Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 08:55 AM

36,550 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
of course she lost her job, but she is making more from her guest appearance right now and for the wrong reasons - that I support - she is a hero. snot nosed kids of today...if parents are not gonna beat their bums, someone has to.

She should get royalties off those T-shirts. I'd buy one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2023, 08:56 AM

10,876 posts, read 4,555,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How many teachers have been shot? Do you know any, besides the ones you meet in the media?

My 10th grade biology teacher was burned in the face with a bunsen burner, on purpose, and had to be taken to the hospital.

Additionally, (this was in the 80's) a friend who was a teacher had her nose broken and front teeth knocked out by a student.

Neither of these incidents made the news cycle. And these things happened in "nice" schools, in "nice" areas of town. The stories of teachers being unsafe in difficult schools are more common.

Violent kids harming their teachers is not new. It's true that gunplay didn't happen in schools as often, but violence certainly did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anywhere on the web
77 percent of school staff said student behavior was a top concern for them in 2022, up from 61 percent during the pandemic. 'Educators nationwide agree that student behavioral concerns have gotten even more worrisome since the 2018–2019 school year,' EAB's report said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by also on the web
Even more trouble, the survey noted an increase in threats or violence against teachers. Eleven percent of public schools reported an increase in physical attacks on teachers or staff members influenced by the pandemic, 13% threats to injure a teacher or staff member, and 36% verbal abuse of teachers or staff members

both are from essentially NOW. so anecdotes not needed.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:59 AM

8,773 posts, read 5,068,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
That’s disgusting - let it be your child on that bus. Bet wouldn’t be high 5 in driver.
My child would not be acting like that......and how would you like to be abused at your job like that. This women is trying to keep her eyes on the road, and get the kids to school in one piece.....all for little money, I am sure. The problem is parents do not teach their kids respect any more. It would be nice if there were no drivers to replace this lady......let the parents drive their kids to school, or let them walk.

Old 04-07-2023, 09:02 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,675,356 times
I rode a school bus for 2 years in junior high. Newsflash. Kids have always been like this. If you want better behaved kids, you would have to move to a different country perhaps in Asia.

Old 04-07-2023, 09:03 AM

19,229 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
By comparing the school kids to the angry mobs that have been recently showing up en masse, and shouting down school board members, and refusing to leave the microphone when their time is up?

again . . . whose side are you on?

(Because I'll grant you, that's irritating as hell and disruptive to the administration process, and extremely disrespectful).
Please read post #39 where my response to the poster who was not describing school kids but those who's political views most likely differ from their own.....

Old 04-07-2023, 09:04 AM

19,229 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
She should get royalties off those T-shirts. I'd buy one.
Our drivers would like them too...

Old 04-07-2023, 09:06 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,970,216 times
Seen plenty of vids of students on a bus that were much worse. She had enough, spoke her mind, and resigned. And she’s lucky. Looked to be a bunch of white students on that bus. She didn’t end up physically assaulted and in a hospital.

Last edited by Leona Valley; 04-07-2023 at 09:53 AM..

Old 04-07-2023, 09:11 AM

3,332 posts, read 1,965,464 times
Quote:
Hazmat? For perfume?
You fail to grok the lighter side of my post. But I will bite: There are municipalities in the Bay Area that have banned loud perfumes and colognes in public places due to health concerns. A school bus is enclosed and not easily ventilated.
So there's a more serious, although micro aggressive, answer to the facetiousness of my post.

Old 04-07-2023, 09:17 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Seen plenty of vids of students on a bus that were much worse. She had enough, spoke her mind, and got fired. And she’s lucky. Looked to be a bunch of white students on that bus. She didn’t end up physically assaulted and in a hospital.
She did not get fired, she quit.

Old 04-07-2023, 09:20 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Her crowd funding account is up to 90K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies