Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2023, 04:44 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,238,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Coven View Post
So much for Nauta flipping, eh?
Nauta would be wise to look what happened to Michael Cohen.

Flip early before the jail cell door opens.
Trump will throw him under the courthouse steps.

Old 07-06-2023, 04:57 PM

13,247 posts, read 21,865,100 times
Quote:
Can't say. The media won't let us know much about that story.

I thought you don't trust informants. Suddenly it depends?

The fact is, we have the word of the FPOTUS press secretary, and you won't trust her. But you're on the fence whether to trust an anonymous informant on Biden because, "the media" won't cover the story. Seems a bit hypocritical to me. The reason the media isn't covering that story is because there is no story. Trump is the story. He's indicted, and practically everyone he ever met is on the witness list. 84 of them. You better clear your calendar if you're going to try to discredit all of them.

Old 07-06-2023, 05:12 PM

1,397 posts, read 680,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I thought you don't trust informants. Suddenly it depends?

The fact is, we have the word of the FPOTUS press secretary, and you won't trust her. But you're on the fence whether to trust an anonymous informant on Biden because, "the media" won't cover the story. Seems a bit hypocritical to me. The reason the media isn't covering that story is because there is no story. Trump is the story. He's indicted, and practically everyone he ever met is on the witness list. 84 of them. You better clear your calendar if you're going to try to discredit all of them.
If there is no story, then why did you mention it?

Old 07-06-2023, 05:37 PM

2,004 posts, read 766,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Nauta would be wise to look what happened to Michael Cohen.

Flip early before the jail cell door opens.
Trump will throw him under the courthouse steps.
Their conspiracy case is weak, at least as laid out in the indictment. They don’t even establish that Nauta knew why he was moving boxes, other than for trump to review them, which the indictment established happened multiple times prior to the subpoena search by his attorneys.

They have him on lying to the feds, 6 months probation and be done with this.

Old 07-06-2023, 07:04 PM

Quote:
If there is no story, then why did you mention it?
I used it as a hypothetical because it's all we ever hear from MAGAs and something to which you could relate. Your answer shows that you refuse to trust informants against Trump, but you are willing to trust informants against Biden. That's what I figured from your knee-jerk dismissal of Stephanie Grisham's testimony.

Old 07-06-2023, 07:08 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,790,690 times
Quote:
So much for Nauta flipping, eh?
If Nuata wants to be but roped in federal prison 5-10 years that’s on him. A cult member on the jury may lead to an acquittal for Trump but Nuata shouldn’t plan on that

Old 07-06-2023, 07:26 PM

20,884 posts, read 9,592,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
If Nuata wants to be but roped in federal prison 5-10 years that’s on him. A cult member on the jury may lead to an acquittal for Trump but Nuata shouldn’t plan on that
No, 1 cult member on the jury won't lead to an acquittal for Trump, it would lead to a hung jury, mistrial and new trial.

People keep forgetting that in order for somebody to be acquitted by a jury on a charge, all 12 members of that jury need to vote to acquit on that charge. If 6 members think he's guilty and 6 think he's not guilty on a particular charge, that doesn't mean they've acquitted him on that charge, it means a hung jury for that charge.

Old 07-06-2023, 07:28 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,238,545 times
Trump attorneys notified that he is a subject in investigation.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/federa...co-2023-06-07/

Since this morning the tweets are showing the strain on the old guy. He is really losing his cool. Acting out as a child would.

Old 07-06-2023, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Their conspiracy case is weak, at least as laid out in the indictment. They don’t even establish that Nauta knew why he was moving boxes, other than for trump to review them, which the indictment established happened multiple times prior to the subpoena search by his attorneys.

They have him on lying to the feds, 6 months probation and be done with this.

Try five years.

Old 07-06-2023, 07:37 PM

1,397 posts, read 680,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I used it as a hypothetical because it's all we ever hear from MAGAs and something to which you could relate. Your answer shows that you refuse to trust informants against Trump, but you are willing to trust informants against Biden. That's what I figured from your knee-jerk dismissal of Stephanie Grisham's testimony.
I don't know enough about the Biden thing because the media won't report on it.

How can I make a judgment call on little info?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies