Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 09:53 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,866,449 times

Advertisements

Just hours after the mass-shooting on the beautiful subways of Democratic NYC, the governor gave a lecture that the violence has to stop.

I guess the criminals weren't listening though because just hours Governor Hochul "It was to stop" lection there another shooting in in the Bronx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-1WFeGYYsY

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/natio...-stop/2691850/

https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/nypd-i...ubway-station/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2022, 09:56 PM

29,824 posts, read 24,917,786 times
4 people shot in the Bronx is just another day in NYC. I hate to say it but I think there are just way too many sociopaths out there who are delighted by these regular acts of violence that New Yorkers seem accustomed to.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:07 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:18 PM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
Imagine if New Yorkers could shoot back...

Old 04-13-2022, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
*everyone pulls out gun

“I’m the good guy with the gun!”
“No I’m the good guy with the gun”
“No I’m the good guy”

“We’ll ok, then if we’re all the good guys then which one of us has been shooting the whole time?”

“Hey don’t look at me, mine’s not even loaded!”

*badguy with a cape and a top-hat and a gun runs out giggling while twirling his mustache.*

“Nyaa, they’ll never catch me now see?”

Old 04-13-2022, 10:41 PM

29,824 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OogzMootz View Post
*everyone pulls out gun

“I’m the good guy with the gun!”
“No I’m the good guy with the gun”
“No I’m the good guy”

“We’ll ok, then if we’re all the good guys then which one of us has been shooting the whole time?”

“Hey don’t look at me, mine’s not even loaded!”

*badguy with a cape and a top-hat and a gun runs out giggling while twirling his mustache.*

“Nyaa, they’ll never catch me now see?”

I believe in order to own a gun, there should be some level of standardized basic training provided, by a state if necessary, in the safe operation of a fire arm. That includes dealing with situations like these in a consistent, clearly laid out, well planned manner, so that the good guys all have a process in place to prevent this very thing from happening.

There was just an incident where a store owner chased a thief down and tried to shoot him. He missed and accidentally shot a young girl three times in the arm instead. That doesn't mean we should stop responsible gun owners from being able to defend themselves. It just means it's another day in America, and another random act of violence. We have plenty of laws in place already, yet the rate of violence and homicides continues to grow. Sometimes, you have to look at many different approaches to properly deal with a problem.

Old 04-13-2022, 11:42 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
You know - if this was a foreign entity coming in from the outside shooting up private citizens, we would have a cow.

Because it's our own people doing this - we rub our chins and look at why the guns (as if they had a mind of their own) are shooting up all of these people.

Just a crazy thought on my part... what if foreign entities are paying DA's and local governments to put these criminals back out on the street to cause chaos and mayhem - as part of a war strategy? Or part of a depopulation strategy?

We could lose 3000 people with planes flying into towers... we could lose 3000 over a period of time and get used to it and point the finger at each other.

We could tighten this up real quick in how we handle people who commit crimes. That would involve getting our hands dirty, coming together and electing good people to government.

We could also tighten this up by straightening out our family structure so that we don't put kids in a situation that makes it easy to become a criminal.

Every person we lose has a skill or talent that can no longer be utilized to benefit their company and their families and the country.

I'm just thinking big picture here.

Old 04-14-2022, 01:42 AM

34,062 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
I have little doubt another Bernie Goetz incident awaits.

Old 04-14-2022, 05:43 AM

24,641 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Criminals do not stop shooting, ever. You must physically go on the streets to stop and frisk them. Which will prevent a lot of shootings before they ever happen.

Sorry for the breaking news Democrats.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-14-2022 at 05:52 AM..

Old 04-14-2022, 05:46 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
When you shut down most of the countries mental institutions, & put all those sick people out into the streets, this is what happens. It is that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies