Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2023, 02:03 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,844,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Pence disputes Trump team's characterization of lead-up to Jan. 6

Former Vice President Mike Pence refuted the notion that former President Donald Trump only asked him to delay the counting of electoral votes on Jan. 6, 2021, to allow for audits of state election results, disputing the characterization of their interactions made by some members of Trump's legal team.

"That's not what happened," Pence said during an interview with "Face the Nation" airing Sunday.

"From sometime in the middle of December, the president began to be told that I had some authority to reject or return votes back to the states," he continued. "I had no such authority."

https://www.aol.com/pence-disputes-t...121000083.html
Pence knows better than anybody what happened. His crackpot lawyers can say what they want on any media outlet they wish. The rubber will meet the road when they get into a court of law.

Old 08-06-2023, 02:05 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,669,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
Pense has finally broken off. will see how long that last. other candidates will need to also to separate themselves from the pack if they are going to stand a chance in the primary.
Pence has already testified under oath before the Grand Jury and the January 6 Committee to everything he's saying in public now (and no doubt more as well).

Pence may try to "cushion" things in his statements, but he can't change what he's already testified to under oath.

I'd be shocked if Pence isn't called to testify under oath before the criminal jury.

Changing his story in criminal court risks a count of perjury.

Pence and his attorneys are smart enough to know that.

The bigger question is how Lauro and his crew think they will convincingly dispute the sworn testimony of the man who had just as much to gain as their client by going along with their client's scheme, but chose to follow the law anyhow.

Trump's Christian followers might also want to ask themselves whether they believe a fine, upstanding Christian like Pence would lie under oath.

Old 08-06-2023, 02:06 PM

30,209 posts, read 11,863,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojavedweller View Post
How can you call it "insurmountable evidence" when no evidence has been presented in court?

An indictment is not a conviction.
Wonder what happened to Winter Coven. I know its a coincidence but they stopped posting vociferously in 7/31 (stopped completely) and you started vociferously on 8/1. You do remind me of them. Again a coincidence.

Old 08-06-2023, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post

Trump's Christian followers might also want to ask themselves whether they believe a fine, upstanding Christian like Pence would lie under oath.

They sure hate him now. Especially with how vocal he has been lately.

Old 08-06-2023, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Biden’s DOJ has indicted Biden’s political opponent.

Nothing to see here.

Move along.

Mike Pence is also Biden's political opponent. So are Ron DeSantis, Chris Christie, and all of the other Republicans currently running for president. Heck, Robert Kennedy Jr. is also his political opponent.

Why hasn't Biden's DOJ indicted any of them?

Sure, Trump is the front runner now, but that could change if Biden's evil plot succeeds. Shouldn't Biden's all powerful DOJ be getting ahead of things and indicting all of his political opponents?

Off the top of my head, aside from the other candidates running against Trump, Biden's political opponents include Kevin McCarthy, Ted Cruz, Jim Jordan, Marco Rubio, Matt Gaetz, and a host of others in Congress/Senate.

They're not only pushing to impeach Biden but get his son put into prison.

Why isn't Biden's all powerful DOJ indicting them?

Strange!

Old 08-06-2023, 02:16 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,052,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I have a feeling that at the end of the day the entire court system, including all the courts who dismissed Trump's numerous 2020 suits and the SCOTUS will find themselves in the deep state, lol.
Well,.they'll be in deep something.

Old 08-06-2023, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Lauro says this:

John Eastman made very very thoughtful memo.

Seems like that was something Trump told him to say verbatim. What attorney is going say very very to describe a memo.
I know I'm repeating myself, but imagine a drug dealer or his attorney standing up in criminal court to defend him from selling drugs by saying "John Eastman made a very thoughtful memo that selling drugs isn't illegal."

That should go over well with the jury!

Old 08-06-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I know I'm repeating myself, but imagine a drug dealer standing up in criminal court to defend himself by saying "John Eastman made a very thoughtful memo that selling drugs isn't illegal."

That should go over well with the jury!
A very very memo its ok. That extra very is the reason. I can see Trump watching the interview angry. "I told him to say very 3 times! I remember during the pandemic pressors Pence would make these speeches that sounded just like Trump talking. Like Trump handed him a note making him add it to the speech.

There could be the point made that every adult should know drug dealing is illegal. Fine points of the constitution not so much. Still Trump had access to plenty of lawyers who were no doubt telling him he can't do what Eastman told him.

Old 08-06-2023, 02:29 PM

7,252 posts, read 7,099,345 times
I like this fully explained, easy to understand walk through of the indictment.

I watch this channel often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbIhNmoZLJQ

Old 08-06-2023, 02:38 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,237,301 times
Trump is on the verge of a mental breakdown. His actions on social media show a scared man. He has no control over what will happen. Trumps new lawyer is repeating Trump lines almost verbatim. While he attacks the Judge, Prosecutor, jury pool.

So the only one following orders is the new lawyer.

I believe at the end of Monday's hearing Trump is shut up or going to jail. Trump and his Lawyer are trying to get Pence again. Just like Jan. 6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies