Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2023, 08:44 AM

27,665 posts, read 16,156,388 times

Advertisements

Immediate termination is the only solution for this openly hateful bigot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2023, 08:51 AM

24,507 posts, read 17,260,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Good grief. For the sake of our nation, a new administration can't come fast enough.

Yeah really but this nonsense will still prevail because it has become so ingrained in our culture. Trump exposed it all and it is not pretty. The Left keeps pushing and pushing the boundaries.

Whatever happened to hiring and promoting the best person for the job? Does it really matter if that person is he/she/they/them/it?

Making a statement like this General did is doing nothing but further dividing us. It seems like he is itching for a Civil War?

I'm from a solid Blue state but my politics are Conservative so I guess I couldn't sign up for Space Force even though I think Abortion is wrong I still believe in a woman's Right to choose and I also believe in the LGBQTIxyz living their best lives without Fear but we don't need them flaunting it in our faces.

I think this General should be demoted for making this statement because he is clearly and firmly in the Progressive camp and taking orders from their Identity Politics manual.

We need thinkers and doers in the top spots of our military, not brainwashed robots.

Old 06-16-2023, 08:56 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,528,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
OP you might want to re read the article you linked.

From the article: Lt. Gen. DeAnna Burt explains "When I look at potential candidates, say, for squadron command, I strive to match the right person to the right job.

I consider their job performance and relevant experience first. However, I also look at their personal circumstances, and their family is also an important factor.

If a good match for a job does not feel safe being themselves and performing at their highest potential at a given location, or if their family could be denied critical health care due to the laws in that state, I am compelled to consider a different candidate, and, perhaps less qualified."
You might want to read it, too. They have told people they are not saving living in states that pass laws to protect children. They brainwash them into thinking they are unsafe, which they are not.

Old 06-16-2023, 08:57 AM

5,989 posts, read 2,242,201 times
There is a lot of time spent in the media, in states, and at the Federal level to get people to focus on LGBTQ issues (for or against) to ensure you're not paying attention to rising prices, rising homelessness, slow wage growth, and reduced opportunities to work your way up the economic ladder.

All this stuff feels like such a distraction that all political parties want to engage in, it's much easier on these wedge issues instead of focusing on what feels like a slowing or possibly even a decline in the economic outlook for individual Americans over 2 decades.

Old 06-16-2023, 09:12 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,850,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
A high-ranking Space Force officer has vowed that the Space Force will promote lesser qualified candidates over candidates who come from Red states that pass laws to protect children.

If you come from Florida and want to serve your country, then don't expect to be promoted.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-speech.html

This is what she actually said (from the linked article):

'When I look at potential candidates, say, for squadron command, I strive to match the right person to the right job.

'I consider their job performance and relevant experience first. However, I also look at their personal circumstances, and their family is also an important factor.

'If a good match for a job does not feel safe being themselves and performing at their highest potential at a given location, or if their family could be denied critical health care due to the laws in that state, I am compelled to consider a different candidate, and, perhaps less qualified.

'Those barriers are a threat to our readiness, and they have a direct correlation to the resiliency and wellbeing of our most important operational advantage: our people.'

Old 06-16-2023, 09:22 AM

27,207 posts, read 13,496,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
And you may want to read the article you are quoting because I am pretty sure it isn't making the point you were hoping for.

Just what our Armed Forces need..."The Few, The Proud, The Less Qualified".

I wonder what would happen if an officer moves from a Blue State to a Red State, would they be demoted?
Space Force - "To Insanity and Beyond".

Old 06-16-2023, 09:29 AM

29,518 posts, read 14,679,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I think the General was making the point that she can’t, or won’t, put people in billets in red states if they or their family members are transgendered.

Her point was to scold the red states in the hope that they change their policies so she can post transgendered members anywhere in the US.

This highlights two things to me:

1) Military leadership has been taken over by liberal thought

2) We are no longer serious as a military. China is actively building their military stronger everyday, while we complain about a trans person not being able to fill a position in a red state.
Did I miss something in the article ? Are there laws in red states prohibiting transgender individuals ?

Old 06-16-2023, 09:36 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,718,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
This is what she actually said (from the linked article):

'When I look at potential candidates, say, for squadron command, I strive to match the right person to the right job.

'I consider their job performance and relevant experience first. However, I also look at their personal circumstances, and their family is also an important factor.

'If a good match for a job does not feel safe being themselves and performing at their highest potential at a given location, or if their family could be denied critical health care due to the laws in that state, I am compelled to consider a different candidate, and, perhaps less qualified.

'Those barriers are a threat to our readiness, and they have a direct correlation to the resiliency and wellbeing of our most important operational advantage: our people.'
I'm curious...how do you define "less qualified"?

Because the only "threat" here is Generals thinking that promoting "less qualified" people is a good thing.

Old 06-16-2023, 09:41 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,834,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Immediate termination is the only solution for this openly hateful bigot.
I doubt if she said what she did without approval from the top.

Old 06-16-2023, 09:42 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,834,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Did I miss something in the article ? Are there laws in red states prohibiting transgender individuals ?
It's the laws protecting children from transgendered medical procedures. First passed by Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies