Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 03:59 PM

6,038 posts, read 2,856,281 times

Advertisements

The second impeachment should be expunged, if for no other reason, because due process was denied to Former President Trump. It was based on emotions, not anything like the conclusion of an investigation, for example. The second impeachment made a mockery of the impeachment process.

Old 06-25-2023, 06:07 AM

59,126 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
The second impeachment should be expunged, if for no other reason, because due process was denied to Former President Trump. It was based on emotions, not anything like the conclusion of an investigation, for example. The second impeachment made a mockery of the impeachment process.
The 1st was based solely on what the dems THOUGHT he meant. Even though the person on the other end of the call does NOT agree with the dems "interpretation".

Old 06-25-2023, 06:39 AM

5,986 posts, read 2,241,315 times
How does this work? I get it how works for some who would get a background check for a job since that person is not known to anyone and the background check is all the evidence anything exist but what purpose would this serve for a former President running for office again?

Are they going to erase it from our Memory? Will it be erased from the books written already? Erased from history books?

I guess I don't see the purpose since you cannot change what we all know nor does it effect Trump's ability to run for office again. What exactly is the utility in doing it?

Old 06-25-2023, 07:06 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
How does this work? I get it how works for some who would get a background check for a job since that person is not known to anyone and the background check is all the evidence anything exist but what purpose would this serve for a former President running for office again?

Are they going to erase it from our Memory? Will it be erased from the books written already? Erased from history books?

I guess I don't see the purpose since you cannot change what we all know nor does it effect Trump's ability to run for office again. What exactly is the utility in doing it?
That's exactly what I'm asking. What's the goal here?

I'm a little afraid of the answer. Maybe it IS supposed to be an expunction, and thus, anyone who reports it (as in a text book) or discusses it will be charged with a crime? Or sued?

I can't think of any other reason to expunge his impeachment, except to silence this information in the future.

frightening

Old 06-25-2023, 07:08 AM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
They should be expunged, good news.
I agree. Both impeachments were ridiculous.

Old 06-25-2023, 07:11 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,192,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said Friday he supports the idea of expunging the two impeachments of Donald Trump as hard-right Republican allies of the former president introduce a pair of proposals to declare it as though the historic charges never happened.

https://apnews.com/article/mccarthy-...4c95642884952c

It's sad how they still bend the knee for Trump. You can't erase history.
Try as they might, Republicans cannot unring a bell.

Old 06-25-2023, 07:57 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
I can't see where any Republican planning to actually legislate this, or any poster on this forum has said what that will mean.

I guess because they don't know/hadn't thought it though/don't understand what expunction means.

It does appear, though, that McCarthy has no actual plans to move forward with this, he's just creating the Family Feud-like optic of saying good answer good answer to an obviously terrible guess.

Old 06-25-2023, 08:06 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,949,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Try as they might, Republicans cannot unring a bell.
Some of us don't want to unring the bell... the two failed attempts to remove Trump from office reflect badly on Democrats, not Trump.

Old 06-25-2023, 09:08 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
The impeachments were based on lies and were purely politically based.

I don't think they should be expunged from the records but they should be held up as an example of how low the Democrats are willing to go in attacking a political opponent.

We can never forget what they did to Trump over what they told us he was Thinking and what they conveniently ignore when it comes to actually deeds that Biden is guilty of.

Old 06-25-2023, 09:13 AM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said Friday he supports the idea of expunging the two impeachments of Donald Trump as hard-right Republican allies of the former president introduce a pair of proposals to declare it as though the historic charges never happened.

https://apnews.com/article/mccarthy-...4c95642884952c

It's sad how they still bend the knee for Trump. You can't erase history.
Historically corrupt charges brought by the corrupt for solely political reasons and they were all aware that they were false charges while pursuing them.

They ought to vacate their Offices as if they "never happened".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.