Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2023, 02:34 PM

38,281 posts, read 22,312,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Who am I bullying?

Trans people exist. Transwomen are males who would like to be females and vice versa. Transwomen exist but a man can never become an actual women or vice versa. That’s not bigotry, that’s just the truth.

I know several trans people as well. One is very normal. The rest have other issues going on.

The trans activists relentlessly bully women for doing things like advocating for sex segregated bathrooms, locker rooms, shelters, prisons, sports, etc. If you want to call me a bully for standing up for my daughters and my privacy and safety, fairness, and the truth as a woman, as a mom, feel free but it’s not accurate.
This entire trans movement is insane.

For starters, how can a man be a transwoman, when trans-activists cannot even define what the hell a woman is.

For another reason why this is insane, is a so called transwoman could be a man yesterday, and claim to be a transwoman today, having done absolutely nothing else besides simply stating "I'm a woman."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2023, 02:40 PM

38,281 posts, read 22,312,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
"offensive"

I don't know if that's really the right term.

It is Maoist. That makes it incredibly dangerous.

The entire intersectional bent we see in popular culture is an attempt to drive to a Maoist approach. The full intent is to get rid of anything that opposes the political desires of the ultra left.

The sad thing is most people who are generally on the left dont see this danger and they are in fact part of the target.
The Marxist left want to be able to turn whatever portions of culture, traditions, language or law, on its head, and then demand all of the rest of the world must stop what we are doing, adopt the left's terms and views, and we should overturn thousands of years of life as we know it, or else we are the bad people, and we need to be punished.

Old 07-03-2023, 03:53 PM

13,609 posts, read 10,027,702 times
Quote:
No one is trying to force trans people from using whatever pronouns they want, we just don’t want to have to also use ridiculous pronouns or call people by made up names.
Ok we’re going to do this literally, are we? I was illustrating a point, I said “you could” do those things, and people would still be trans. Meaning regardless of what you do or don’t “cosign” being trans is not dependent on external validation.

But ok, the pronoun thing. By definition, pronouns are what other people use, not yourself. I don’t say “she FinsterRufus” I say “I FinsterRufus”.

Pronouns are not self administered. They require use by a third party, so you are in control of that language, not the trans person. So when “we” (whom are you speaking for?) don’t want to use them, “we” have effectively erased their use altogether.

Now you may be happy with that, but for a trans person that has to be at work or school for hours a day being called the opposite pronoun, it’s kinda hellish. And humiliating. I don’t know why, if you’re taking some kind of high road, you’d want to treat people that way.

There was just a bill in Florida passed July 1 that prohibits school staff from sharing their pronoun at school if they use one that doesn’t match their bio sex. They are also not allowed to use student’s pronouns. In all grades, at all schools. So for teachers at least, and students, custodial and administrative support staff, it’s now effectively illegal to call people by their pronoun of choice.

So you’re incorrect about “no one is trying to force trans people from using whatever pronouns they want”.

They most certainly are, and where one red state goes, the others follow.

Quote:
No one trying to keep them from using bathrooms either, we just want them to use them based on their biology or have single stall unisex options available.

“We” just? Yes you “just” want, for example, a trans man (transitioned female) to share a bathroom with women, looking a 100% a man. Who had no reason to use the women’s bathroom until now in Florida, for example, where it is a criminal offence to use the bathroom (in a wide range of buildings, parks, rest stops, schools, etc) of the opposite sex.

That’s going to go well.

Until these bathroom ban bills were floated, around the time Caitlyn Jenner came out and trans panic ensued, the bathroom issue was non existent, except for a few isolated instances. But ya just had to start banning people from bathrooms, which effectively started this entire brouhaha.

Quote:
No one is trying to get them fired or put them in institutions either.

Perhaps not. But never say never. I mean what do you think is going to be the end result of constantly labelling people mentally ill, delusional, and insane?

And before you take this so very literally, I mean labelling in the general sense, as has been exhibited many times in this thread alone.

Old 07-03-2023, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Why?
People seem to constantly conflate GENDER with SEX!

Sex, as a noun, refers to the reproductive class of a member of an anisogamous species.
Two gametes --> TWO sexes. (Show me the third gamete and we'll talk.)

Sex, as a verb, refers to behavior.
We all know what that means... I hope.
And gays and straights have no problem agreeing about who is who.

Gender is the social construct that loosely describes the attitudes, dress, mannerisms and physical attributes typical of one sex vs. the others. IOW sex role stereotypes.
They were once extremely rigid until Feminism loosened them up a lot.
But now they're more restrictive than ever after TRAs put them on steroids and throttled them back twice-fold!

That is why Transgenderism is the most reactionary force in the west and bears an uncanny resemblance to the Taliban who happily kill homosexuals .. unless they agree to trans-the-gay-away.

Have I got your attention now?
Gender roles have been rolled back to pre feminist rigidity (doubly) because of transgender activists?

Is that what you’re saying?

Old 07-03-2023, 04:21 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,809,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Ok we’re going to do this literally, are we? I was illustrating a point, I said “you could” do those things, and people would still be trans. Meaning regardless of what you do or don’t “cosign” being trans is not dependent on external validation.

But ok, the pronoun thing. By definition, pronouns are what other people use, not yourself. I don’t say “she FinsterRufus” I say “I FinsterRufus”.

Pronouns are not self administered. They require use by a third party, so you are in control of that language, not the trans person. So when “we” (whom are you speaking for?) don’t want to use them, “we” have effectively erased their use altogether.

Now you may be happy with that, but for a trans person that has to be at work or school for hours a day being called the opposite pronoun, it’s kinda hellish. And humiliating. I don’t know why, if you’re taking some kind of high road, you’d want to treat people that way.

There was just a bill in Florida passed July 1 that prohibits school staff from sharing their pronoun at school if they use one that doesn’t match their bio sex. They are also not allowed to use student’s pronouns. In all grades, at all schools. So for teachers at least, and students, custodial and administrative support staff, it’s now effectively illegal to call people by their pronoun of choice.

So you’re incorrect about “no one is trying to force trans people from using whatever pronouns they want”.

They most certainly are, and where one red state goes, the others follow.

“We” just? Yes you “just” want, for example, a trans man (transitioned female) to share a bathroom with women, looking a 100% a man. Who had no reason to use the women’s bathroom until now in Florida, for example, where it is a criminal offence to use the bathroom (in a wide range of buildings, parks, rest stops, schools, etc) of the opposite sex.

That’s going to go well.

Until these bathroom ban bills were floated, around the time Caitlyn Jenner came out and trans panic ensued, the bathroom issue was non existent, except for a few isolated instances. But ya just had to start banning people from bathrooms, which effectively started this entire brouhaha.

Perhaps not. But never say never. I mean what do you think is going to be the end result of constantly labelling people mentally ill, delusional, and insane?

And before you take this so very literally, I mean labelling in the general sense, as has been exhibited many times in this thread alone.

I don’t want to share a bathroom or locker room or changing room with males. I don’t want my kids to have to share a bathroom, a locker room or changing room with males. Calling a male, “she” may seem harmless enough until you realize it is exactly what has led to males being given access to women’s places that were previously segregated by sex. Pretending males can be women is not risk free thing to do even if you’re just trying to be nice. A very stereotypical female thing to do, “be nice”. You want to put trans women first and by doing so you trample all over women. It’s not nice.

Old 07-03-2023, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Moreover, “cis” does not mean “not trans.” It means “on this side.” That’s the problem. It’s about one group being on one side, another group being on another side. It subdivides the category of “women.”

I have no problem with someone referring to me as a non-trans woman, if necessary. But “cis”? No thank you. That’s creating and putting me into a group/side without my permission because the group “trans” exists It qualifies and, even, erases my identity as a “woman.”

If a trans woman wants to be categorized as a woman, then she should refer to herself as a “trans woman” or, simply, a woman. I would then consider her as part of the group “women” and welcome her to the club But don’t put a label on me without my permission because someone has done that to you.
I appreciate your stance.

Fair enough.

I don’t see it that way (regarding cisgender) personally but I respect that you do.

Old 07-03-2023, 05:14 PM

1,719 posts, read 738,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

For starters, how can a man be a transwoman, when trans-activists cannot even define what the hell a woman is.

For another reason why this is insane, is a so called transwoman could be a man yesterday, and claim to be a transwoman today, having done absolutely nothing else besides simply stating "I'm a woman."
Bingo! And well said.

Old 07-04-2023, 08:06 AM

176 posts, read 70,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

Agreed. It's pretty nuts. The silent majority understands this and will likely start voting accordingly.

What's truly tragic is all the damage that "trans activists" have done to the gay rights movement. Most of my gay friends think their social-progress has been set back by 20 years or more.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:16 AM

30,170 posts, read 18,763,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by run forest run View Post
No, I don't care and I am so sick and tired of this topic. I literally never hear or see anything LGBT related unless I'm on the internet. People need to find something more important to complain about
Well.................... when we complain about Joe Biden committing treason for his personal gain and the DOJ and FBI participating in obstruction of justice like a democrat gestapo, no one seems to care or do anything about it!

Why SHOULD we care? Over the last fifty years, society has taken a hard lurch to the left, destroying traditional American icons- the family, the church, and the middle class. The transgender issues are just a continuing assault on the family unit and the fabric of society. Labeling normal people by an artificial title and accepting it LENDS CREDENCE TO THEIR AGENDA AND AS TACIT SUPPORT OF THE SYSTEM THEY SEE AS NORMAL, not the rest of society.

"Cis" is a term harbored by the LGBTQ crowd as a derogatory designation to normal individuals it would be the same if I developed the term "DIPSH*TS) as a new designation for transgenders:

"Designated Individual Pronouns Some Have In Their Speech"

There- I created this to describe others without their consent and demand that they accept this designation to avoid my personal offense and demand my recognition in society.

How would these "pronoun" people like being called "Dipsh*ts"?

Old 07-04-2023, 09:23 AM

10,586 posts, read 4,116,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
With the hundreds of genders the liberals have made up, they have this "cis" designation for normal people.

Gays have objected to the slurs used to describe gays, yet appear to be quite pleased at generating insulting labels to categorize other people.

Does anyone else find the term "cis" to be insulting and not a favorable label conferred by the "LGBTQ or whatever" community?

Also, why in the world does someone need to wear their sexuality on their shirt sleeve? Most people I know defined themselves by their occupation, education, family, or devotion to some special interest or talent, but NOT SEXUALITY. Is this pre-occupation with sexuality as a defining part of one's being healthy?
I don't, but I started binge watching the TV show "Ugly Betty" which used to be on ABC and they had this character named Alexis that is a transgender played by the very lovely Rebecca Romjin and I was surprised to see a lot of people posting comments like "how dare ABC hire a CIS woman to play a transgender". It makes me wonder if certain people were mad that Greg Kinnear played a gay man in "As Good As It Gets" or if they thought Zachary Quinto was a traitor for playing a straight man in "Heroes".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies