Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2023, 01:03 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,059,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Trudeau on steroids vs sorta Trump without Trump's lack of effs to give.

Two tyrants absolutely convinced of their own superiority in managing your life for you, whether you like it or not.

Hmm...

There's a reason I don't vote.
Where is the second tyrant you are speaking of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2023, 01:04 PM

19,519 posts, read 15,398,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Both have impressive resumes but the facts speak for themselves. The proof is in how they run their states. California is the poster state of everything that is wrong with the Dems and their terrible policies. Florida has a growing population because life is good and smacks of Freedom.

Do we want America to resemble California?
No. We don't.

Old 08-02-2023, 02:03 PM

8,911 posts, read 4,035,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How is he using vulnerable people as political pawns, you mean shipping the fake asylums seekers out of his state?
Yep, it was a sleazy maneuver (particularly relative to how you stated it, lol). Bottom line, they’re people (and yet DeSantis loves to self-righteously tout he’s a Christian in a ‘Christ-centered home’). Blech.

Quote:
Is it just that he's a conservative and has an R next to his name. I don't get the DeSantis hate. I can see being sort of meh about him, buy why the active dislike.
Obviously, it’s not relative to the fact he’s a Republican as he’s hated amongst (a majority of) them, too (and don’t get me started on his asinine war against Disney). The fallout of such (and subsequent backlash) could cause serious damage to their economy, not to mention it is seen as ‘anti-business’ - not only to Bob Iger but other (especially left-leaning) companies in Florida as well. D’oh.:-)

Old 08-02-2023, 02:31 PM

37,199 posts, read 42,435,442 times
That's like asking if I want to die by fire or ice

Old 08-02-2023, 02:41 PM

52,506 posts, read 53,071,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Yep, it was a sleazy maneuver (particularly relative to how you stated it, lol). Bottom line, they’re people (and yet DeSantis loves to self-righteously tout he’s a Christian in a ‘Christ-centered home’). Blech.

Obviously, it’s not relative to the fact he’s a Republican as he’s hated amongst (a majority of) them, too (and don’t get me started on his asinine war against Disney). The fallout of such (and subsequent backlash) could cause serious damage to their economy, not to mention it is seen as ‘anti-business’ - not only to Bob Iger but other (especially left-leaning) companies in Florida as well. D’oh.:-)
The asylum seeking post I mede is comletely accurate. You have on record coyotes telling people to use that claim and in court most don't actually get asylum seeker status.

Eric Adams is having a tough time with all of the "asylum seekers" too, is he not a good man either. Protecting your immediate population from excessive influx of people isn't amoral, yeah, they are people, but they are gaming the system. I usually always have some empathy for them, but let's keep it real here.

Disney wanted to play politics first, and they'd got played. They've had sweetheart deal for far far too long and haven't paid their share of taxes over the many years due to their sweetheart deals. The Disney thing I really don't have much of an opinion on either way, actually. They did provide a lot of jobs and revenue into the state, there is some truth there.

None of this stuff makes DeSantis a bad governor, but whatever, at least you answered the question I suppose.

Old 08-02-2023, 03:31 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,107,633 times
Its amazing how many would say Newsom. Look what he has done to CA. In another 10 yrs it will be a total dump. Now the comment about how many flee CA , according to Californians for every 1 that leaves, 2 come in.

Old 08-02-2023, 03:35 PM

50,699 posts, read 47,553,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Nope, I hate him because he'd be a horrible president. Y'all can keep him.
You'd have to live here to understand what a tyrant he already is. Do as I say not as I do!!

Old 08-02-2023, 04:07 PM

8,911 posts, read 4,035,626 times
Quote:
How is he using vulnerable people as political pawns, you mean shipping the fake asylums seekers out of his state?
Quote:
The asylum seeking post I mede is comletely accurate.
I was speaking to the part of your post that stated he ‘shipped’ people i.e. it dehumanizes them; it solidifies my point DeSantis felt entitled to use people as political pawns.

Quote:
None of this stuff makes DeSantis a bad governor, but whatever, at least you answered the question I suppose.
Come on, lol. How do you figure (what is perceived as) an anti-business stance (with the potential to cause significant damage to Florida’s economy) somehow translates to ‘none of this stuff makes DeSantis a bad governor’.

Quote:
Disney wanted to play politics first, and they'd got played.
What a bizarre statement (and, actually, it brings up another point). Disney is a media/entertainment conglomerate, and DeSantis narcissistically thinks of himself i.e. it’s a personal issue ‘to play’ Disney (or Newsom, for that matter, relative to the above) sans any strategy/thought to long-term outcomes.

Old 08-02-2023, 04:17 PM

19,519 posts, read 15,398,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
Its amazing how many would say Newsom. Look what he has done to CA. In another 10 yrs it will be a total dump. Now the comment about how many flee CA , according to Californians for every 1 that leaves, 2 come in.
Yeah, but they're all illegals.

Old 08-02-2023, 04:42 PM

52,506 posts, read 53,071,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
Most of the people who support Newsom don't even live here and don't have any idea what is going on with the state. I don't pretend to know the intimate details of how other states are ran. I can surmise some basics, but I'm not dialed into the specifics like people who live in their state.

I'm not sure why so many people can't seem to spell his name correctly, always adding the "e" at the end, but whatever, don't want to quibble too many small details that don't really matter.

CA has been experiencing a brain drain for a little while now. I think advancements in AI is going to hit the tech sector up north pretty hard in the coming years, but we'll see. I don't cheer for the state to fail, as I've lived here all my life. That said I've been contemplating leaving the state for a few years now.

I'm afraid CA is going to turn into the land of haves, and have-nots the rate we're importing poverty from the south, again, hopefully not.

In terms of the thread, I don't see a scenario where Newsom would have to go against DeSantis for a presidential run, at least not for 2024.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies