Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2023, 08:57 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,439,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's true....I wonder if it would still apply then? Guessing they'd get rid of the rule real fast in that case.
The Army eased their tattoo restrictions substantially last summer.

https://www.army.mil/article/257828/...ith_new_policy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2023, 09:24 AM

73,154 posts, read 62,851,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrmantraut View Post
Lol I don't think you have to worry. He's never coming back, or if he is it will be in a box or he will be braindead like the last fool. I wish there was released surveillance.
There is a point I was trying to make. I mentioned everything because I wanted to show that this is basically a lose-lose situation.

Old 07-23-2023, 09:31 AM

1,100 posts, read 436,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is a point I was trying to make. I mentioned everything because I wanted to show that this is basically a lose-lose situation.
Right. There is no winning with NK, not really. Getting KJU out of his hole was a start, but he won't ever disarm.

Old 07-23-2023, 09:43 AM

9,480 posts, read 11,239,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Sounds like they're preparing to do nothing. Defense Department says he wanted to defect to avoid discipline. Basically he's a traitor as far as they're concerned. State department concurs. He willfully and without authorization defected to North Korea. I mean, it's what they're saying publicly. Where NK isn't listening and determining what value they can likely get they might not be saying that.
Young troop isn't the sharpest knife in the rack, fershur. Plus he has criminal tendencies. He should fit right in.

Old 07-23-2023, 09:43 AM

73,154 posts, read 62,851,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrmantraut View Post
Right. There is no winning with NK, not really. Getting KJU out of his hole was a start, but he won't ever disarm.
I was talking about Travis King and that debacle. We leave him, he gets used as a propaganda prop. We bring him back to America, he might cause more havoc on society, given past violent behavior.

Old 07-23-2023, 09:47 AM

1,100 posts, read 436,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I was talking about Travis King and that debacle. We leave him, he gets used as a propaganda prop. We bring him back to America, he might cause more havoc on society, given past violent behavior.
I don't think we'll get him back. At least not alive or not a vegetable.

The idiot walked in there, I don't feel too sorry for him.

Like I said, I wish S. Korea would release surveillance bc you know they have it. I bet the NK soldiers snatched him up fast.

Old 07-23-2023, 09:49 AM

52,395 posts, read 52,882,832 times
I dont give a damn what happens to him. If I was a NK guy in charge I'd have two installed in the back of his head, never know, might be a spy, right?

Old 07-23-2023, 09:59 AM

24,647 posts, read 17,381,192 times
Well on NPR this morning they were talking about how we should negotiate to get him back....

The guy made his choice and I say good luck with that. Why should we give up anything to get him back when it is obvious he wanted to go to NK.

The ironic part is that whatever he was going to face in America as a disciplinary action for his crimes is nothing compared to how NK is going to treat him especially if they view him as a spy.

Old 07-23-2023, 01:17 PM

38,275 posts, read 22,300,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well on NPR this morning they were talking about how we should negotiate to get him back....

The guy made his choice and I say good luck with that. Why should we give up anything to get him back when it is obvious he wanted to go to NK.

The ironic part is that whatever he was going to face in America as a disciplinary action for his crimes is nothing compared to how NK is going to treat him especially if they view him as a spy.
He willingly crossed over to the North Korean side, to escape being criminally prosecuted by the military for assault charges. I say let him rot over there. He made his choice.

Not one once of effort should be expended to have him returned to the US. If North Korea wants to return him on their own, without any compensation by the US, that's fine. He will face a court-martial and most likely go to prison.

Old 07-23-2023, 02:36 PM

61,995 posts, read 87,653,804 times
Some update posted here. And timeline just before he crossed the border:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/mili...l#post65588313

Interesting why there was a NK van waiting for him.

A US military official familiar with the investigation, speaking on condition of anonymity due to a lack of authorisation, told The Messenger that the possibility that the North Koreans had prior knowledge of Mr King’s intention to cross the border is being considered.

https://www.independent.co.uk/asia/e...-b2378953.html

https://themessenger.com/news/exclus...to-north-korea

His military decorations are not uncommon for a young soldier. Since joining, King has received the National Defense Service Medal, the Korean Defense Service Medal and Overseas Service Ribbon.

Last edited by elnina; 07-23-2023 at 02:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies