Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2023, 09:32 AM

30,170 posts, read 18,763,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I don't, but I started binge watching the TV show "Ugly Betty" which used to be on ABC and they had this character named Alexis that is a transgender played by the very lovely Rebecca Romjin and I was surprised to see a lot of people posting comments like "how dare ABC hire a CIS woman to play a transgender". It makes me wonder if certain people were mad that Greg Kinnear played a gay man in "As Good As It Gets" or if they thought Zachary Quinto was a traitor for playing a straight man in "Heroes".
Well...................... you see................ in practice that term "cis" is NEVER used in a favorable fashion. It is a derogatory term used to describe normal people.

The very term "cis" is the opposite of "trans" in the designation of different stereo-isomers in chemistry. In that field, "cis" and "trans" are descriptions of an equal and natural phenomenon. Thus, the adoption of "cis" and "trans" to make the presumptions that changing one's gender is completely normal, natural, and is supported by science (just look at the "scientific" designations- "cis" and "trans")!

Sorry- there is nothing normal about disfiguring yourself surgically and destroying who you are. If one considers this "normal", here is something else to consider. "Gender dysphoria" and confusion can and has been successfully treated with ANTI-PSYCHOTICS. Now......... anti-psychotics are used, of course, to treat schizophrenia and other mental disorders. If anti-psychotics can cure and reverse "gender dysphoria", is not a condition of the mentally ill?

I DO NOT use anti-psychotics to treat my high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol; I use meds designated for that purpose. Similarly, the MENTAL ILLNESS of gender dysphoria is treated with anti-psychotics (among other things). The DSM III and DSM IV have called transgenderism a mental illness. DSM IV changed "transsexual to gender dysphoria"; the double edged sword of this, as treatment is described, is the tacit designation of gender dysphoria as a mental illness, otherwise no treatment should be offered or recognized. We should not celebrate and normalize the mentally ill, lest we seek and hope for our society to become mentally ill and expand this condition in our populace no more than we should try to support and preserve small pox in the community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2023, 09:40 AM

6,432 posts, read 2,755,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I love the arrogance of this sentiment, “co-sign their delusion”. It’s expressed a lot on this forum.

You could take away the ability of trans people to use words, you could make it illegal to use their preferred pronouns, you could close every bathroom in town, fire them from jobs, put them all in institutions - and they’d still be trans.

They don’t need you to co-sign anything, they’ll be who they are with or without your approval.
Preferred Pronouns were never "Preferred". That is just another redefining of terms that the Left does. A person's "preferred" pronouns are pronouns that they force you to use, and if you don't you are called a transphobe. In many cases that would be enough to get you fired from a job. Many Governments are looking at fining or putting you in prison for failing to use these "Preferred" pronouns.

So yes "cis" is another word that is being forced on people to accept. Where eventually if you don't accept it you will suffer the consequences.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:40 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,809,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The very term "cis" is the opposite of "trans" in the designation of different stereo-isomers in chemistry. In that field, "cis" and "trans" are descriptions of an equal and natural phenomenon. Thus, the adoption of "cis" and "trans" to make the presumptions that changing one's gender is completely normal, natural, and is supported by science (just look at the "scientific" designations- "cis" and "trans")
Bingo.

The label is about normalizing trans and making it seem like there are two equally valid types of men and women, trans and cis. Sorry but transowmen are not women. Transmen are not men. They just aren’t.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:45 AM

38,281 posts, read 22,312,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by run forest run View Post
No, I don't care and I am so sick and tired of this topic. I literally never hear or see anything LGBT related unless I'm on the internet. People need to find something more important to complain about
Stick your head in the sand then.
Not everyone can do so

Many of us refuse to ignore the twisted reality that the left want to impose on the nation. Other people here have children or grandchildren, that they do not want to see permanently harm their bodies. When some government run entity, like a public school, has convinced the child to do so, and the government prevented the parents from protecting their child.

Old 07-04-2023, 12:56 PM

1,719 posts, read 738,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbesian123 View Post
Agreed. It's pretty nuts. The silent majority understands this and will likely start voting accordingly.

What's truly tragic is all the damage that "trans activists" have done to the gay rights movement. Most of my gay friends think their social-progress has been set back by 20 years or more.
Yes. My gay friends say this, too. As do my straight friends.

Old 07-04-2023, 02:01 PM

10,586 posts, read 4,116,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well...................... you see................ in practice that term "cis" is NEVER used in a favorable fashion. It is a derogatory term used to describe normal people.

The very term "cis" is the opposite of "trans" in the designation of different stereo-isomers in chemistry. In that field, "cis" and "trans" are descriptions of an equal and natural phenomenon. Thus, the adoption of "cis" and "trans" to make the presumptions that changing one's gender is completely normal, natural, and is supported by science (just look at the "scientific" designations- "cis" and "trans")!

Sorry- there is nothing normal about disfiguring yourself surgically and destroying who you are. If one considers this "normal", here is something else to consider. "Gender dysphoria" and confusion can and has been successfully treated with ANTI-PSYCHOTICS. Now......... anti-psychotics are used, of course, to treat schizophrenia and other mental disorders. If anti-psychotics can cure and reverse "gender dysphoria", is not a condition of the mentally ill?

I DO NOT use anti-psychotics to treat my high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol; I use meds designated for that purpose. Similarly, the MENTAL ILLNESS of gender dysphoria is treated with anti-psychotics (among other things). The DSM III and DSM IV have called transgenderism a mental illness. DSM IV changed "transsexual to gender dysphoria"; the double edged sword of this, as treatment is described, is the tacit designation of gender dysphoria as a mental illness, otherwise no treatment should be offered or recognized. We should not celebrate and normalize the mentally ill, lest we seek and hope for our society to become mentally ill and expand this condition in our populace no more than we should try to support and preserve small pox in the community.
Want to see something that will make you mad. Just go on Google and research the term "CIS" and you will see all these dictionaries and scholars will say it's the gender assigned to you or what you were registered at birth. Why not just say it's the gender the person was born with? They try to act like "how dare doctors label this baby as a female or male???" I wonder what autopsy reports are going to look like when this stuff really takes hold of the professional world?

Old 07-04-2023, 07:31 PM

43,433 posts, read 18,540,239 times
Quote:
Want to see something that will make you mad. Just go on Google and research the term "CIS" and you will see all these dictionaries and scholars will say it's the gender assigned to you or what you were registered at birth. Why not just say it's the gender the person was born with? They try to act like "how dare doctors label this baby as a female or male???" I wonder what autopsy reports are going to look like when this stuff really takes hold of the professional world?
All the dictionaries got changed.

Go google a dictionary from "time long past" to see the original definition. Just put a year in the search, I found one with no mention of the progressives' change to the word.

Old 07-04-2023, 07:53 PM

13,609 posts, read 10,027,702 times
Quote:

Dictionaries try to act like they’re mad at doctors?

Goodness.

Old 07-05-2023, 12:05 PM

37,281 posts, read 19,299,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
All the dictionaries got changed.

Go google a dictionary from "time long past" to see the original definition. Just put a year in the search, I found one with no mention of the progressives' change to the word.
Breaking: The English language continues to evolve.

Details at eleven.

If dictionaries make you mad, you have bigger issues than what people call themselves.

Old 07-05-2023, 12:08 PM

5,123 posts, read 2,178,795 times
Really conveying my best Mike Spicoli moment on this topic….”I don’t know!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies