Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2023, 07:20 AM

50,886 posts, read 36,586,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Ok I just read some updates:

1. Reports say it’s impossible to schedule a same day tour of the DMZ. It takes at least 3 days to get on a tour.

2. This guy was a massive troublemaker: assaulting Koreans, cursing out Korean police, and breaking Korean police property.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...Korean%20media.

3. This guy “laughed” before running to North Korea. Might as well keep
him there now.

4. The big question will be when and how he was able to get on a tour, allegedly on the same day.

5. Maybe it’s time to close that silly tour, before other folks get a bright idea.

I was thinking he just kind of joined in with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2023, 07:22 AM

50,886 posts, read 36,586,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Coven View Post
He is black? I don't think that the Norkies will tolerate much anti-Asian behavior.

I agree with your second part, but I don't see what him being black has to do with it. I don't think they hate black people there, at least Kim doesn't since he's besties with Dennis Rodman.

I do think he's going to get in trouble there, he can't seem to help it or maybe he has a drinking problem, but if he starts anything there he'll be sorry.

Old 07-20-2023, 07:40 AM

73,067 posts, read 62,694,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Coven View Post
He is black? I don't think that the Norkies will tolerate much anti-Asian behavior.
Who cares what race/ethnicity he is? I don't. Why do you? And what makes you think he personally has anti-Asian attitudes?

Look, his behavior is reprehensible. However, race has nothing to do with this.

Old 07-20-2023, 08:16 AM

1,572 posts, read 913,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Who cares what race/ethnicity he is? I don't. Why do you? And what makes you think he personally has anti-Asian attitudes?

Look, his behavior is reprehensible. However, race has nothing to do with this.
Dude, get a TV. Have you not seen the THOUSANDS of videos from the past 3 years showing blacks assaulting, maiming, murdering, beating, robbing Asian people, old and young from sea to shining sea?

Old 07-20-2023, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
Dude, get a TV. Have you not seen the THOUSANDS of videos from the past 3 years showing blacks assaulting, maiming, murdering, beating, robbing Asian people, old and young from sea to shining sea?
This was a U.S. soldier trying to run from justice. He picked the cowardly way out and ran to North Korea. This has nothing to do with the Black on Asian violence in America. This has to do with a soldier running from justice, military justice. No one was thinking about race until they found out it was a Black guy. If you want to talk about "How horrible and violent Black people are", there are other threads for that. This is not one of them.

Old 07-20-2023, 08:55 AM

24,673 posts, read 9,493,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I was thinking he just kind of joined in with them?
Maybe, but that’s not possible according to reports. Reports by people who were on the actual tour with the defecting soldier.

Old 07-20-2023, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
No. He will be well treated and paraded around as the American who walked away from us and embraced north korean life.
And he likely figures this will be the case. It's not the military punishment he faces that will be daunting. It's what happens AFTER. If you have a dishonorable discharge and you served time in a military prison, that's it. No more owning a gun. No more voting. And you have to put that dishonorable discharge on job applications. This means alot of places you can't get a job. That soldier likely knew what he was facing in the future as a consequence of his actions. For that reason, in his mind, being a propaganda tool seemed like an option to him.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:07 AM

23,582 posts, read 17,258,837 times
Well, Trump got NK to return the remains of US servicemen from the Korean war.

In time, when Trump gets re-elected, this guy's remains will be returned.

Wonder if the dems will harvest his vote in time for the 2024 election?

Old 07-20-2023, 09:11 AM

24,673 posts, read 9,493,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I agree with your second part, but I don't see what him being black has to do with it. I don't think they hate black people there, at least Kim doesn't since he's besties with Dennis Rodman.
This is a random black guy, not a famous, rich, former NBA athlete. Big difference.

Asians in general are indifferent to blacks, as they much prefer whites if they had to choose one.

The notion that North Korea is going to pamper a young black guy, beyond being a useful idiot for propaganda, is not reality.

Is Edward Sowden living in a mansion as a millionaire and driving a super car living like a rich Russian elite, just because the Russians took him in? Probably not.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:15 AM

234 posts, read 95,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This was a U.S. soldier trying to run from justice. He picked the cowardly way out and ran to North Korea. This has nothing to do with the Black on Asian violence in America. This has to do with a soldier running from justice, military justice. No one was thinking about race until they found out it was a Black guy. If you want to talk about "How horrible and violent Black people are", there are other threads for that. This is not one of them.
He was arrested in S. Korea for fighting the locals and being racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies