Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2023, 10:35 AM

23,831 posts, read 12,682,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Again, my question is this: may a President be impeached for crimes committed before assuming office? Everything you mention above, was done, apparently, before Mr. Biden took office.

But he was VP at the time? If so, then the time for impeaching a VP is past.
Article II Executive Branch
Section 4 Impeachment
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

https://constitution.congress.gov/br...e-2/section-4/

I don't see a crime time period mentioned, where a person can only be impeached if the crime had been committed while in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2023, 10:38 AM

6,139 posts, read 2,757,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Shocker: Donald Trump spoke privately to far-right members of Congress just days before McCarthy announced the impeachment inquiry, and has been pushing for Biden impeachment for months.

It's crazy how scared Republicans are of Trump and how they continue to do his bidding, even as he now faces 91 criminal charges.

Link: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...ith-lawmakers/
Imagine if Biden called on Pelosi to impeach Trump and had dinner with her days before the impeachment the right would be going crazy!

Old 09-13-2023, 10:39 AM

23,831 posts, read 12,682,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Austen View Post
Impeachment has now become just another cheap political game.
Impeachment became a cheap political game on December 18, 2019.

Old 09-13-2023, 10:58 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,416,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfeet View Post
this Contradicts 'Weiss's OWN STATEMENT' --- !...
Link?

Because Weiss definitely said this:

..."To clarify an apparent misperception and to avoid future confusion, I wish to make one point clear: in this case, I have not requested Special Counsel designation pursuant to 28 CFR § 600 ef seq. Rather, I had discussions with Departmental officials regarding potential appointment under 28 U.S.C. § 515, which would have allowed me to file charges in a district outside my own without the partnership of the local U.S. Attorney. I was assured that I would be granted this authority if it proved necessary," the letter obtained by Fox News reads...

..."I've followed the process outlined in my June 30 letter and have never been denied the authority to bring charges in any jurisdiction," Weiss told Graham...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-...counsel-status

Old 09-13-2023, 11:11 AM

8,504 posts, read 4,582,072 times
This silly impeachment inquiry is just further proof that the House Republicans caucus is beholden to its radical extremist wing which has no desire in actually governing the nation.

The coming government shutdown will be another confirmation of this.

Old 09-13-2023, 11:22 AM

14,238 posts, read 4,615,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
This silly impeachment inquiry is just further proof that the House Republicans caucus is beholden to its radical extremist wing which has no desire in actually governing the nation.

The coming government shutdown will be another confirmation of this.
and just like that, a lefty libs thinks impeachment is now considering as “radical extremist wing”

Old 09-13-2023, 11:24 AM

14,238 posts, read 4,615,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Again, my question is this: may a President be impeached for crimes committed before assuming office? Everything you mention above, was done, apparently, before Mr. Biden took office.

But he was VP at the time? If so, then the time for impeaching a VP is past.
Didn’t Trump got impeached for the Russian collusion hoax before he became POTUS?

Old 09-13-2023, 11:40 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,099,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfeet View Post
WRONG... you can impeach a President 'Anytime' for past, present and future Crimes

--- IE; Donald Trump !

bahahahahaha

Enjoy the show....!

Donald Trump was impeached for crimes he committed while in office, not for any of the crimes he committed before he came to office. Those crimes would be, and were, handled in a court of law. And how on earth would you impeach someone for future crimes?

The ignorance in this thread is astounding. But at least you admit this is all a show. We knew that from the start.

Old 09-13-2023, 11:45 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,416,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Didn’t Trump got impeached for the Russian collusion hoax before he became POTUS?
No, neither of his impeachments had anything to do with the Russian collusion investigation.

https://constitution.congress.gov/br...ALDE_00000035/

...The first impeachment trial stemmed from a call President Trump had with the President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine in which President Trump asked the Ukrainian President to announce two investigations: one involving his potential opponent in the upcoming 2020 presidential election and a second into unsubstantiated allegations that entities within Ukraine had interfered in the 2016 presidential election...

...The second Trump impeachment occurred a year later in the waning days of the Trump presidency following the events on January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol in which some supporters of President Trump attempted to disrupt the congressional certification of the 2020 presidential election as having been won by Joseph Biden...

Old 09-13-2023, 11:51 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,817,815 times
This has shades of the same Bengazi playbook and every other investigation like the Durham report that also went no where the Republican's milked for political gain. Keep crying wolf over and over and eventually you lose some of the pearl clutching rubes that keep thinking over and over that this time the conspiracy will be true. Eventually people wake up and realize they were being duped and it ticks them off, as well it should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies