Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2023, 08:20 AM

16,331 posts, read 10,458,395 times

Advertisements

Let's say this was another country We saw a riot on their capital to keep their guy who lost in power, we saw this losing candidate using language such as "if you don't fight you won't have a country anymore" and then for 2 1/2 years constantly praising the rioters. This can only mean one thing, that he was the cause and was in full support of that riot. We would think that person is obviously unfit to lead that country. Then we see he had been indicted for several crimes including showing war plans to a giggling journalist and watch in amazement as he somehow becomes even more popular.

Yeah we would laugh at that country and dismiss them as a banana republic. That's how the world sees us today

Old 06-30-2023, 08:23 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,598,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/52179548-post1278.html

You want someone with morals in the Oval Office. That would be great but a person with morals is almost unheard of in DC. Probably the closest you'd ever find was Carter, as far as not cheating on his wife. But it does seem that while he was president he'd bent to the will of the corrupt in his presidential dealings, which is a lack of character in that regard.

Harding, LBJ, FDR, etc., were all cheaters. Even Eleanor walked on the wild side, after she'd learned of FDR's indiscretions. JFK, he made Trump look like a choir boy in that respect. No doubt Bill Clinton was a serial cheater before he'd been elected president. Many of them not only cheated before and/or after being president but they'd also cheated while being president... something that Trump did not seem to do, if he had then we certainly would have heard about it from the D's and their media.

If Trump had been a Democrat politician who'd played by the DC rules, then his philandering would have probably never been known unless it was accidentally discovered. And all of those women who'd suddenly showed up with their years/decades old bogus stories, nah, they wouldn't have had a reason to do that if Trump had been a Democrat team player.
Then write someone in that you admire.

What matters is the morality of one's vote, not the voter's chance of 'being on the winning voting team'.

Old 06-30-2023, 08:24 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,670,746 times
and Trump is still the front runner for the GOP.

This country is crazy.

Old 06-30-2023, 08:24 AM

23,828 posts, read 12,682,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
[/url]
He did the right thing that one time. I forgot about that. See I things as they are and will on occasion say something good about a dem or GOP if warranted. Does not happen often. Lots of things I do like about Trump. And I have listed them many times as opposed to one thing JFK got right. We can do better than occasionally having the POTUS do the right thing and otherwise be a train wreck. We can do better as voters and not settle for the lesser of two evils. Lots of capable people who are not scum.
I also think he'd done a good job in that respect. But your comments in this thread isn't about the job that they'd done, it's about their morals. You want someone with morals, and I say good luck with that in DC. And btw, that doesn't mean I'm good with the loose morals in our leaders, it simply means I'm a realist.

Quote:
Like I said the GOP has changed. No different than the dems on the subject of character or morality. Look there are stories about Biden and a woman who claims he raped her. So its not just Trump. You can't know every single secret about every candidate but when you do know and still vote for them. That is my issue. Like Clinton and Trump. Does the MSM come down harder on those on the right, of course. But there are endless sources of information not controlled by the MSM.
Many of our leaders have loose morals, but you'd have to be blind to not see that the only ones that many on the left get their panties in a wad over is with those on the right, and mainly Trump. You'd also have to be blind to not see that the accusations by those women was nothing but a set up. Their stories didn't carry water and many were debunked by their friends, or by others who were there, or even by their own family members....and at times, even by the comments/actions of the women themselves. Just like with the Kavanaugh accusers, the accusations were made up and done for political purposes.

Quote:
No way today JFK's antics or FDR being handicapped would be a secret. But feel free to play the victim card.
"Secret"? If JFK were in office today and pulling the same "antics" then the left would excuse it away or pretend it's not happening, just like they do with Biden* and had done with Clinton. Are you equating having a president with polio to be the same as having a president with dementia? wut?

Biden* should be removed, just like Reagan should have been removed when it was first discovered that he'd had Alzheimer's. Reagan was also quite the womanizer. JFK probably couldn't hold a candle to Reagan. Reagan had also reportedly turned his back on a woman when he'd found out he'd impregnated her. It doesn't sound like he'd cheated on Nancy, though he may have, but it does sound as if he'd cheated on Wyman. Either way, he was a notorious hound with those loose morals that you are complaining about...and yet, you claimed he was one of your "favorites". It is difficult to take someone seriously when they are demanding some, or one, should be ostracized for loose morals all while excusing others for being the same or worse.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-Monroe.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/59376680-post38.html

Old 06-30-2023, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Then write someone in that you admire.

What matters is the morality of one's vote, not the voter's chance of 'being on the winning voting team'.
Yeah, toss your vote away, eh?
I don't vote for morals, since they are very hard to come by in DC, I vote for policy. The poster I've been talking to seems to want morals over policy. shrug. Perhaps you should have quoted that person to give your little tidbit of advice, lol, to instead of me.

Old 06-30-2023, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
What process did Tump go through to declassify those documents? Thinking about it??
Declassifying them and then giving them to the DOJ to get the paperwork done is just "thinking about it" in your world?

Old 06-30-2023, 08:56 AM

13,247 posts, read 21,862,099 times
Quote:
The president is the one who decides what is Presidential records and what is Personal records.
LOL, in your dreams.
Quote:
Please show where Trump and/or his lawyers confirmed that?
You mean ask his lawyer's, lawyers?

Old 06-30-2023, 09:04 AM

37,157 posts, read 19,268,530 times
Quote:
Declassifying them and then giving them to the DOJ to get the paperwork done is just "thinking about it" in your world?
What does the DOJ have to do with declassifying documents?

Old 06-30-2023, 09:22 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,480,814 times
Quote:
The president is the one who decides what is Presidential records and what is Personal records.

What do you think he is, a god or something? Absolute monarch?

Old 06-30-2023, 09:49 AM

25,457 posts, read 9,844,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
What a bunch of nonsense. Pure drivel.

Trump was a con artist the day he announced his intention to run the first time.

He was a disgrace to the USA the day he took office. An utter humiliation for our country among nations, he was a laughingstock among world leaders. They not only laughed about him, they laughed to his face.

He was incompetent in office as much as he was incontinent. Any small bit of his greed and corruption was ample proof of his unfitness for office, but it kept coming unabated throughout his short time in the spotlight.

Not to let his old talents go to waste, he continued to betray the American people even after he left office.

He has far exceeded anyone's expectations for depravity, really beyond anyone's wildest dreams.
That second sentence of his is eerily reminiscent of biblical prophecy about Jesus. Kinda scary how these people think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.