Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 03:50 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Maybe you've never been to Oklahoma.

When the principal of an Oklahoma high school says we didn't know that student was male, I believe it.

Because I have been to Oklahoma.

I'm not defending anything. As always, I'm blessed/cursed with the ability to see both sides of an issue.
Considering I have family there, I’ve probably spent more time in Oklahoma than you unless you actually live there. Are you implying that people from Oklahoma can’t spot an Adam’s apple?

Yes, you are defending the school as well as defending the idea that males should be allowed in spaces that should be for women only. Hence why you claimed that the school isn’t at fault.

Care to address the part where the male student made previous threats yet was still allowed access to his victim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2023, 03:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Considering I have family there, I’ve probably spent more time in Oklahoma than you unless you actually live there. Are you implying that people from Oklahoma can’t spot an Adam’s apple?

Yes, you are defending the school as well as defending the idea that males should be allowed in spaces that should be for women only. Hence why you claimed that the school isn’t at fault.
I'm saying that people in Oklahoma won't abide a male in the girl's bathroom. A poster upthread, that I just saw, said the principal knew before the incident that the student was male. I'd like to know how long she knew that, and whether she had time to make a thoughtful decision.

I'm not defending the thought that a male belongs in the women's room, and I have always been quite vocal about that. Males don't belong in women's only areas, or on women's sports teams.

And I bet you haven't spent more time in Oklahoma than I have.

And if I'm not mistaken, Oklahoma as of just recently has decided to teach evolution. So, progress.

Old 06-01-2023, 03:56 PM

29,824 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
I'm saying that people in Oklahoma won't abide a male in the girl's bathroom. A poster upthread, that I just saw, said the principal knew before the incident that the student was male. I'd like to know how long she knew that, and whether she had time to make a thoughtful decision.

I'm not defending the thought that a male belongs in the women's room, and I have always been quite vocal about that. Males don't belong in women's only areas, or on women's sports teams.

And if I'm not mistaken, Oklahoma as of just recently has decided to teach evolution. So, progress.

If they are going to teach evolution, then they need to warn children that the opposite can happen as well if we are not careful. USA society seems to be devolving. That's the only way I can figure that we allow this sort of madness to go on.

Old 06-01-2023, 04:32 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:

What thoughtful decision needed to be made after the male student threatened someone egregiously enough that the police got involved? The school is 100% at fault for allowing the male student on the premises at all, regardless of what sex either party is. The fact that it’s once again someone from the lgbt+ crowd engaging in violence is just a bonus.

Old 06-01-2023, 07:24 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
This is kind of an unusual case. According to the article, this student was enrolled by his/her mother, and the mother listed the student as "female". And the principal had no cause to disbelieve the child was female.

What are you supposed to do, in that case? I can't see how, if this is all true, the school is at fault.
Don't the schools still require birth certificates to verify anymore?

Note - I checked and a birth certificate is required by schools in OK

Last edited by TMSRetired; 06-01-2023 at 07:37 PM..

Old 06-01-2023, 07:29 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You really will defend any stupidity that comes from the progressives to the death, won’t you? Let’s pretend for a moment that a 17-year-old male dressed in drag can’t be told apart from real girls. How about this part of the story:

So, we have a male student pretending to be a girl - poorly, judging by the violent anger issues, I might add - who previously made threats of such a level that the police were called to search him for weapons. Yet, that male student was allowed unsupervised access to his victim. You don’t see how the school is at fault there? Really? Are school personnel not required to provide a safe environment for children in your world? Are schools just supposed to be free-for-all slugfests where the kids can beat on anyone they want to?
Schools have been a free for all towards some students for decades.

Old 06-01-2023, 08:39 PM

17,803 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:

I'm proud to say that that high school is my alma mater. Beating people up in bathrooms is a proud tradition for us EMHS Bulldogs.

Old 06-01-2023, 09:03 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
This is kind of an unusual case. According to the article, this student was enrolled by his/her mother, and the mother listed the student as "female". And the principal had no cause to disbelieve the child was female.

What are you supposed to do, in that case? I can't see how, if this is all true, the school is at fault.
It’s unusual to not show a birth certificate when you register your child for school.

Old 06-01-2023, 09:20 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Transgender activists hate women. There's really no other conclusion that can be drawn.
Accusations are confessions.

Old 06-01-2023, 09:23 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I'm proud to say that that high school is my alma mater. Beating people up in bathrooms is a proud tradition for us EMHS Bulldogs.
I think we need to take this outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies