Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 07:18 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,130,624 times

Advertisements

I'm a lifelong right-winger; I was a very active Republican for years, and now I'm a Libertarian. I don't vote Democratic. Period. No exceptions. I despise that party.

However, I'm also offended at the boorish and thuggish behavior that I see coming from the right. Some examples:

1. The Congressman wearing a "Let's Go Brandon" face mask inside the Capitol.
2. People at a car race chanting "F___ Joe Biden!"
3. The drivers who surrounded the Joe Biden bus along the highway in Texas.

I don't need to list the boorish and thuggish behavior that I see coming from the left. It's been going on for years.

Enough is enough. Just because the left is boorish and thuggish is not an excuse for the right to be boorish and thuggish.

Can everyone on the right who crosses the bounds of good manners please stop?

I'm guilty of it--when I was a Teen Age Republican, I held a yard sign for a Congressional candidate, a few feet from his opponent, who saw it and came over to me, saying "That won't change my vote". (My Republican colleagues fussed at me for that, and I learned not to do that).

Do people who chant "F Joe Biden" not have anything better to do? If they don't--they need to find something better to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2021, 07:22 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
People in general have a much bigger platform to express themselves and their displeasure with their elected officials than they used to.

Not surprising that many choose to utilize it.

Not everyone has the time to march and riot......some of us have to work for a living so Biden can give millions to illegal immigrants.

And the Biden administration is certainly deserving of all the criticism being leveled at it and more.

If they don't like being told "Let's go Brandon"....

Maybe they should stop doing things that make people want to chant it en mass.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:24 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Thanks - good post. Yes, boorish behavior is seen on both sides.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:25 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,130,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
People in general have a much bigger platform to express themselves and their displeasure with their elected officials.

Not surprising that many choose to utilize it.

And the Biden administration is certainly deserving of all the criticism being leveled at it and more.

If they don't like being told "Let's go Brandon"....

Maybe they should stop doing things that make people want to chant it en mass.
The Left is not going to stop. The Left is adamant about its positions.

Isn't the better response to (1) have a well-thought out program and (2) be appealing?

The GOP didn't have a well-thought out program when it was in power--it couldn't even come up with a replacement for Obamacare. And by being abrasive, that does no good; look at the response that Trump got to his behavior.

I can't stand the Democratic Party, but I'm certainly not going to vote for anyone who cusses at Joe Biden or wears a "Let's Go Brandon" face mask.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
I totally agree.
And here's the thing -- Let's Go Brandon will be used in some form against the next Republican presidential candidate in some way. A not so clever tag line will be created.

I think it diminishes any actual real criticism of policy or action by the adminisration.

I thought that with the baby Trump balloon...the 'Cheeto' comments.

To me it was a lazy way of hurling insults without having to address policy.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:29 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
The Left is not going to stop. The Left is adamant about its positions.

Isn't the better response to (1) have a well-thought out program and (2) be appealing?

The GOP didn't have a well-thought out program when it was in power--it couldn't even come up with a replacement for Obamacare. And by being abrasive, that does no good; look at the response that Trump got to his behavior.

I can't stand the Democratic Party, but I'm certainly not going to vote for anyone who cusses at Joe Biden or wears a "Let's Go Brandon" face mask.

Blaming the GOP for not replacing Obamacare is a bit simplistic.

The machinery of bureaucracy had taken hold already and the ACA was designed to be difficult to replace, or fix it's shortcomings.

It was never meant to actually do what it was billed as ......it was designed to fail and be a stepping stone to single payer.

But it was sold to the public as an entitlement, and once entitlements are put in place they are very difficult to remove, even if they don't work as advertised.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:32 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
I'm a lifelong right-winger; I was a very active Republican for years, and now I'm a Libertarian. I don't vote Democratic. Period. No exceptions. I despise that party.

However, I'm also offended at the boorish and thuggish behavior that I see coming from the right. Some examples:

I don't need to list the boorish and thuggish behavior that I see coming from the left. It's been going on for years.

Enough is enough. Just because the left is boorish and thuggish is not an excuse for the right to be boorish and thuggish.

I'm guilty of it--when I was a Teen Age Republican, I held a yard sign for a Congressional candidate, a few feet from his opponent, who saw it and came over to me, saying "That won't change my vote". (My Republican colleagues fussed at me for that, and I learned not to do that).

Do people who chant "F Joe Biden" not have anything better to do? If they don't--they need to find something better to do.
Let's go Brandon!

Old 11-02-2021, 07:34 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:

The one problem with conservatives is the world was never what they naively think it was. You are appear woefully ignorant that what is "boorish" to you is a generational effect. The anti-establishment movement has shifted to the right. as has the youthful rebellious element in it Lastly, boorish is the least of our problems. Obama lied and swindled very tastefully. Good manners with bad intentions are more vile than honest vulgarity.

Thus I would conclude, don't you have anything better to do than maintaining appearances? I should be polite in the face of the Stalinization of the society?

Old 11-02-2021, 07:34 AM

4,549 posts, read 2,273,716 times
The GOP and GOP supporters played nice for far too long now and where did that get us? We listened to insult after insult about Trump and Trump supporters. The name calling started by the left. I could care less that the GOP is finally going to get down in the mud. It's about damn time.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:35 AM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
You'd hope people in such positions would not stoop to base sophomoric behavior.

But the internet loves it, enables it, willingly spreads it, in a narcissistic feedback loop and these politicians who want to be the "cool teacher" go along and pander to it, either side, for likes, shares, and ultimately votes.

The b(*&&^ rises to the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies