Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 05:45 AM

73,115 posts, read 62,763,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
A "pro-black" Twitter account isn't going to talk about this stuff. The media is not based, so they won't talk about this stuff any more than they have to. This leaves what many would describe as "anti-black" messengers. They eat this stuff up for dinner and spit it back out in everyone's faces. The solution is, don't feed the trolls by giving them something to talk about... Like 19 mass shootings on Juneteenth, if that actually happened. Or if it's a lie, call them out on it, loud and proud. But I did see some of the videos for myself of what went down. There definitely was violence that day. But how much, I don't know for sure. It looked to be gang related.

Reality is, the violence that exists in places like the south side of Chicago has nothing at all to do with racism. There should be a healthy conversation about that if anyone actually wants the situation to improve. But it doesn't seem like there is enough motivation for people to make a real effort to improve the situation. The politicians blatantly capitalize on the violence and use it to push their agendas and desires to control people. That's not "helping".
Well, I'm not looking to "pro-Black" Twitter accounts either. However, there are Black youtubers talking about this. Some do a better job doing so in a decent manner than others. Here is the deal. I can't stop someone from murdering another person. I can only do my best as an individual to not contribute to the problem. So, for that reason, the "don't do what feeds the anti-Black messengers" isn't something that could apply to me. Not as an individual anyway. If the only persons talking about this are doing so out of anti-Black anger, then few people will ever want to talk about it. Why would I want to talk about this with someone who thinks badly of Blacks as a whole? Why?

As for why there isn't enough motivation, there is something else I'll point out. When you don't live in those neighborhoods, you won't think of it as your problem. When you can easily just leave and never live there, you won't discuss it. When you're stuck there and have to do something, then that's a different story.

Old 06-26-2023, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
There are good faith discussions between white and black community leaders as to how to address the crime problems. With all these good faith discussion, solutions seem fleeting. Nothing will change until thugs want to change and that seems not the case. As long as people can march through downtown areas taking whatever merchandise they please without repercussion, crime going unprosecuted or plea deals amounting to a slap on the wrist, what is the deterrent? What would your good faith discussion on violence contain.....especially in gang related areas?
The good faith discussions do more than these anti-Black types who only bring this stuff up out of anger towards Blacks. Not as much as we would all like. However, Twitter accounts such as UltraDane, and anti-Black bloggers such as Paul Kersey (from the site SBPDL, acronym for Stuff Black People Don't Like) are doing absolutely nothing, except giving people who have anger towards Blacks a place to vent. Answer this. Why would I want to discuss any of this with someone who has disdain/anger towards Blacks?

By the way, a discussion in good faith would actually allow for people to see things rationally and actually makes it easier to talk about things like district attorneys going to easy on criminals. Go on the anti-Black war path and it distracts from any solutions.

Old 06-26-2023, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Go look down the list of mass shootings in the US in 2022 and 2021. They're 70% gang banger stuff and black...and their victims are almost all black and many caught by stray shots.

Back in the day, making excuses for the black murder rate used to be racist.

We're back to pointing it out is racist due to the political cycle, despite the victims being almost all black as well.

Lesson there? People at more of a national level only give a crap if it's politically useful. Poor blacks are taking it from both parties, I've seen hookers treated with more respect.
The truth is Black people have been the majority of murder victims, going as far back as 1900. In those days, no one cared as long as it didn't affect anyone else. Black on Black murder is only considered useful when it can drum up fear.

When people think about mass shootings, Black on Black gang shootings are the last thing anyone thinks about. It's Adam Lanza, Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris, Dylann Roof, James Holmes, the persons go into a church, school or movie theatre and shoot as many people as they can, with indifference, or with alot of hate. Those shootings are too close to home. If it occurs on Chicago's South Side (or the 3rd Ward of New Orleans, East St. Louis, Milwaukee's North Side, etc), it's not going to garner as much "close to home" feeling. It's looked at as Black people's problems.

Actually, there is a TedTalk about Black murder being normalized. Personally, this is also a reason it isn't talked about. It's considered normal. I think if more people want to see the murder rates/violent crime rates drop, for real, this is the first thing that needs to be considered. Black murder needs to be seen as an aberration, not the norm.

Old 06-26-2023, 06:43 AM

34,261 posts, read 18,638,482 times
The media and Democrats only publicize White shooting solely to advance their agenda to ban guns from only the LAW ABIDING.

Old 06-26-2023, 06:47 AM

59,312 posts, read 27,467,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"But if we are honest with ourselves, we’ll admit that too many fathers are also missing. Too many fathers are M.I.A. Too many fathers are AWOL, missing from too many lives and too many homes. They have abandoned their responsibilities. They’re acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our family have suffered because of it.

You and I know this is true everywhere, but nowhere is it more true than in the African-American community. We know that more than half of all black children live in single-parent households, half, a number that has doubled – doubled – since we were children. We know the statistics – that children who grow up without a father are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crime. They’re nine times more likely to drop out of schools, twenty times more likely to end up in prison. They are more likely to have behavioral problems, or run away from home, or become teenage parents because the father wasn’t in the home. The foundations of our community are weaker because of it."

Barack Obama’s speech to Apostolic Church of God in the South Side of Chicago, Father’s Day, June 15, 2008.
"Barack Obama’s speech"

And what did HE do about it?

Old 06-26-2023, 06:49 AM

59,312 posts, read 27,467,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The single parenthood rate sky rocketed from the mid 1960s, especially for the poor. The black single parenthood rate went from ~25% to ~70%. The dependency on government welfare has enticed birth parents to live apart and not raise their kids.
"The single parenthood rate sky rocketed from the mid 1960s,"

Thank you linden johnson and the rest of the dems politicians!

Old 06-26-2023, 07:18 AM

22,675 posts, read 24,657,321 times
MAYBE we should first and foremost look at systemic-racism and ZERO actual reparations
being paid out!!!!

Old 06-26-2023, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I've witnessed this for decades. The ability for the law abiding CITIZEN to defend themselves against crime, bodily harm and tyranny is considered too much power for the elitists. Homicides are largely a big city BLACK problem in the U.S. but it never gets addressed. Why?

I can't believe you can't see this. Wow.
For the same reason it was never really addressed in 1920, 1940, or 1960. If it only affected Black people, few people cared. As long as Black Americans were isolated from the rest of society, it didn't affect anyone else. As long as it didn't affected anyone else, few would talk about it.

Old 06-26-2023, 08:27 AM

1,933 posts, read 562,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The good faith discussions do more than these anti-Black types who only bring this stuff up out of anger towards Blacks. Not as much as we would all like. However, Twitter accounts such as UltraDane, and anti-Black bloggers such as Paul Kersey (from the site SBPDL, acronym for Stuff Black People Don't Like) are doing absolutely nothing, except giving people who have anger towards Blacks a place to vent. Answer this. Why would I want to discuss any of this with someone who has disdain/anger towards Blacks?
Probably for the same reasons I would want to discuss any of this with someone who has disdain/anger towards whites from the BLM movement. That's not the point. Point is why would you want to talk about problems within the black community with whites in the first place? There are irrational people of every color everywhere.
Quote:
By the way, a discussion in good faith would actually allow for people to see things rationally and actually makes it easier to talk about things like district attorneys going to easy on criminals. Go on the anti-Black war path and it distracts from any solutions.
Again, what would your good faith discussion look like? What recommendations/suggestions would you bring to the table....and in what community do you think these good faith discussions about black violence/crime should be held to work toward solutions?

Old 06-26-2023, 09:10 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,896,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For the same reason it was never really addressed in 1920, 1940, or 1960. If it only affected Black people, few people cared. As long as Black Americans were isolated from the rest of society, it didn't affect anyone else. As long as it didn't affected anyone else, few would talk about it.
If Whites talked about it in the 40s , 60s and now the speaker is labeled a Racist there by separating the speaker Black or White from the problem .So as a white guy in his 70s who has lived in Baltimore and cities father south I say it's a shame but experience tells me to stay out of it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies