Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2023, 03:34 PM
SFX

1,646 posts, read 903,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
There are "allahu akbar" cries during destruction of property, and a lot of *moral support* out there, with reminders of "how unjustly" they were treated during colonial times.
And we all know that two wrongs make a right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2023, 03:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
And you can call them "French" but they are Arabs that stick to their own, and to their own culture.

I suspect that French women first of all don't recognize them as being "French."

I know I wouldn't.
If you are French citizens, then who are you to insist they are not French?

Old 07-03-2023, 05:24 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,629,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you are French citizens, then who are you to insist they are not French?

"Being a French citizen" and "being French" are not one and the same thing.

To me ( as a woman) - I see a big difference between a Frenchman and an Algerian being born in France. Islamic culture/mentality makes all the difference.

And they usually stick with their own.

Old 07-04-2023, 03:32 AM

30,540 posts, read 19,288,082 times
Quote:
"Being a French citizen" and "being French" are not one and the same thing.

To me ( as a woman) - I see a big difference between a Frenchman and an Algerian being born in France. Islamic culture/mentality makes all the difference.

And they usually stick with their own.
France has tried to assimilate a culture that is at odds with many of the traditional values of the French and it clearly has not gone well. I think it's going to be a never ending battle for control of the country. The Muslims plan is to out baby and immigrate to become a majority and then France may as well be another Middle Eastern country forevermore. I think the Muslims will eventually consume France.

Old 07-04-2023, 07:59 AM

2,344 posts, read 974,342 times
Quote:
Perhaps Africans should stay out of France, once their colonizers left them in peace and left them to their own devices.

Why running after the French and moving into the land of the "oppressors?"
After they totally f’d them over.

Old 07-04-2023, 08:16 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,110,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
No it’s the opposite. Legally France has very few minorities. They don’t document race. While France has illegal immigrants they’re not disproportionately Algerian. Because France used to have over 2 million ethnically French people in Algeria and Algeria was officially part of France under colonization. So because of this tons of French people moved back to France but tons of Berber/Arabs moved as well because once you’re literally a part of France, even if your not a citizen it’s very easy to move. Of course Algeria is an independent country now but the history between it an France is extremely strong. Stronger than most Colony/Colonizer relationships.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algerians_in_France

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europeans_in_Algeria

For example the half-Algerian population in France is massive.

Kylian Mbappe is the most famous one.
But the most famous French Algerian of all time Zinedine Zidane also has a French wife and thus half-Algerian kids.
Kylian Mbappé is a full-blown French citizen however he is not half-French, half-Algerian ethnically. He is half-Cameroonian, half-Algerian.

Zinédine Zidane is fully Algerian ethnically descended from both his parents.

More specifically, both Zidane and Mbappé's Algerian roots are in the Kabyle ethnic minority which makes up about 15% of Algeria's population. The Kabyle's language is Berber, and they often known as Berbers as well.

About three quarters of Algeria's population is made up of Arabs.

Old 07-04-2023, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I too thought the shooting was excessive until I read that he was running red lights and that pedestrians were at risk. Also he stole the car he was driving and had no license.
The car was not stolen. It had been rented by one of the passengers who were inside it with him.

He did not have a licence but I assume the cops did not know this when they intercepted him.

He was driving like a maniac, speeding down the wrong way of city streets at high speeds, running red lights and he almost ran over a pedestrian and a cyclist before he got stuck in traffic which is when the cops got a chance to get off their motorbikes and approached the driver's window.

He has a prior history of run-ins with the police, with somewhere between 15-25 incidents depending on the accounts I have read.

No official criminal record though I think this might be related to the fact that he was a minor being not yet 18 years old.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:05 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,659,304 times
Quote:
Judging by what I see so far - it is very much race riot.

There are "allahu akbar" cries during destruction of property, and a lot of *moral support* out there, with reminders of "how unjustly" they were treated during colonial times.
No, not race. Ethicity. Big difference. Allahu akbar or any other of a hundred other way to say it is the mantle of jihadi types which makes it religious ethnicity. That may seem like splitting hairs but it's not. What we had here in the US in 2020 were race riots. Or that was the excuse anyway.

France and much of the rest of Europe and certainly the UK have been another Mecca for Islamists for a long time. Just not a Mecca to pray. One to become martyrs. Europe has way more problems with Islamists than even the US does. They like picking on Europe and the UK. Goes back to the Crusades that grudge does .It's interesting examining the way Islamawackos think and wondering just what really motivates them when looking at their hijinks across the pond.

Not even religious fanatics are all motivated strictly by "serving" whatever gods they prostrate themselves for. Islamists may well have the highest percentage of real true believers amongst their ranks however. But Islamists are not a "race." Arabs are not a "race.". Strictly speaking race wise they are "White" I guess. Though "Asian" possibly works as well. Not really relevant as this ugliness in France is not racially motivated.

Sheesh the neo left and before them the original "liberal" left here in the US has been yowling for a long time how we need to copy Europe and the UK in our societal and political culture cuz they are so much more enlightened and every other foo foo trait that leftists value. The Islamowacko power centers where all their HMFIC Imam's and Ayatollahs have their uplinks to Allah and the prophet have beem pimping out that the US is the "great Satan" for a while now and their followers are certainly ready to march to martyrdom killing Americans but they seem to relish killing UK and European folks every bit as much.

That is a feud that way predates even the germ of a thought about a country called the United States of America. LOL it predates even the thought that these lands we live on now even existed. So an excuse to set France on fire didn't even need to amount to French cops ghosting an Arab "juvenile" hard case. Much less would have sufficed.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:08 AM

30,540 posts, read 19,288,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
The car was not stolen. It had been rented by one of the passengers who were inside it with him.

He did not have a licence but I assume the cops did not know this when they intercepted him.

He was driving like a maniac, speeding down the wrong way of city streets at high speeds, running red lights and he almost ran over a pedestrian and a cyclist before he got stuck in traffic which is when the cops got a chance to get off their motorbikes and approached the driver's window.

He has a prior history of run-ins with the police, with somewhere between 15-25 incidents depending on the accounts I have read.

No official criminal record though I think this might be related to the fact that he was a minor being not yet 18 years old.
So these "mostly peaceful" riots are not because the cops tracked down and shot a law abiding brown person because of his color and a member of the religion of peace?

Old 07-04-2023, 01:59 PM

While there have been some rioters who have shouted allahu akhbar (likely something these people do all the time), there is no over-arching religious angle to this, neither for the police shooting nor for the riots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies