Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2023, 09:55 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Here's a better way [b]“My niece is trans but the rest of my family is NOT as am I, and I have a gay cousin, who is also NOT. Plus we have a dog and a cat that are not trans-gender.. whatever that even means."

So how and why did these new terms arise?

Here was the dilemma:
People who want to be accepted and percieved as the opposite sex must first claim a 'gender identity' as the 'other' even though most everyone else does NOT identify as a sex but merely acknowledges their sex, much like their height or age.
So the prefix 'trans' was used as an ideological prop to the word gender as the first step towards the goal.. that of obtaining the opposite sex-status. (Never mind that trans ideology first declared that sex was not a binary but a spectrum... the whole trans argument is self-contradictory, linguistically incoherent and irrational to the bone!)

Then using the newly minted term 'cis-gender' gives the opposite, 'trans-gender', a validity and credence which it does not deserve.
But why not?
Because gender identity does NOT exist.
THAT is why cis-gender is offensive.
That's the way postmodernists roll... they sprinkle a few sciencey words into their drivel to give it an air of authority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2023, 09:59 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
And at one time the aforementioned N-Word wasn't considered a slur and was commonly used.

And so how do you know if someone doesn't like it? Before you start to talk to someone do you say "Hey, do you mind if I use the term "cis" or "cisgender"?

Perhaps...
Because I read people’s responses to posts.

Old 07-02-2023, 10:08 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,919,101 times
I'm not easily offended by someone who is delusional and mentally challenged.

Old 07-02-2023, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
“ A cisgender person has a gender identity that matches their sex assigned at birth. A person whose sex was assigned male at birth and identifies as a boy or a man, or someone whose sex was assigned female at birth and identifies as a girl or a woman, is considered cisgender. Wikipedia”

I reject the idea that people have a gender identity. I reject to the idea that sex is assigned at birth. I don’t believe in this nonsense and by calling people like me who don’t believe in this, cisgender, you and your allies are being disrespectful.

Call us women, girls, men, boys. Not cisgender.
So you’re a protected class now?

People that don’t believe in gender identity, asking people who do to change their language so their feelings aren’t hurt, because it’s disrespectful.

Hmmmm.

I guess the shoe really hurts when it’s on the other foot.

Old 07-02-2023, 10:17 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Words come and go. As we were taught at school, sticks and stones……

Old 07-02-2023, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Here's a better way [b]“My niece is trans but the rest of my family is NOT as am I, and I have a gay cousin, who is also NOT. Plus we have a dog and a cat that are not trans-gender.. whatever that even means."

So how and why did these new terms arise?

Here was the dilemma:
People who want to be accepted and percieved as the opposite sex must first claim a 'gender identity' as the 'other' even though most everyone else does NOT identify as a sex but merely acknowledges their sex, much like their height or age.
So the prefix 'trans' was used as an ideological prop to the word gender as the first step towards the goal.. that of obtaining the opposite sex-status. (Never mind that trans ideology first declared that sex was not a binary but a spectrum... the whole trans argument is self-contradictory, linguistically incoherent and irrational to the bone!)

Then using the newly minted term 'cis-gender' gives the opposite, 'trans-gender', a validity and credence which it does not deserve.
But why not?
THAT is why cis-gender is offensive.
I disagree.

Isn’t the world a lovely place?

Old 07-03-2023, 12:19 AM

2,965 posts, read 3,533,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
"Trans" people don't exist. Men pretending to be women and women pretending to be men exist. There is no such thing as trans.

"Cis" people don't exist. Men exist and women exist. There is no such thing as cis.

Very occasionally, hermaphrodites exist. These people are born with testicular and ovarian tissue and are true intersex individuals.
Your logic classifies you as a bigot my friend. I'm going to inform my local Democrat party about your bigotry! JK

Old 07-03-2023, 12:52 AM

17,431 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So you’re a protected class now?

People that don’t believe in gender identity, asking people who do to change their language so their feelings aren’t hurt, because it’s disrespectful.

Hmmmm.

I guess the shoe really hurts when it’s on the other foot.
The mentally ill can call themselves whatever they'd like. They just don't get to make me cosign their delusion - either by what they want me to call them, or what they want to call me.

Nope.

Old 07-03-2023, 01:34 AM

41,967 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
I don’t believe in gender identity ideology so forcing me to accept a gender identity for myself is not ok..
Who's forcing you?
Quote:
I reject to the idea that sex is assigned at birth.
You reject chromosomes?
Quote:
Millions of people would say otherwise. So does that mean you have no gender identity?

Old 07-03-2023, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The mentally ill can call themselves whatever they'd like. They just don't get to make me cosign their delusion - either by what they want me to call them, or what they want to call me.

Nope.
I love the arrogance of this sentiment, “co-sign their delusion”. It’s expressed a lot on this forum.

You could take away the ability of trans people to use words, you could make it illegal to use their preferred pronouns, you could close every bathroom in town, fire them from jobs, put them all in institutions - and they’d still be trans.

They don’t need you to co-sign anything, they’ll be who they are with or without your approval.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies