Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2023, 06:14 AM

63,042 posts, read 29,243,563 times

Advertisements

To the one who left me a PM claiming that I don't care about starving children this bill does not deny free lunches to poor kids so WTH are you talking about? So who's starving? I admit that I object to the latter because the families of kids who are poor are already receiving food subsidies and it's double dipping so again, how are kids starving?

Old 06-18-2023, 06:51 AM

15,549 posts, read 7,571,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
To the one who left me a PM claiming that I don't care about starving children this bill does not deny free lunches to poor kids so WTH are you talking about? So who's starving? I admit that I object to the latter because the families of kids who are poor are already receiving food subsidies and it's double dipping so again, how are kids starving?
How is it double dipping when receipt of SNAP benefits is an automatic qualifier for free lunches?

Old 06-18-2023, 06:52 AM

89,243 posts, read 44,979,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
How is it double dipping when receipt of SNAP benefits is an automatic qualifier for free lunches?
Because that qualifier is based on income only, not on how much free food that household is already receiving.

Old 06-18-2023, 06:55 AM

15,549 posts, read 7,571,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Because that qualifier is based on income only, not on how much free food that household is already receiving.
So, it isn't double dipping.

Old 06-18-2023, 07:01 AM

19,277 posts, read 17,154,523 times
Quote:
No deflection whatsoever. What I posted is TRUE.... States don't receive Food Stamp benefits (SNAP), PEOPLE do. AND it's a FACT that NO state has 100% Republican or 100% Democrat voters.

That said, we KNOW for a FACT that those who vote Democrat are 2.2 times more likely to receive Food Stamp benefits (SNAP) than those who vote Republican.

I can see you're not happy to have to accept that TRUTH. Too bad for you. Go lick your wounds.
Keep deflecting because all you show is the Republicans can not take responsibility for anything negative, only the positives. Check the second link it shows Red states lead blue by a large margin in needing Federal Aid......

Old 06-18-2023, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
So, it isn't double dipping.
That's a non sequitur. Double-dipping is getting multiple benefits for the same meals. That's what's happening with households on Food Stamps (SNAP) AND free school meals.

Old 06-18-2023, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Keep deflecting because all you show is the Republicans can not take responsibility for anything negative, only the positives. Check the second link it shows Red states lead blue by a large margin in needing Federal Aid......
No, what I'm showing is that Republicans are 2.2 times more likely than Democrats to cover their own food needs.

Now, tell us... WHY are Democrat voters 2.2 times LESS likely to be able to support themselves?

Old 06-18-2023, 07:10 AM

63,042 posts, read 29,243,563 times
Quote:
SNAP is also based on providing 3 meals a day to a poor family and their kids. If they going to get free school lunches to then the portion denoted for lunches on their SNAP benefits should be deducted from it. Yes, it is double dipping otherwise.

Old 06-18-2023, 08:29 AM

15,111 posts, read 8,663,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Explain to me why I need to feed other men’s children? This is the problem in America. People have children and then expect others to provide for them. These men need to step up.

You all are lucky I’m not in charge.

I’m sorry if this offends, but not only is it not my responsibility to feed your children, I don’t give a damn if they even exist.
I find myself torn on this subject …. starting with the overall baseline opinion of holding grown ass adults responsible for themselves, their needs, and their obligations, which include feeding and caring for their own children. That’s my opinion, in principle, that except in cases of physical or mental handicaps which might render some people incapacitated or incapable of caring for themselves, no body else should be forced to take care of those who refuse to care for themselves.

However, that said, for decades now, we’ve created a system and an environment that enables irresponsibility, and has not held irresponsible people accountable. We’ve created this welfare state which has created a subculture of generational dependency, to which so many children are now born into these days, and of course it’s not the children’s fault. They had nothing to do with creating this mess. Consequently, that places the obligation on all of us to step up to the plate to make sure the needs of these children are met, regardless of who winds up footing the bill.

So, I find myself compelled to reject the argument “we can’t afford it because we are 32 Trillion in debt”. We didn’t get that deep in debt by feeding children, but in allowing a system to be created that not only created a generational dependent class, but simultaneously created massive financial wealth for the wealthy elite by funneling countless hundreds of billions of dollars into unnecessary wars, hundreds of billions more to corrupt corporate welfare, hundreds of billions more in foreign aide, and Trillions taken fraudulently by the international banker gangsters in interest payments for decades and decades. That’s why we have massive debt.

The truth is, the entire system is a huge fraud from every conceivable angle, and won’t be fixed by refusing to ensure children are f’ing fed, so school lunches should be the VERY LAST place we need to be focusing on to save money. The amount of money this system fraudulently funnels to elitist gangster billionaires is more than enough money to feed every man, woman and child on earth, with a lot left over, so paying for school lunches for kids shouldn’t even be a topic of discussion, because that’s hardly more than a drop of water compared to the Ocean.

Yes, we are in desperate need of financial reform in many areas. But let’s start at the top, and work our way down, instead of cutting from the bottom and never making it halfway to the top.

Old 06-18-2023, 08:57 AM

19,277 posts, read 17,154,523 times
Quote:
No, what I'm showing is that Republicans are 2.2 times more likely than Democrats to cover their own food needs.

Now, tell us... WHY are Democrat voters 2.2 times LESS likely to be able to support themselves?
Looking at the states maybe the lack of a robust economy leads to a higher percentage receiving SNAP, maybe the low rated schools which almost parallel lead to it, maybe because they tend to be younger with families rather than older with grown kids. Maybe because their state are Republican lead and their primary interest is helping out their buddies as Mississippi did.

Maybe your example is 10 years old, who knows or cares everything is not politically driven towards the reason, or maybe to you only those who vote as you prefer are worthy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies