend millions to analyze their markets, to understand where opportunities exist to grow those markets, and how and where to add new customers.

Groups that have formerly been marginalized happen to present segments for growth and increased product sell. A company like A.B. wants their products to be sold and enjoyed by as many people as possible. Companies have market campaigns for many different segments. GenZ and younger offer growth potential, and what resonates with that generation is not the same as what age 50+ something beer drinkers care about.
It’s actually amazing that it has taken conservatives this long to figure out. Lauren Southern was spouting some opposing stuff a few years ago in regards to this, I’m glad to see that she is more knowledgeable about how these companies market their products and it is really just about maximizing profits.

I still won’t forget her days of pushing white nationalist propaganda though.

Old 04-09-2023, 08:42 PM

37,223 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Well if you didn't need my "tutorial," why would you post the picture of whoever it was (Kid Rock?) with a drag queen, as if that were in any way relevant to this thread?

You think Dylan REALLY TRULY believes he is a woman??? You don't think he is either pretending, faking, doing it for money, or is delusional? You think he is as real of a woman as me, your mother, or your sister?? No difference whatsoever?

Have you ever actually known or intentionally had personal interactions with any trans people? It’s almost a guarantee you know at least one.

Old 04-09-2023, 08:46 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 4 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Somber message, but one we need to hear. The sooner we understand we've already lost our civilization and there's nothing we can do about that now, the sooner we can build something better
"Civilization" to you seems to mean... polished, presentable people as defined by the up-righteous pillars of the community types, who never have anything "weird" about them, and have the airs of kids on an early evening family sitcom from the 1970s or 80s (at latest). They always have "great tastes" in everything and always wanting to get more status (or at least peer glory). In short, it's high school all grown up. In my younger years, I thought adults would have grown past all that, but then I found out later that an amazing number of people never move out of shallowness, pettiness, and judgmentalism.

Old 04-09-2023, 08:51 PM

1,872 posts, read 846,051 times
so question, really i dont know

are tran people gay. i mean do they like gurl or guys, do they dress as woman to date guys or are they straight people that like wearing woman clothers like max klinger

Old 04-09-2023, 09:05 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
As a recently red pilled lifelong Democrat whose had conversations about these topics with other democrats..none woke moderates, teachers, grocery store managers, accountants...I think you have it backwards. On gay marriage all of these people were on board as was I. On trans ideology, BLM, etc..there is a lot of silent push back coming.
We have not seen it so far.

Old 04-09-2023, 10:28 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Have you ever actually known or intentionally had personal interactions with any trans people? It’s almost a guarantee you know at least one.
Answer my question first (I bolded it to make it easier for you), then I'll answer yours. You just keep changing the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies