Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2023, 08:08 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,619,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
Sure, easy google search.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1402941001/

From the article, direct quote - "Republicans, in fact, have repeatedly tried to make birth control pills available without a prescription, only to face opposition from . . . Democrats and Planned Parenthood".
and there it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2023, 08:23 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,610,366 times
More things should be OTC so long as women are warned about the risks. There are many with these pills.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-14-2023, 08:23 AM

36,588 posts, read 30,928,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Exactly, and I would bet this is the number one reason it fails - user error. “But I took it every day!” People can’t be bothered to read directions to know this, though, and they also probably would ignore the adverse effects warnings. How many of us read the long info sheet attached to a prescription bag? I don’t…although I generally know what I’m getting into before I take it as I rarely take any drugs in the first place. The same cannot be said for all, but hopefully physicians are doing some of this reminding and informing both at the outset and annually.

All that said, I don’t have a problem with it being OTC. My goal is reducing abortions.
When I get prescriptions there is a three page insert in teeny tiny print, front and back, detailing the drug instructions, interactions and risks. I cant be the only person who does not read that cover to cover. I cant even read that tiny print with my reading glasses. Generally, I listen to the instructions the doctor/nurse and pharmacist tell me.

Old 07-14-2023, 08:44 AM

47,008 posts, read 26,056,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Nothing is free. Somebody pays for it.
Unwanted pregnancies are, like - really, really expensive.

Old 07-14-2023, 08:46 AM

47,008 posts, read 26,056,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
I think the right has manipulated the definition of abortion to suit their needs.
Yeah, no kidding.

Old 07-14-2023, 09:07 AM

89,118 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
When I get prescriptions there is a three page insert in teeny tiny print, front and back, detailing the drug instructions, interactions and risks. I cant be the only person who does not read that cover to cover. I cant even read that tiny print with my reading glasses. Generally, I listen to the instructions the doctor/nurse and pharmacist tell me.
It's only your health. Apparently, you're comfortable with risking it. Not all of us are so nonchalant and careless about our own well-being. /shrug

Old 07-14-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's only your health. Apparently, you're comfortable with risking it. Not all of us are so nonchalant and careless about our own well-being. /shrug
I can pretty much get the idea from the instructions from the doctor, pharmacist and what's written on the bottle. Also I can look up info online. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people do not read that entire insert and remember every word, probably no one.

Old 07-14-2023, 09:25 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,373,044 times
Quote:
I just read the instruction pages on my daughters pill. OMG, 4 pages of tiny tiny print, so difficult to read! Anyhow, instructions said to take one pill per day. That's it. It did give info if you skip a day (double up the next day). The bubble wrap (or whatever they call it) on the pill pack itself also just says take one pill per day.

I never read the instruction/interaction/etc. pages entirely on medications.

Old 07-14-2023, 09:45 AM

89,118 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
I can pretty much get the idea from the instructions from the doctor, pharmacist and what's written on the bottle. Also I can look up info online. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people do not read that entire insert and remember every word, probably no one.
Like I said, it's anyone's prerogative to be irresponsible with their own health and well-being. That's frequently referred to as winning a Darwin Award.

Old 07-14-2023, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
I just read the instruction pages on my daughters pill. OMG, 4 pages of tiny tiny print, so difficult to read! Anyhow, instructions said to take one pill per day. That's it. It did give info if you skip a day (double up the next day). The bubble wrap (or whatever they call it) on the pill pack itself also just says take one pill per day.

I never read the instruction/interaction/etc. pages entirely on medications.
I dont think anyone does except InformedConsent.
All that tiny writing is to cover their Arse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies