Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 06:22 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

What !!! The left is going to say Bud light is racist. It's Bud light.. it's only for light people. It excludes dark people .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2023, 08:52 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I don't think that I'd be willing to try some today after all it's some 46 years old. It tasted horrible back then I can only imagine how horrible it is now? For those that are interested here's a great article about the rise and fall of Billy Beer and it's brewer. https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...-quit-drinking

I would not recommend drinking it either. Who knows what has leeched into the beer from the metal over the years. If someone offered me a can of Billy Beer to try, there's no way I would consider consuming it. We all know it sucked back then. Something sitting in a metal can for decades is probably not going to improve in taste.

I've also acquired many +50 year old cans of beer, some of which were unopened. I typically drill a hole in the bottom and drain them. The smells in my basement from doing this still linger. It's not a bad smell, but it is musty, yeasty, a bit like moldy bread... I'm sure there's a good chance that old beer like that can harbor nasties that are best reserved for the drain. Next time I do this though, I'm dumping them outside!

You're also correct that Billy Carter did not prefer his own beer. He opted instead for Pabst.

Old 06-27-2023, 09:40 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
I don't know why people drink AALs like Bud Light.

I've been a craft beer guy since I turned 21 - about fifteen years ago. I've drunk plenty of Bud over the years, but it's bad. Miller Lite is the best of the BMC beers. If I want cheap, I'm going for PBR or Rolling Rock.

Old 06-27-2023, 11:44 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
All the Trans kids I know drink Real Alcohol not the swill Beer Conservative "Deliverance" type Men drink.
What type of man hangs with the trans kids Bob?

Old 06-27-2023, 11:55 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I don't know why people drink AALs like Bud Light.

I've been a craft beer guy since I turned 21 - about fifteen years ago. I've drunk plenty of Bud over the years, but it's bad. Miller Lite is the best of the BMC beers. If I want cheap, I'm going for PBR or Rolling Rock.

Less carbs, less filling so you can drink more, they don't make you feel as "full", supposedly not as bad for diabetics, better at quenching thirst on a hot summer day. I think the most important quality considered though is the much more favorable price point.

Another thing to consider is beers like Bud Light seldom are turned down if offered. Pretty much anyone can at least drink one, even if they don't really find it to be anything special. The same can't be said for many craft beers, especially styles like stouts and IPAs. Some of those beers are downright offensive if your palate is not accustomed to it.

I strongly prefer craft beer as well. But I'm not interested in slamming 6-12 beers in one sitting the way many of the light beer drinkers sometimes do. I'd rather enjoy 1 or 2 beers that I really enjoy. If I wanted to just catch a buzz and that was all I cared about though, I too would purchase the cheap swill.

Old 06-28-2023, 05:49 AM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
We used to have a local brewery that made excellent Porter Ale. They've since gone out of business. The biggest problem with them is that you couldn't just walk up to the cooler and buy a six pack then pay the cashier. You'd have to buy it from the bartender who was usually very busy tending bar. Usually a 15 minute to a half hour wait. No thanks.

I haven't progressed to anything other than my two beers a night. That I won't give up except when I'm out somewhere such as a restaurant and have to drive. I refuse to have even one beer then and drink iced tea instead. We do keep a bottle of Baileys Irish Cream and a bottle of Kahlua on hand for special occasions and mix 3 parts of Baileys to one part Kahlua for a 4 oz. mixed drink. One bottle of Bailey's usually lasts us about a year. An occasional gin and tonic is also pretty good especially during the summer time but we haven't had one of those in years.

What I like about an ice cold beer in a frozen glass is that it takes longer to drink than any mixed drink. Since I drink two 12 oz. beers it lasts longer. I couldn't imagine putting down 24 oz's of G&T's? I'd be flat on my a** and couldn't get up. Cheers!
Very true. Sometimes things do get a bit out of hand...especially if we are drinking dirty martini's.

Old 06-28-2023, 05:59 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I'll pass on the Yuengling, although their chocolate stout is a nice winter beer. For my own consumption I stock local brews. Although whenever I'm feeling like a "light" beer it's Dos XX, dressed, for me!

If I were throwing a 4th of July cookout I'd certainly stock up on the Bud Light at that price. You always have the Coors Light/Bud Light type of drinkers at a cookout (like my father...lol).

Thanks for passing along the tip, will save people some money this week!
AB's problem is that Bud Light now has a stigma attached to it. People are embarrassed to be seen drinking it and many will be embarrassed to serve it at their parties.

AB is in a tough spot. $5/case is surely not profitable. They are desperately trying to maintain sales numbers, keep the production line running, and win back customers. If the only reason customers come back is because it's free, many will just leave again if price goes back to normal. And the steep discounts or free after rebate is also the butt of many jokes and helping create an image of being a "loser".

Old 06-28-2023, 06:11 AM

6,559 posts, read 7,139,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
If I was still back in my boating/partying day's I'd be all over that at $4.99 a case.
It’s a rebate, probably exactly like the Menard’s ones where majority of people are not going to mail in the receipt. Then a credit to only use at Menard’s shows up 9 months later that most people will think is junk mail and not even open and throw out. I bet the Budweiser rebate will be credit towards future Budweiser only.

The only person I know who drank Bud Light is my Hispanic neighbor friend who’s a biker. He and all his biker buddies quit drinking it because of this. I’d bet Budweiser was biggest sponsor of Sturgis and their #1 selling time. That’s going to be zero this year. Business-wise is not good at all. Interesting to watch a huge brand go down in flames.

Last edited by wamer27; 06-28-2023 at 06:24 AM..

Old 06-28-2023, 06:23 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,243,087 times
My wife (deal shopper) picked up a 12 of Bud light apple slices for $3.99 about a month ago. It is pretty bad but it’s 5% alcohol. We’ve had it awhile, still trying to whittle away at it. Bud anything is pretty crappy in general and gives me a dull headache. I’ve always preferred Miller but Yuengling is even better now that TX finally has it. Better yet, Aldi has some even better beers for less $. Craft beer in TX is a quantity over quality thing and doesn’t touch what comes out of the northern states, but there are a few that I do enjoy. There was never a need to drink that Bud swill to begin with. That whole tranny marketing thing was the marketing disaster of the decade, but it’s also funny watching “real men” get their skirts blown up by an obnoxious flaming queen.

Old 06-28-2023, 08:43 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
All the Trans kids I know drink Real Alcohol not the swill Beer Conservative "Deliverance" type Men drink.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the "Deliverance" type men engage in gay sex? Sounds kinda transgenderish to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies