Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2023, 08:14 AM

1,719 posts, read 741,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I don't acknowledge or respond to its use as a gender qualifier.
Neither do I.

Nor do I acknowledge the terms "birthing person," "chest feeder," etc.

Nor do I consider or refer to "transwomen" as "she" or "transmen" as "he."

They're merely made-up words to bolster disturbed people who are currently coddled and fawned over, because such people are currently fashionable.

The next fads will be trans-species, followed by trans-planetaries.

Humankind has a long history of mass delusions.

This present delusion will pass. As will the future ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2023, 08:18 AM

17,889 posts, read 14,906,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh for goodness’ sake. Such snowflakery.

Homosexual:Heterosexual
Disabled:Able bodied
Gay:Straight
Neurodivergent:Neurotypical
Transgender:Cisgender

It’s a word to describe the opposite majority, by the minority in question, to differentiate who they’re talking about, without using the word “normal”.

Anyone can use a word in a derogatory manner, depending on the context. The more Elon et al flap about offended by it, the more they’re going to yank their chains.
The true opposite of transgender is sane.

Old 07-01-2023, 08:18 AM

5,993 posts, read 2,926,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
what is a cis
A normal human that likes the opposite sex and can have children to continue the human race.Other "groups "are dead ends in evolution.

Old 07-01-2023, 08:23 AM

13,658 posts, read 10,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
No, they’re not—they’re labels. And they’re labels used by one group of people to refer to another without their permission. The trans community is trying to normalize the term “cis” without the permission of the group of people to whom the term is applied. That is what makes the term offensive.

Moreover, “neurotypical” is not the same as “someone who isn’t neurodivergent.” Using the term “neurotypical” (or any of the terms you cited as non-normative) is offensive when used by those who are neurodivergent to describe people who are not like them, especially when it is not a term with which a non-neurodivergent person uses to describe themselves.

For example, when a Black person refers to a White person, it isn’t usually offensive because the White person self-identifies as “white.” But many people do not refer to themselves as “cis,” which means that others should not refer to them that way either.
The woman that coined the term cis wasn’t transgender.

It means the opposite of trans.

Nothing more than that.

It’s not meant to be offensive. Is heterosexual offensive?

(I understand it could be used offensively, but anything can be).

Non trans people and non neurodiverse people have no need to refer to themselves as anything, cis or otherwise, as they're “the norm”.

But that’s a thought provoking post, thanks for that POV.

Old 07-01-2023, 08:31 AM

13,658 posts, read 10,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
So there you have it.
They (Transgender) don't want to call anyone who's not Transgender, what they really are normal. So they make up a BS word, to make themselves feel empowered.
Normal is not synonymous with superior and not normal is not synonymous with worthless.

Old 07-01-2023, 08:33 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,833,167 times
Quote:
It’s not a replacement term for women or men, it’s a term for people that don’t have gender incongruence.

You don’t need to use it. It wasn’t coined for you.
The vast majority of people don’t have gender incongruence and the tiny fraction who do are called trans. There is zero reason to add “cis” to the terms man and woman.

ObviouslyI won’t be using the term but obviously it was coined for me as a woman who is not transgender and it’s totally unnecessary obnoxious term used by activists and people who like to believe that being a woman is just a feeling or a vibe.

Old 07-01-2023, 08:39 AM

20,890 posts, read 4,586,747 times
Quote:
Normal is not synonymous with superior and not normal is not synonymous with worthless.
I never said it was.

Old 07-01-2023, 08:40 AM

5,253 posts, read 3,837,452 times
Since I'm not a snowflake I could not care less.

Old 07-01-2023, 08:40 AM

35,831 posts, read 21,217,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
With the hundreds of genders the liberals have made up, they have this "cis" designation for normal people.

Gays have objected to the slurs used to describe gays, yet appear to be quite pleased at generating insulting labels to categorize other people.

Does anyone else find the term "cis" to be insulting and not a favorable label conferred by the "LGBTQ or whatever" community?

Also, why in the world does someone need to wear their sexuality on their shirt sleeve? Most people I know defined themselves by their occupation, education, family, or devotion to some special interest or talent, but NOT SEXUALITY. Is this pre-occupation with sexuality as a defining part of one's being healthy?
Blame to bully’s and haters. Who is getting beat up, ridiculed, excluded, and even killed? One set of peoples can’t play well with others. Who are those exactly?

Old 07-01-2023, 08:42 AM

17,686 posts, read 17,895,244 times
<sarcasm> yes and I want a law passed making it a felony to call someone this punishable by jail time and $10,000 fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies