Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 05:28 PM

18,740 posts, read 7,637,238 times

Advertisements

The far left had better start calling conservatives "raaacists" in double-quick time. Looks like brown-skinned people aren't the only ones illegally violating our southern border. Before long, they won't be able to say we are racists, bigots or whatever. Then what will they do?

-----------------------------------

https://dailycaller.com/2023/05/22/t...uthern-border/

‘These Numbers Are Staggering’: Chinese Migrants Continue To Surge Across Southern Border

Jennie Taer, Investigative Reporter
May 22, 2023 2:04 PM ET

Border Patrol agents are increasingly seeing Chinese migrants crossing the southern border, according to the latest federal data. Migrants from China pay smugglers sometimes tens of thousands of dollars to go to the U.S., according to Border Patrol sources who spoke with the Daily Caller News Foundation.

“Right now in China there’s extreme pessimism, especially among people in their 20s about the future of their country, so it’s understandable that they’re leaving and they’re trying to get into the United States. And, you know, these are people who are relatively middle class, so it shows you the problems in Chinese society are severe,” China expert Gordon Chang told the DCNF.

Border Patrol encountered 3,182 migrants from China at the U.S.-Mexico border in April alone, according to CBP data.

In total, Border Patrol has encountered 9,711 Chinese migrants at the southern border between October 2022 and April, marking an already roughly 393% increase compared to all of fiscal year 2022.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 05:32 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,237,301 times
Saw a story today on Afghans coming across the border. Walking across and through Mexico.

Looks like we must live in a popular place.

Old 05-23-2023, 05:54 PM

6,716 posts, read 3,007,594 times
Yeah it is a hodge podge of anyone.

I was watching a live Border wall cam streaming on youtube last week and some Vietnamese people walked up to the camera with a sign about getting in.

plus they caught that Afghani on a terrorist watch list recently.

Old 05-23-2023, 05:59 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,807,832 times
There are 3 reasons the Chinese and other illegals try to come here.

1. Their country is not doing well. This should put to rest the idea that China will surpass the USA anytime soon.

2. Sending sleeper agents?

3. The USA makes it too easy for them to come. The Republicans should make this an election issue, but will they do any better? Under Trump, illegals still came by the thousands.

Last edited by davidt1; 05-23-2023 at 06:10 PM..

Old 05-23-2023, 06:12 PM

14,237 posts, read 4,614,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
There are 3 reasons the Chinese and other illegals try to come here.

1. Their country is not doing well. This should put to rest the idea that China will surpass the USA anytime soon.

2. Sending sleeper agents?

3. The USA makes it too easy for them to come. The Republicans should make this an election issue, but will they do any better? Under Trump, illegals still came by the thousands.
I work for CBP under Obama, Trump, and now Biden

One thing I noticed is the illegal aliens are running toward CBP agents/officers now (instead of running away like they used to) when they spotted us at the border.

Old 05-23-2023, 06:40 PM

43,262 posts, read 18,396,803 times
Poor from all over the world are walking across the border and claiming asylum.

Old 05-23-2023, 08:44 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,223,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I work for CBP under Obama, Trump, and now Biden

One thing I noticed is the illegal aliens are running toward CBP agents/officers now (instead of running away like they used to) when they spotted us at the border.
That’s actually a good thing that is taking place now. It’s not good about the surge at the border though.

Old 05-23-2023, 09:19 PM

13,880 posts, read 8,079,329 times
Given the ease in which mass numbers of people are crossing the border...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfMnGvYcpqY

Old 05-23-2023, 09:50 PM

10,250 posts, read 15,965,034 times
I'm Asian American of Chinese and Taiwanese ancestry and I don't care that some of these illegals are the same race as myself. I voted for Trump twice and will vote for him again. I demand that our government secure our border. I want the wall built. I don't think Dreamers should ever get citizenship. I believe in voter ID laws and making sure that illegal aliens aren't even allowed to enroll in any publicly funded colleges and their kids should be banned from attending public schools in general. I would like a wall similar to the Korean DMZ or the Israel-West Bank barrier.

This is NOT about race. This is about the economic and physical security of our nation. I am a proud native born red blooded American and Southerner. There is an American flag and a Confederate flag in any home. There is no Chinese or Taiwanese flag. Regardless of race, I am an AMERICAN first. My national loyalty is the US and my national identity is far more important than anything racial. I'm not the kind of minority that Democrats like.

Old 05-24-2023, 01:53 AM

1,118 posts, read 752,823 times
My wife’s family had their tourist visa rejected. Maybe we can get them to walk across the border through Mexico. Hmmm…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies