Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2023, 07:07 AM

7,042 posts, read 2,737,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Coven View Post
Meh, calculus is calculus. There are different levels and you don't learn Calculus II and multivariable calculus without passing Calculus I.

The community college will have the same calculus courses as a university - if it has a decent math and science department.

There is math above calculus that you will only find at the unis, and which is only relevant to STEM majors.
Exactly. If the community college class was inferior, the credit would not transfer to the university when the student applied to continue with their bachelors degree.

Old 06-30-2023, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Nice deflection. Legacy admissions was not on trial in this case. Race-based admissions was.

There should be no discrimination against or in favor of anyone. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMENQeCbxfI

Old 06-30-2023, 07:11 AM

24,724 posts, read 9,524,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Calculus at your local community college is not going to be as tough as Texas or Georgia Tech or MIT.
Tell me you’ve never been to college without telling me you’ve never been to college.

If the credits transfer, it’s good. Otherwise it wouldn’t transfer.

Old 06-30-2023, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
They do if they are rich. Do you think Obama’s children deserve racial preferences?
It makes you wonder how a kid (Barack) who admitted in his biography that he went to class high and skipped school alot during his high school years was admitted to Columbia Univerisity.

Old 06-30-2023, 07:16 AM

5,964 posts, read 2,781,239 times
Can we all agree on this: Thank goodness Joe Biden is not sitting on the Supreme Court. The guy has gotten this and just about every other policy decision totally wrong.

“Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”
-Joe Biden

and regarding desegregation of schools, Biden co-authored anti-integration bills! These are facts, Jack!

Don't believe me, read this article from NBC News - 2019
Joe Biden didn't just compromise with segregationists. He fought for their cause in schools, experts say.
Joe Biden helped give America the language that is still used to oppose school integration today, legislative and education history experts say.

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this.”
-Joe Biden

Old 06-30-2023, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I want to know….what do you want the criteria to be when all the selected applicants have the same qualifications but can’t all be accepted
First applied, first accepted. This works for concerts, airlines, DMV, etc.

Old 06-30-2023, 07:22 AM

24,724 posts, read 9,524,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Coven View Post
It's almost as if Democrats want another Chinese Exclusion Act.
That’s why the left are hypocrites. They only pretend to care about minorities from an arms length.

As soon as POC start “taking over elite liberals colleges” and “self-identifying as white” the left has a huge problem and draws a line.

Old 06-30-2023, 07:24 AM

6,818 posts, read 14,060,274 times
I have a few questions regarding this issue. Why were the service academies given a exemption for AA and how does indian students figure into this equation. Asian students are the ones being highlighted but I would assume indian students face some of the same issues. They seem to be excluded from this conversation.

Old 06-30-2023, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Says you watch Chariots of Fire and that university in the UK had a different ideal of what the goal was. After all Rhodes Scholarships are not based upon a math test alone
They are for draft dodgers like Bill Clinton to hide from being drafted to go to Vietnam. He lost his scholarship later when he was accused of raping a student and the administration told him to leave.

Old 06-30-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Can we all agree on this: Thank goodness Joe Biden is not sitting on the Supreme Court. The guy has gotten this and just about every other policy decision totally wrong.

“Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”
-Joe Biden

and regarding desegregation of schools, Biden co-authored anti-integration bills! These are facts, Jack!

Don't believe me, read this article from NBC News - 2019
Joe Biden didn't just compromise with segregationists. He fought for their cause in schools, experts say.
Joe Biden helped give America the language that is still used to oppose school integration today, legislative and education history experts say.

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this.”
-Joe Biden
Clarence Thomas is getting his revenge on Joe Biden who tried to "high tech lynch" him during his confirmation hearings for the Supreme Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies