Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 12:08 PM

29,810 posts, read 14,865,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Those days are long gone for me too. I quit partying in my early 20's. But I still enjoy having two beers with dinner but not that swill. I like either Bass Ale or Foster's Premium Ale. I used to drink Beck's Dark until I tried Bass Ale. My local supermarket used to carry Bass Ale so I tried Foster's Premium Ale instead. To my surprise they taste almost the same.
If I drink a beer, it's usually from a local brewery. My state has plenty of them. I've since progressed to bourbon, gin and tonics, or dirty martinis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2023, 12:12 PM

29,957 posts, read 25,078,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Soy persons have a more selective palate than your typical blue collar type conservatives.

They won't drink Bud Lite because it tastes like crap. Something the blue collars never noticed all these years.

"Soys" typically favor hipster beer like PBR, and extremely hoppy IPAs. That doesn't require a selective palate. PBR is generic cheap swill. I don't mind it, but it's nothing special. But I still buy it to keep the fridge stocked with beer for guests, or if I feel like drinking more than just a couple beers in one sitting. Hoppy IPA... Well, that stuff lays waste to your palate.

Hipsters/soys aren't any more sophisticated in their drinking habits. Just more snobby about what they consume and willing to spend more. They really think they have something there... Kinda like the wine snobs that spend hundreds for a bottle of high end wine, but appreciate the 3 dollar wine at Aldis just the same. And yes, I also love the $3 wine at Aldi's too.

Old 06-27-2023, 02:16 PM

8,109 posts, read 3,983,115 times
Bud Beer Fire Sale

Now there's an idea... send all the Bud Light to Canada to dump on the wild fires.

Old 06-27-2023, 02:40 PM

18,448 posts, read 15,909,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
At this point, the only interesting thing to me is how they would cover this topic in a sales\marketing class at a University.
I know how. If at a graduate level, it would be through the case study method. If at the undergrad level, it would be presented through lecture and discussed, with the instructor leading, in relation to core marketing principles.

Old 06-27-2023, 02:48 PM

50,564 posts, read 47,399,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
"Soys" typically favor hipster beer like PBR, and extremely hoppy IPAs. That doesn't require a selective palate. PBR is generic cheap swill. I don't mind it, but it's nothing special. But I still buy it to keep the fridge stocked with beer for guests, or if I feel like drinking more than just a couple beers in one sitting. Hoppy IPA... Well, that stuff lays waste to your palate.

Hipsters/soys aren't any more sophisticated in their drinking habits. Just more snobby about what they consume and willing to spend more. They really think they have something there... Kinda like the wine snobs that spend hundreds for a bottle of high end wine, but appreciate the 3 dollar wine at Aldis just the same. And yes, I also love the $3 wine at Aldi's too.
And PBR used to be even lower on the scale than say keystone, hamms or schlitz. Bottom shelf garbage.

Old 06-27-2023, 03:10 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,325,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
And PBR used to be even lower on the scale than say keystone, hamms or schlitz. Bottom shelf garbage.
I believe the re-birth of PBR started around 15 years ago in college towns like Boston and Phila. College kids going to the bars were screaming for a cheaper priced beer so canned PBR became that lower priced beer.

Old 06-27-2023, 03:50 PM

26,198 posts, read 19,137,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
In tomorrows front page ad for Kroger, you can get a case of Bud for 4.99 with a rebate. I think I will stick with my Yuengling
Looks like there will be alot of woke drunks, on the roads. Stay Safe! Wonder if Bud can be held accountable, for all their drunk driving accidents.
Ha. I wonder when they will start paying people to take it.

Old 06-27-2023, 03:57 PM

7,521 posts, read 4,395,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
If I drink a beer, it's usually from a local brewery. My state has plenty of them. I've since progressed to bourbon, gin and tonics, or dirty martinis.
We used to have a local brewery that made excellent Porter Ale. They've since gone out of business. The biggest problem with them is that you couldn't just walk up to the cooler and buy a six pack then pay the cashier. You'd have to buy it from the bartender who was usually very busy tending bar. Usually a 15 minute to a half hour wait. No thanks.

I haven't progressed to anything other than my two beers a night. That I won't give up except when I'm out somewhere such as a restaurant and have to drive. I refuse to have even one beer then and drink iced tea instead. We do keep a bottle of Baileys Irish Cream and a bottle of Kahlua on hand for special occasions and mix 3 parts of Baileys to one part Kahlua for a 4 oz. mixed drink. One bottle of Bailey's usually lasts us about a year. An occasional gin and tonic is also pretty good especially during the summer time but we haven't had one of those in years.

What I like about an ice cold beer in a frozen glass is that it takes longer to drink than any mixed drink. Since I drink two 12 oz. beers it lasts longer. I couldn't imagine putting down 24 oz's of G&T's? I'd be flat on my a** and couldn't get up. Cheers!

Old 06-27-2023, 04:02 PM

7,521 posts, read 4,395,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Ha. I wonder when they will start paying people to take it.
If it gets any cheaper I'll probably buy it and take it out into the desert for some target shooting. I just gotta' be careful and not get sprayed just in case I get stopped I don't want to smell like a brewery. I always pick up my empty cans and can throw them into the back of my truck. From there it would be quite obvious that I was using them for target practice and not for consumption..

Old 06-27-2023, 04:08 PM

29,957 posts, read 25,078,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Hey now... Hamms is pretty decent as far as cheap beers go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies